Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #912267

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeWiz

you come across some great books, congrats
Post 476 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlord
So heres this months catch. 83 HOUSE OF MYSTERY/SECRETS/GHOSTS that included some cgc bernie whrightson sigs, spider-woman 1-50, marvel premiere 15-25, marvel spotlight 32 and she-hulk 1...whew

Well done @starlord! I wouldn't be to quick to sell off those Bernie signatures if you can help it. I have a hunch that his popularity will continue to grow in the industry and signed books will become harder to find. Or...you can PM me a price for the 3 of them.
Post 477 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Book isn't new but the Claremont sig is. Kinda irritated with the grade and notes. With the signing they were running a special with pressing so I went ahead and had them do it. Shouldn't have. Not sure how it can still have bends if it was pressed properly...

Post 478 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 Thanks!

@EbaySeller Thanks I'll keep you in mind!
Post 479 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@Frontier2Xterra I've wondered that myself and I came to the conclusion that CCS is balls.
Post 480 IP   flag post

You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoes10
Got these in today:

@zdoes10, I think I have one or two of these if you are trying to complete the series. For example, I think I have the "Moby Dick" with art by Bill Sienkiewicz. Let me know if you want me to look for them.
Post 481 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 sent you a PM.
Post 482 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Ah, happiness. Just delivered.

Post 483 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
About a month ago, I posted a message asking forum members for an opinion. I had come across the highest graded copy of a book from a series of books that had always interested me but that I had never pursued collecting. The price seemed reasonable given the apparent scarcity (this is a book from the 1950s with only 7 copies listed in the CGC census) but I wasn't sure that I wanted to buy it since I figured I'd then get dragged down the rabbit hole of having to collect the rest of the issues. Hey, we're all collectors, right? 🙂

Well, just as I figured, the opinions of those forum members who were kind enough to respond were pretty much unanimous... BUY IT!! And, since I was leaning that way anyway I did.

I just received the book today and I'm really pumped to have it.

For those of you who don't know, back in the 1950s, during the popularity of 3D movies and comics, a company named American Comics Group (ACG) developed an artistic technique that they called "Truevision." Basically, the technique involved the comic panels being drawn in such a way where portions of the artwork crossed the panel border and kind of created a 3D-ish effect without the use of glasses. Most of the issues even had black pages. Literally, the entire page (except for the panels) was black. As you can imagine, 65- year old comics with black pages aren't very easy to find in high grade. 😄

Anyhow, if you read this far, here's the payoff. Now I'm off to hunt down more Truevision comics. 😄

Post 484 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 - Very cool! I have a comic from 1954 - Black Diamond Western #51, that used a similar technique to create what they called "Deep Dimension."

EDIT: Here's a scan.

Post 485 IP   flag post
@esaravo Nice! I didn't know that other publishers used similar techniques although it makes sense that it would. I'll have to check out that BDW #51.

I plan to get the other "Truevision" books (dammit! I knew this would happen). In low grade most are fairly easy to find. In the meantime, I picked up a bound reprint of many of them for $10 on eBay. That'll give me something to read while I'm searching. 🙂
Post 486 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I love when I feel like I can share a couple pics of LCS weekly's. This week I have forbidden fruits...

First a variant

Second, a second print

Lastly, not a comic. I've had my eye on this book since someone posted it in reference some time ago. It's not the full size version but it was also waaaay cheaper. Initially I never saw it, I had to run back in for a Thor 6 variant, lol.
Post 487 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Got these in today:

Post 488 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoes10
Got these in today:

I grabbed a bunch of those Horizon sketch covers. A good friend of mine is a huge fan of the game; she named her cat Aloy. So, I drew the cat joining in on the cover.
Post 489 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
These came today! A day early,surprisingly

Post 490 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

picked these up on a Facebook bin all for 148 shipped, what a great deal
Post 491 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
picked these up on a Facebook bin all for 148 shipped, what a great deal

Definitely a great deal. If you want to make a quick 20 bucks on a flip let me know, lol.
Post 492 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user

Post 493 IP   flag post
Already posted this in the Golden Age thread: I bought this directly from Dave and Adams Card World website. If the next Shazam movie causes it to pop in value I probably won't be able to justify keeping it. Otherwise it will be pretty much the cornerstone of my PC. Less than 150 graded copies according to CGC and CBCS:

Post 494 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller awesome book, love that cover
Post 495 IP   flag post
These came in today:

Post 496 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Just won this at auction for basically the cost of grading. Not the best grade, but a good deal is tough to pass up.

Post 497 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim...Really nice grab on the Wolf man book
Post 498 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 Thanks, bro. With the reboot movie in the pipeline, interest may spike a little in the near future. But I just grabbed it as a Universal Monster fan.
Post 499 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Just got back from grading...

Post 500 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 501 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
The pony express arrived late tonight. Although I shouldn't really say that since this book arrived after 4 or 5 days. I got this from @Starlord and I believe he had it mailed at 9 am the next day. The whole purchase was a good experience especially since I haven't purchased a PC slab since early march. The book arrived in an over sized box with a Weiner dog on it, Dachshund for the pc, that will be re used for sure advertising Rocket Dog Comics.

Post 502 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
This was a really nice surprise! I'm going through my collection, reorganizing things. Somehow, years ago I managed to miss this issue when I was adding my books to CLZ. An extra bonus is the nice condition! So because I missed it, I'm counting this as "new" to my collection

Post 503 IP   flag post
@OGJackster I love finding stuff in my collection that I didn't know or forgot I have. It's like finding money
Post 504 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Haven't been checking in much on here...just got this though..
Post 505 IP   flag post
600863 999 30