Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #912267

Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Tarzan #153, 155x2, 156x2, 157x2, 158x2, 159x2, 160x2, 161x2, 174x2, 175, 176, 178, 202 DC Tarzan Digest #1
File Copies.

Post 401 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Moby Duck #6
Mickey Mouse #129,130,132
Banana Splits #3
Beep! Beep! The Road Runner #18,21
Fun-In #2,11,12,15
Lassie #69,70 (Last 12c, First 15c)
Fantastic Voyage #1,2
New Adventures of Huck Finn #1
File Copies

Post 402 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
I picked these up today:

Post 403 IP   flag post
Space Ghost Coloring Book x2
Super Friends Coloring Book
File Copies

Post 404 IP   flag post
Disney Adventures July 1993- Contains a short story, Marsupilmi, by Bobbi JG and David Cody Weiss (Writers), with Mike Royer pencils & Larry Meyer Inks

Disney Adventures December 1996- This and the Cartoon Tales both contain reprints of Willie Ito's & Mike Royers Cruella's Very Furry Christmas from the 101 Dalmatians one-shot adaptation of the live action film.
File Copies.

Post 405 IP   flag post

This book from Finland and the ARC #1 both contain reprints of Mike Royer's Annikki which 1st appeared in High Adventure #1.
File Copies.

Post 406 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

local pickup
Post 407 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy Those Gold Key Tarzan books look to be in Exceptional condition
Post 408 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy very diverse and interesting pickups. A lot look to be in great shape!
Post 409 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Book isn't new but the Frank Miller sig is and got a .5 grade bump with the press.

Post 410 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
@Siggy Those Gold Key Tarzan books look to be in Exceptional condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
@Siggy very diverse and interesting pickups. A lot look to be in great shape!

Thanks- None are super high grade, but considering he never had them in bags, with or without backing boards since pulling them from shelves and keeping them in his files, they're definitely in great shape- But of course condition isn't a factor in this bunch. I enjoy the VG's as much as the VF/NM's because they all make up the most important "wing" of my collection.

We're way behind on signatures though. With this bunch I now have an additional 200 +/- that need splash page (mostly) sigs- That'll make a total of around 600 (half or less are file copies). I'll have to leave them with him because when we visit, comics are rarely a topic.
Post 411 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
The Crow is a sketchbook. Now to decide to get sketches in it or leave it blank.

Post 412 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

Post 413 IP   flag post
Collector Firehawk2069 private msg quote post Address this user

Got these today from Mr. esaravo. Awesome to deal with, GREAT packaging! Will not worry to buy from again! Thank you so very much!
Post 414 IP   flag post
Collector Firehawk2069 private msg quote post Address this user

eBay pick up, first actual TMNT comics into my collection.
Post 415 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 416 IP   flag post
The story First Intercourse in this 1980 National Lampoon issue (V2 #18) is credited as being written by John Hughes with art by Michael Whitman.

In 1980, Mike W. Royer was still working for Disney when he drew this, and wisely figured someone might take exception to it, so he used his middle name, Whitman.

Before I shared this, I wanted to make sure Mike was okay with the truth being known now, and he is. I've already contacted GCD so they can update their info. I'll post a photo of the pages- They're not graphic, but they are highly suggestive.

The DVD has the cover for the 1966 Captain America animated season, but the case also includes the 1966 seasons of Hulk, Iron Man, Sub-Mariner, and Thor. Mike assisted with the animation, mainly on Iron Man and Subby.

Post 417 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user

Post 418 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
I have a goal of obtaining New Teen Titans #1-10 in SLABBED 9.4-9.8...

...I still need #3 & #6, WHY are they so hard to find?? Did the first 7 issues have low print runs?
Post 419 IP   flag post
@brysb looks like your off to a good start! If they were easy..... anybody could do it.. Keep at it and you will eventually make your goal.
Post 420 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user

Post 421 IP   flag post
I did not realize that Guy Gardner made his first appearance so long ago, thought he first appeared in the 80's.
Post 422 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I picked up a small collection of 1000+ books this Sunday....couldn't pass up the deal A quick scan looks like there are some cool Silver Age books, old Dell and Gold Key stuff.
I don't really collect the cartoon and Dell stuff so I will most likely put that stuff up for sale once I go through it. Should be super fun going through them with my wife. I'll post some pics soon

Post 423 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@MutantMania FUN!!!! Make sure to show us what jewels you got
Post 424 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
I picked up a small collection of 1000+ books this Sunday....couldn't pass up the deal A quick scan looks like there are some cool Silver Age books, old Dell and Gold Key stuff.
I don't really collect the cartoon and Dell stuff so I will most likely put that stuff up for sale once I go through it. Should be super fun going through them with my wife. I'll post some pics soon

Iā€™d be interested in any Dell Universal Monster books Creature, Mummy, Frankenstein, Dracula, or sci-fi/Horror movie adaptations. šŸ‘šŸ¼
Post 425 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim you got it. I'll let you know if I find any
Post 426 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Loving it so far. Guido Guidi's art is a welcome return along with Simon Furman's writing. Despite what I usually post in this thread, I do still enjoy reading and collecting new comics.

Post 427 IP   flag post
Love the looks of those new transformer books!
Post 428 IP   flag post
Well..... after returning two grossly over graded copies of this book, I finally found the one I was looking for. I don't mind paying for high grade books, as long as they truly are high grade books.

Im always on the look out for classic books like this that I feel are over looked.

Post 429 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user

Just got this puppy today. I'm hoping the sig is legit.
Post 430 IP   flag post
600736 999 30