Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden AgeMemorabiliaPop Culture

The one-a-day collector friendly social distancing mask thread!12244

Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
In a manner of speaking this is sorta-kinda based on DrWatson's one a day tee-shirt thread, so if you wanna throw shade or virtual tomatoes for inspiring this debacle, he's da man!

The images printed on the masks were selected from golden age book scans from my collection, a surprise b-day gift from wife. I tried scanning just the masks, but the folds in stiffer masks just don't do the images justice. And you'll have to put up with my mug rather than a professional model (sorry 'bout that).

I have enough masks to extend this awhile (sorry 'bout that too). Alternatively, you could add your own kewl mask images to the thread. Anyway, hopefully everyone will find some kewl ideas that are entertaining and informative.

I'll start this off with a mask imaged from the classic Silver Streak cover by Jack Cole featuring the GA Daredevil battling the Claw (I don't know which is scarier, the mask or the wearer!)...

Post 1 IP   flag post
I'm just gonna call this mask "The Wolverton"...

Post 2 IP   flag post
Like clockwork ...in this case Cap clocking Der Fuhrer... time for another daily mask:

This mask design based on Joe Simon's cover for Captain America #2.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Where do you get fabric with such cool but obscure images? Are you making these yourself?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Where do you get fabric with such cool but obscure images? Are you making these yourself?

Thanks for asking, but no. My wife contracted two separate on-line print-on-demand vendors who utilized scans provided (mostly of books from my personal collection). Each mask is a one off, not for resale as this isn't a business venture I'm involved with. I don't want to run afoul of copyright issues. The source for the first and third masks was Canvas Discounts, if I'm not mistaken.

That vendor would probably entertain any personal use comic book cover scans submitted.

The second mask (from yesterday) is cloth rather than canvas, much lighter in weight, but with extremely vivid color from a different vendor altogether, That vendor's name eludes me at the moment. I'll ask my wife for that info tomorrow. That vendor would not do any comic covers, expressing concerns over copyright issues.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Not quite as cool as @CatmanAmerica’s, but my wife surprised me with a couple like this off of Etsy.

I’ll have to ask her if they’re made to be reversible, because the interior fabric is cool too.

Post 6 IP   flag post
ALL WINNERS #18...

Post 7 IP   flag post
ALL WINNERS #21...

Post 8 IP   flag post
HUMAN TORCH #23 (be afraid!)...

Post 9 IP   flag post
Marvel Mystery #71

Post 10 IP   flag post
Social distancing back in June (my Shadow mask, at our local No Frills Grill)...

...I've been hunkered down since though.

THIS IS A PUB SERVICE MESSAGE.
Post 11 IP   flag post
601347 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?