Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #912267

Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user

Post 976 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@GeeWiz Nice IM 55 👍 I stupidly got rid of mine many years ago when I was an ejit 😮
Post 977 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Some recent pickups.

Post 978 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Got these in mail today:

Post 979 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Some random Hulk readers. May try to catch all the old Byrne run again, and hard to beat the small McFarlane run.

And then while waiting for the right 9.6 or 9.8, I ran across this at a price I couldn't pass up. This will hold me over for a bit.

Post 980 IP   flag post

Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user

Second copy of a poor man's turtle that I pulled out of the lab last night.
Post 981 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I got my once a month comic fix from MCS today. I have not read any of them yet. Just FYI, if you've ever been interested in Tank Girl, the King Tank Girl pictured here is the first one of the series that just started and it is now being published by Albatross.

These are all preorders:

And these are backstock that I added on to my preorders for shipping. I'm actually not going to be doing preorders from MCS anymore and this option is the one I will miss the most!!!

This one I have waited to get since it came out. I now have all the covers for all the issues of NamWolf!!!

Post 982 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O @zdoes10 Love those Alex Ross variants! I’ll probably hunt down the Black Widow, She-Hulk, Wolverine, Phoenix, and Spider-Man covers!

Two new omnibuses to add to the stack!

This one collects all of Black Widow’s solo appearances from her first appearance through 1998!

I really like omnibuses like this. It’s similar to the previous Punisher: Back to the War omnibus which includes the Punisher’s early appearances.

Collecting a bunch of number ones and a few stand outs from the radi-coolest decade of them all!

Post 983 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite I do too!! I just ordered my favorite characters and some that just caught my eye. Last month, I just got the Cap one.

Post 984 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite look on TFAW.com, do a search for Alex Ross.

They have a lot of his covers.
Post 985 IP   flag post
@zdoes10 Thanks! I’ll take a look!

@Jesse_O I just ordered Daredevil, Spider-Man, She-Hulk, and Scarlet Witch from the shop that handles my monthly subscription. Still want Wolverine, Spider-Woman, Black Widow, Phoenix, and Medusa
Post 986 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
MAIL CALL!!!
My monthly order from DCBS came in today!
🔥 First pic - Indy’s
🔥 Second pic - DC
🔥 Third pic - Marvel

Post 987 IP   flag post
@daywalker how is DCBS? I'm pretty sure I'm going to switching my preorders over to them. I've noticed that they still have October preorders up. Do you know when they generally switch it? My other options are TFAW or Midtown. But right now, I like the DCBS site best.
Post 988 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O DCBS is excellent! I’ve been ordering from them for years! You should be able to place an order for another week or so!
Post 989 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Just snagged this off e-bay with a “best offer”. A Graboid bobblehead from the unaired pilot to the 2018 “Tremors” series with Kevin Bacon.

I love the movies. This is my 3rd prop from the franchise. I still need to get an original folded theatrical poster for the first movie.

Post 990 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@daywalker how is DCBS? I'm pretty sure I'm going to switching my preorders over to them. I've noticed that they still have October preorders up. Do you know when they generally switch it? My other options are TFAW or Midtown. But right now, I like the DCBS site best.

they typically switch in the first of the following month. note however that you really need to preorder as you cannot order up to release date
Post 991 IP   flag post
@daywalker I already did my October preorders through MCS. I'm looking for November preorders. I'm glad to hear that you like them and have been using for years!!

@poka thanks. That's what I was wondering. I'm used to MCS switching the catalog over to the next catalog the Thursday or Friday after the ordering deadline, which was October 21st this month. I'm used to ordering comics this way, so ordering 2-3 months out is not a big deal for me.
Post 992 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O dcbs is good but prices don't include bags and boards. Has MCS been sending you crap with spine ticks?

With Tfaw your first shipments are sent when the first comic you order is released. You can the set the frequency of your preorders from then on.
Post 993 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O @flanders I think it all equals out in the end, as DCBS offers a bigger discount, 40-50% off as opposed to MCS 35%.
Post 994 IP   flag post
@flanders yeah, I'm not too worried about buying bags. I actually like the fact that I can choose mylars. MCS has actually been very good to deal with. I don't actually check too closely for spine tics since I mostly buy for my reading pleasure, but I've not noticed anything with spine ticks. I do take out each comic, inspect it and photograph it when I get my order, so I'm sure I'd notice if there was a pattern.

One question I do have is billing. If I understand it correctly, whatever I order in November will hit my card around the 15th of December. Is that correct?
Post 995 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O I believe so, yes
Post 996 IP   flag post
More Byrne Hulk readers I found this morning. Issue 317 needs some TLC with a bend down the center.

Post 997 IP   flag post
And one more just for @HeinzDad

Post 998 IP   flag post
@Jesse_o @zdoes10 I had to do a little searching but I think I ended up ordering 10 of the Timeless variants: Spider-Man, Daredevil, Wolverine, Ghost Rider, She-Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Medusa, Black Widow, Spider-Woman, and Phoenix
Post 999 IP   flag post
601456 999 24