Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #912267

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just arrived today, June 29th.

Batman the Smile Killer #1
DC Black Label

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user

My mail call today. A classic cover and an original Betty sketch by Dan Parent.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Tdog13 private msg quote post Address this user
Damn, that Dan Parent Betty sketch is nice!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdog13
Damn, that Dan Parent Betty sketch is nice!

Thanks. I love Dan Parent’s work. You can order these from him directly on Archie.com. He’ll do any of the Archie characters - or you if you desire! Well worth the $59.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Do you think he would accept a commission to do Katy Keene..who is arguably a fringe character in the Archie mythos?
Post 5 IP   flag post
haha the rarest of Katy Keene books..imagine this cover with katy done as Zatanna
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town I love that cover, where she's more concerned about a couple of seagulls than the monstrous fanged nightmare rising out the waves at her heels.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user

Picked these up from the comic shop yesterday!
Post 8 IP   flag post

Picked up this collection of Wonder Woman yesterday as well!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
@Darkseid_of_town I love that cover, where she's more concerned about a couple of seagulls than the monstrous fanged nightmare rising out the waves at her heels.

Katy Keene Pinup parade 15, less than 20 copies estimated to exist, I think...I own more than a few of them!
Post 10 IP   flag post

For some reason this picture didn’t load from my Wonder Woman pickup!
Post 11 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Got one of my orders back from CBCS:

Post 12 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user

These are part of a long box I bought.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Do you think he would accept a commission to do Katy Keene..who is arguably a fringe character in the Archie mythos?

Katy is one of the options: https://store.archiecomics.com/products/dan-parent-art?
Post 15 IP   flag post
I emailed Dan and asked if he would consider doing something with Katy Keene as Zatanna...he shot me a full figure drawing price at 100....thinking on it now!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town If you go for it I'd like to see it.

Now I'm thinking about Veronica as Catwoman!
Post 17 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Just bought this.

Post 18 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This arrived in today's mail as my share of my trade with @Scifinator. The mail is still unpredictable, as it took 8-days to reach me, but the books I mailed to him only took 3. Thanks for the trade/book, Rich!

Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Just bought this.

I thought we discussed buying better copies....
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
This arrived in today's mail as my share of my trade with @Scifinator. The mail is still unpredictable, as it took 8-days to reach me, but the books I mailed to him only took 3. Thanks for the trade/book, Rich!

That's a book that is often hard to find in nicer grades with that thick spine and the color that the cover is..it almost invites damage
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Batfan77 private msg quote post Address this user

just came today, bought it on eBay Saturday. It was cheap, it was Batgirl, I didn't have it, basically the stars lined up lol
Post 22 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
My first Haunt of Fear.

Post 23 IP   flag post
UK Edition, now to look for a US version.

Post 24 IP   flag post
One away from owning all 8!

Post 25 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I've gave up on buying raw books quite some time ago. With forum advice and books I've traded for MCS seems to have it together, grade wise at least. These are just a couple books I was buying to sample their input.
The SW 23 is at 8.0 but looks 9.0. The SW 27 is at 9.0 and looks that. I also bought a second copy of the flaming carrot, both were 8.0 and there weren't any scans. The worse of the two is 8-8.5, the better is a 9.2 I'd say. Push comes to shove I'd order raws there again for sure, shipping is another story though.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad what happened with shipping? It's usually fast for me and only $5 even with large orders.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I complained about it on the usps thread so ill keep it short. Ups Innovations?? Ups delivers it to my local USPS? WTF is that. The package sat at my local branch for over a week because usps doesn't care about extra work they get dumped by UPS. Thats my opinion anyways. The fact happens to be a gemini mailer and media mail costs 3 something, considering these came in a Gemini???? Sorry about the rant, I'll still order from them again.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I think I have some ups innovations shipments coming my way from Midtown Comics. Hopefully it isn't delayed as well.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Edit, sending you a pm or dm or whatever @Flanders
Post 30 IP   flag post
600813 999 30