Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Grade My Ultimate Fallout 4 1st PTG12265

Collector Eikkichi private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Guys,

What grade do you think my Ultimate Fallout 4 is ?
Hopefully that's enough pictures

?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
8.0?

Several spine ticks & it’s hard to tell if the big crease on the back breaks color.

Could pull into the 9’s with a press.
Post 2 IP   flag post
So $260 for this isn't worth it ?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I agree; In the low 9s with a press.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
I agree; In the low 9s with a press.

So is $260 worth it ?
Post 5 IP   flag post
After a press, IF it pulled a 9.4, you’d have into it full current market value.

It’s a Seller’s market right now. If you REALLY want it, I’d offer $200.

Personally, I’d wait for the market to cool down before grabbing one.

Just my two cents.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
8.0?

Several spine ticks & it’s hard to tell if the big crease on the back breaks color.

Could pull into the 9’s with a press.

Also what big crease in the back ?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eikkichi
So $260 for this isn't worth it ?

Not worth it, too much risk for too little reward.
Post 8 IP   flag post
First one could be a reflection of light.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
9.4 at best, hard for me to say let it go cuz the numbers might be even worse later or they could be better...
Post 10 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
One thing to remember with high dollar raw modern books...you may be buying a book that has already been grade-screened. The same with unverified signatures or CGC green label signatures...they may be signatures that have already failed the verification process. The seller has no legal obligation to disclose these things. Try to use the information available about a seller...other items for sale, feedback, previous sales, etc to get a feel for what kind of person you are dealing with. One thing I always look for is if they have a history of selling the same exact "high grade" raw book more than once...that typically means it has been returned by unsatisfied buyers. I run from those sellers.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Chris977s private msg quote post Address this user
In current condition I'd say 8.5-9.0. With press you might be able to squeeze a 9.4 out of it. I personally wouldn't buy it because of the unpredictability of prices in the long run. It could sky rocket even more, or it could pop and be selling for half of what it is right now.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
First one could be a reflection of light.

So I looked at other grades 9.8 ect

The first pic that large one you mentioned is a line in the colour

the link for that books is:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTIMATE-FALLOUT-4-CGC-9-8-DURDJEVIC-VARIANT-1ST-MILES-MORALES/114280505544?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3Da63a57523df341dc85ce58d9628ba14a%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26mehot%3Dnone%26sd%3D224054479203%26itm%3D114280505544%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2380057&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A54a18ace-bad3-11ea-9253-327fe8552a9b%7Cparentrq%3A055b5e7b1730aaeece0cdd6affde5531%7Ciid%3A1
Post 13 IP   flag post
That’s good, but there also appears to be a color break in the same spot on the copy you’re looking at. Along with several on the spine.

Post 14 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
8.5 range
Post 15 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Here's what I see:

The two spine ticks on the back, that others have pointed out. I think both of these can be pressed out with the right presser, and it looks to me like they don't break color.

The spine tick on the front cover near the bottom DOES break color. It's just a little, but it's distinct. With the right press, that isn't enough to bar a 9.8. But there is a second tick near Iron Man's arm that has an even smaller color break. If both of these completely press out, it could still be okay for a 9.8, but it's wobbly now.

Unfortunately, I also see a slight tear on the back cover, at the bottom of the top staple. Tears like that, on the back, I don't know. At CGC it kind of depends on the grader; they are very inconsistent. Sometimes a tear that small, they just call it a staple stress line. Anyway, it's small, but I'm pretty sure it's distinct. I would say that solidly puts it in 9.4, with a small chance of 9.6 or 9.2.

-------------
The thing with this comic is, as someone pointed out, the big price jump a month ago brought a LOT out of the woodwork. The price hasn't really come down to reflect how very many are at CBCS and CGC right now, waiting in line. I had two finishing up at my presser right before it popped, and they got to CGC just as things were taking off. Arrived on 6/09, checked in as "received" on 6/12, NOT fast pass, and haven't been scheduled for grading yet. Fast pass submissions will lap mine, but otherwise I'm near the front of the "Holy crap this comic is HOT" line, and I still won't have mine back for at least another week or two.

So ... I think it will come back down some as the market gluts, maybe a month or two from now. Right now a 9.8 is $1000, and I think the floor for the next six months is $750. (It went as high as $1400, $1500 on eBay, recall.)

If you don't want to wait, and you want to get a raw 9.8 candidate to slab (smart), then don't be afraid to spend more money. After skipping a LOT of auctions, I just bought a raw I feel good about for $335 ($363 with tax and shipping). I don't have it in hand yet, but couldn't see anything wrong with it.

Another strategy is: buy a slabbed 9.2 or 9.4 that hasn't been pressed. It's hard to tell, but you can maybe get a hint from the grader notes. I bought one last week for about the same price as that raw one. Grader notes (that I had to pay for, dammit) said: "Light bends to cover" ... which SOUNDS like no color breaking spine stress lines, and SOUNDS like it's mainly that infamous line down the middle of the back cover, that a LOT of these have from the polybag. Also, the owner said, when I asked, that it had never been pressed.

I got this one in hand a couple days ago, and can't see a damn thing wrong with it.

See, many, many copies of this comic, the only thing wrong is that polybag line. And many, many copies of this comic were just sent in, without a press, or with a weak press. So what you want to do is, find one that graded low because of this very fixable defect, and then fix it.

For that, I recommend Gary at Impressive, and Joey at CFP. Or CBCS pressing, if you go that route for grading. (I would NOT recommend CCS for this ... I think that polybag indention is the sort of thing they sometimes miss.)

Good luck!
Post 16 IP   flag post
601344 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?