Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver AgeQuestions

Help with grade: Iron Man and Sub-Mariner 112258

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Looking for a grade estimation for this book. Have had it for a long time and was wondering if it was worth slabbing or should I keep an eye out for something better. I mostly collect mid to lower grades as they are way more affordable than top tier. the shadows in the 2nd picture are actually shadows (i take terrible pics) thanks for any help.

Post 1 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
6.0, with a press and taking spine roll out 6.5 to 7.0.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Looks to be in the 5.0 range to me. 4.5 gpa is 80, 5.0 is at 120 (last two sales were around 160) and 5.5 is 120 also (last sale 170). So if you want to slab it I think the numbers could work, as for me I would leave it raw
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Looks to be in Fine- (5.5).
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like a rock solid 5.0 to me. Is it worth slabbing?... I don't know. But if you intend to slab, most definitely get it pressed. Else store it in a Mylites 2/fullback and stash it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
Looks to be in the 5.0 range to me. 4.5 gpa is 80, 5.0 is at 120 (last two sales were around 160) and 5.5 is 120 also (last sale 170). So if you want to slab it I think the numbers could work, as for me I would leave it raw
Think Batman has nailed this grade...all that visible wear that breaks color in the purple box towards top sure brings it down ….
With this book you could go either way...the one thing I notice is the prices keep pushing higher on it, so it might soon be a sure bet even at this grade.
One thing to remember is this was one of the comics that was part of a massive warehouse find, and there are a lot of higher grade copies out there.

2513 copies CGC graded to date....of which around 725 are 9.0 or higher in grade. (Wow another example of the census is useful and helps to determine facts surrounding a comic)
Post 6 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for your opinions, at the mid 5.0 or so it is worth slabbing, I just need to find a local presser, I am unwilling to wait for months on it you guys rock!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Fine
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Fine

Thank you sir
Post 9 IP   flag post
597876 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?