Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #912267

Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
These books really captured my imagination in the late 80's. I have a lower grade raw set that put together back then, some even found in dollar bins. It felt good to be able to buy this slabbed set for purely sentimental reasons. Hopefully all are a part of my long term personal collection:

This one has a "M. Wagner" signature and sketch inside. I don't think I have the balls to crack it send to CBCS for verification without being able to see the signature.

The Primer 2 is not new, I bought raw probably about 15 years ago.

Dang...nice set!🔥🔥😜
Post 376 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
My boss’ roommate was cleaning out some stuff and I ended up with these!

@dielinfinite I would pull those Planetary books out of the middle of the stack and move them right to the top of the reading list...even if you've read them before. Wish I still had my copies to re-read.
Post 377 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 378 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica Whaaaaa? A non-golden age book in your collection? 🍻👍

Very cool!!!
Post 379 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller crack, press and send that baby in. Take a picture of the Signature and sketch and keep a copy of it with the book, beautiful books Especially that primer 2 👊
Post 380 IP   flag post

Collector danzies private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these back and they came with the new cases !!

Post 381 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@EbaySeller crack, press and send that baby in. Take a picture of the Signature and sketch and keep a copy of it with the book, beautiful books Especially that primer 2 👊

THIS!
Post 382 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Very cool!!!

Looks GA enough for me!
Post 383 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

@Batman66 I suspect I will have to give in to that idea eventually. But since I have no plans of selling I think I will just enjoy the mystique of it all for a while.
Post 384 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Very cool!!!

Looks GA enough for me!

That it does!!🍻👍
Post 385 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Not worth an awful lot but I won something else in an auction so another book really drops my per unit shipping price??

Not normally my type of book but I just like having a 'Canadian edition'

Post 386 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
August 1958 Harvey file set containing mega-key Friendly Ghost Casper #1 and other cool stuff like a Jack Kirby Phantom cover and a classic Kremer Hot Stuff cover with Hot Stuff playing the pipes of Pan.

Friendly Ghost Casper #1 is one of the most important Harvey comics because it represents the completion of the purchase of the Paramount characters by Harvey and the beginning of Harvey’s ascent as one of the biggest publishers of the silver age. Within a few months Casper’s Ghostland #1, the first Harvey giant title, would be published and the period of Harvey’s market dominance would be underway in full. This comic, with it’s classic black infinity cover, is a tough find in high grade and this copy, even being a qualified grade due to the binding process, is one of the nicer ones I have ever seen.

Post 387 IP   flag post
Alex Ross signed variant edition of 'Tec #1000...

Post 388 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
My first CBCS order came in yesterday, complete with new slabs, and yellow verified “signatures.”

All in all I’m really pleased. Not that surprised on the SS #1. I will say I thought the Detective Comics and Transformers grades would’ve been flipped, but from the notes, if I wanna get TF #1 pressed it stands a good chance of going up a bit.

Post 389 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Considering putting together runs of Witching Hour and Ghosts after I finish a few other runs. I'm really digging the DC horror anthologies.

Post 390 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley Big fan of “Witching Hour”. My wife collects them. 👍🏼
Post 391 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

I like it. I don't have to follow a bunch of continuity or anything and everything is self-contained. Just the witches tie it all together. They do crossover with the House of Mystery and Secrets guys but nothing that isn't complex. Some good art and writing in these. Problem is finding them in decent condition around here. If any of the shops get them in, they are usually pretty beat up.
Post 392 IP   flag post
Collector Firehawk2069 private msg quote post Address this user

I know COAs aren’t worth a darn, but a great cover signed by an awesome artist! The seller Discount Comic Book Service top notch! Happy with purchase!
Post 393 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I finished my Hellblazer volumes out today with these 2.

and an omnibus that's sealed in plastic still for 18? Yes please. I have to say its the most line work I've seen Young do. I've never read or watched anything associated with the wizard but I figured my daughter can read it at some point.
Post 394 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

I like it. I don't have to follow a bunch of continuity or anything and everything is self-contained. Just the witches tie it all together. They do crossover with the House of Mystery and Secrets guys but nothing that isn't complex. Some good art and writing in these. Problem is finding them in decent condition around here. If any of the shops get them in, they are usually pretty beat up.

Some of the first comics I was really into in my "tween" years was stuff like Ghosts, Witching Hour, HOM, HOS, and horror comics in general. I'm with you. Just pick one up and go and you're never lost. Just a self contained story. I used to pick them up in the quarter bin of my LCS.
Post 395 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley Love the DC mystery books. Overlooked and underrated!

@HeinzDad The Oz novels are good reads. I am currently reading them to my grandson. The language is a little dated, being written over 100 years ago, but they are very imaginative and entertaining.
Post 396 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
Big fan of the 50s photo covers.sorry about the flash.
Post 397 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Hanna-Barbera Super TV Heroes #1,4,7
File Copies

Post 398 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
File Copies

Post 399 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
Gawd, I love those Hanna Barbera books. I haven't opened that flood gate yet, but it's weakening...
Post 400 IP   flag post
Tarzan #153, 155x2, 156x2, 157x2, 158x2, 159x2, 160x2, 161x2, 174x2, 175, 176, 178, 202 DC Tarzan Digest #1
File Copies.

Post 401 IP   flag post
Moby Duck #6
Mickey Mouse #129,130,132
Banana Splits #3
Beep! Beep! The Road Runner #18,21
Fun-In #2,11,12,15
Lassie #69,70 (Last 12c, First 15c)
Fantastic Voyage #1,2
New Adventures of Huck Finn #1
File Copies

Post 402 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
I picked these up today:

Post 403 IP   flag post
Space Ghost Coloring Book x2
Super Friends Coloring Book
File Copies

Post 404 IP   flag post
Disney Adventures July 1993- Contains a short story, Marsupilmi, by Bobbi JG and David Cody Weiss (Writers), with Mike Royer pencils & Larry Meyer Inks

Disney Adventures December 1996- This and the Cartoon Tales both contain reprints of Willie Ito's & Mike Royers Cruella's Very Furry Christmas from the 101 Dalmatians one-shot adaptation of the live action film.
File Copies.

Post 405 IP   flag post
601468 999 30