Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Neal Adams signed Zatanna Print...look legit to you?12266

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user

Ebay purchase I pulled the trigger on...wanted the image regardless ….but how does the signature look to you? Is advertised as the actual signature and not a pre print...so what say you Neal Adams fans?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Submitted a few moments ago to BAS for signature review..lets see what the experts think!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a few I got from him in person, Mike.

And going by them, it looks legit to me.
Post 3 IP   flag post
There is a definite resemblance for sure...thinking its likely legit as well. Thanks for sharing those Ed...how much does he generally get for signing?

Hard for me to lose on this one...since I wanted the Zatanna image anyways...
Post 4 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
He was $50 per signature two years ago at cons. I got the Conan signed around 5 years ago for $35.
Post 5 IP   flag post
prints are 28 bucks shipped all in and supposedly signed....sounds like a deal to me
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
He was at $50. per sig. 2 years ago at Motor City. Sometimes his sig. is sloppier than other times.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Signed Zatanna print for 28 bucks shipped seems like a deal then if its actually his signature
Post 8 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town definitely looks legit! congrats on this! I know you're a huge fan of Zatana.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Here is a few of Neal Adam's signatures that I have from some prints.

Post 10 IP   flag post
those definitely look like what is on the print and tend to make me think its legitimately signed
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Darkseid_of_town definitely looks legit! congrats on this! I know you're a huge fan of Zatana.
I had never invested in buying his signature per se....always thought eventually I would find a book he signed and do it that way...just buy a signed slab as I did with Stan lee, but apparently it wont be a book afterall….Zatanna works for me even better though
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town - I bought this blue label a few years back with an unverified signature. It looks legit to me and thankfully it's not a green label. I really don't know if it's even worth the expense to have it regraded and put in a red label (or the new verified yellow, as I understand it).

Post 13 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I found another image, and the sig is in a different place. I think it's legit, and a great price.
Shocking, actually lol
Post 14 IP   flag post
Yeah that was what I was thinking as well...its a nice print of Zatanna, all in all...add in a Neal Adams signature, and no shipping charged...28 dollars? Whats not to like....course I hope the signature can pass verification but still.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Contacted the seller, and he explained that he goes to quite a few cons, and bought these prints directly from Neal himself...given the amount of items he offers for sale signed by Neal it would appear he spends a lot with him.
I can only speculate what he must have paid for a signed print that he can sell for 28 dollars after ebay fees and such ...but knowing that Neal generally charges around fifty per signature that makes the print a rather solid deal
Post 16 IP   flag post
And for the final touch... using signature review BAS was able to state it would pass full review.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Given the low price my thought this whole time was not that the signature might fail but that it might be a mass printed signature? I don't see his signature anywhere else on the print and I'm a little surprised it is otherwise unsigned, but I don't know prints very well. Have you found copies of this print without the Adams signature?
Post 18 IP   flag post
My thinking was this...this print is apparently a convention purchase from Neal Adams himself.Apparently that's the only way to acquire it, from what I am seeing. Makes sense...you see the print on his wall, inquire and he offers you one signed for x amount.
The seller has more books and prints than I can count all signed by Neal adams....which suggests a mutually beneficial relationship for both.
The print is offered by different people on ebay yes, but each one is signed slightly differently as per the one linked above by Siggy. Notice on mine the signature actually touches her heel vs the other that Siggy posted with a noticeable gap. Side by Side you can clearly see the differences
A signature that is mass printed is supposed to fail verification Mass printed means instant failure as far as a signature verification.

Siggys posted example

My purchase

This morning BAS sent me verification the item passed signature review..this means it is not a preprint and would likely pass full verification.

Finally, I posted the image to my Instagram, and tagged Neal using the picture...he uses the name...TherealnealAdams
My post credited him as the artist and signature as well. He did not request I remove the tag nor object which would suggest tacit endorsement or else he did not notice.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Looks legit then. Is it possible that Neal is the online seller? I know he does a big business selling his autographed items in store, at shows and online. When I went to his convention booth his store manager asked if I had any of Neals material that I could sell to them.
Post 20 IP   flag post
While it is possible I would say doubtful since the seller says he bought the print from Adams....I don't really see the reason for any deceit on his part so, I assume it isn't Neal himself. Neal sells from a web site, I looked at, but I did not see this particular print for sale there..made me wonder if it was something he has done in the past and no longer offers.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Plus the items on websight are pricey. No discounts from Mr.Adams. He is a business machine. He also has some virtual auctions on line that I have viewed. Those items were more money than I would want to spend.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Plus the items on websight are pricey. No discounts from Mr.Adams. He is a business machine. He also has some virtual auctions on line that I have viewed. Those items were more money than I would want to spend.

Yeah ...is what caught my eye about this for sure...an 11 x 14 color print, hand signed for 28.99 all in and no shipping? Hell the art alone is worth the buy in, nevermind the Adams signature which appears to normally run about 50 apiece
Post 23 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
I am surprised that nobody here used the sign for his comic shop! It has his signature after all.

Post 24 IP   flag post
@Instant_Subtitles - I bet that one would fail verification - the Adams is way off from his actual signature.
Post 25 IP   flag post
600870 25 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?