Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

LETS SEE THOSE MARK JEWELERS12257

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

some of my favorite in my collection, so what's in your wallet, I'm mean collection
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3 IP   flag post

Post 4 IP   flag post
National Diamond Sales insert. Pretty similar.

Post 5 IP   flag post

I might have more. I feel like these things randomly found their way into my collection.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector RicksComicCrypt private msg quote post Address this user

Sorry it’s sideways. Not sure how to rotate it here.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
The Marvel Two-In-Ones were part of a bulk lot purchase on eBay. No mention any MJI's were included, but then it's not like they're high grade or standout issues. The Power Man comics, however, were found under a table at a comic shop. No sticker mention of MJI's, and I didn't find them until they were home. This was around when the duo was at peak interest (speculation- Why? I don't sell ), so I just bought the 3 they had. 2 were MJI
No pics of the inserts.

Post 8 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I can only imagine all these military spouses constantly going to gatherings with other military spouses who have their exact same engagement ring from Mark Jeweler, lol. I wonder what the details are behind Mark Jeweler...did they charge fair prices or did they use their military connection and credit option to gouge prices on lower quality jewelry?
Post 9 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller I don't know about the pricing but when I was on active duty, it was like real life Mark Jeweler inserts would visit base every so often. Usually set up a little kiosk for a week or so at the base exchange and talk naive little sailors fresh out of boot camp into buying something nice for their sweethearts back home.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user

got a customer of mine that's just brought in a large bundle of MJ inserts so if anyone is chasing any feel free to give me a shout and i can pass on your details.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
So you want to see my jewels?

Post 12 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash

Are they marked?
Post 13 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I honestly think I only have a few. I would have to check a lot of books to be sure.

Post 14 IP   flag post

Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Odinson2000 private msg quote post Address this user
What’s the story with these for keys? More, less or depends? I’m curious because I’ve noticed that mcs pays less for keys with the MJ insert.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Odinson2000 check to see what they sell them for, if they get more money or less
I definitely pay more for keys with them
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash

Are they marked?
a collection of jewelers I bought did have a star stamped on the cover
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinson2000
What’s the story with these for keys? More, less or depends? I’m curious because I’ve noticed that mcs pays less for keys with the MJ insert.

Depends on condition, but they generally fetch more than without it. It's a niche market but finding the right buyer is worth it. If MCS is paying less for keys with the insert, then their profit margin is higher because they sell them for a premium.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Odinson2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting. Thanks for the responses. I’ve been eyeing a major key with it and have been hesitating because I’m not steeped in these.
Post 20 IP   flag post
No worries. I admit my knowledge of them is limited but there are others here who have more insight on the MJI variants.
Post 21 IP   flag post
601460 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?