Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch CoversComics Modern AgeQuestionsSignatures

Who drew this original art?1220

Collector WCollecbales private msg quote post Address this user
I stumbled across this book at my LCS and decided to pick it up. However, I don't have a clue who the artist is. I pretty much took a punt on it as a) I really like the art b) It was only £5. But, I'm still curious as to who the artist is. I can only make out "Jamie" from the signature. I'd like to get it coloured at my next con, but if they artist is relatively well known, I don't want to spoil the sketch. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector JLA555 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi
Did you ask the owner of the comic shop.
it may be a local artist.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector WCollecbales private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLA555
Hi

I did ask, they didn't know. However, I managed to track the artist down, his name is Jamie Tyndall. He basically confirmed the art was his via Instagram.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector PINKFLOYD private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PINKFLOYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCollecbales
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLA555
Hi

I did ask, they didn't know. However, I managed to track the artist down, his name is Jamie Tyndall. He basically confirmed the art was his via Instagram.
Quote:

Post 5 IP   flag post
I don't mean to intrude, but ca someone tell me who? signed this. Very new collector.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@PINKFLOYD I recognize the cover as Amazing Spider-Man #375. I'm not sure it's anyone on the listed credits. What I can make out is maybe an "A" as the first initial and a "Y" or maybe a "J" to start the second name, followed by an "o", then several characters I can't decipher, and ending with a "t".

So somwthing like:

A. Y/J o_ _ _ _ t
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I don't mean to intrude, but ca someone tell me who? signed this. Very new collector.

Here is the information for this issue.
LINK
Post 8 IP   flag post
Actually, I think it's Aaron Lopresti. He pencilled an 8 page Chameleon story.
Notice the dot at the end of the sig?
Post 9 IP   flag post
@MR_SigS I considered that as well but looking at witnessed versions of his signature it seems very different

Still, if we accept that his signature's changed or that he might've used a different then I can definitely see it being Lioresti
Post 10 IP   flag post
Very interesting.
I'm convinced the OPs image is supposed to read as "A Lopresti", but not being witnessed who can say? They're different aside from the dot at the end. Pretty clear the name was fluidly written too.
I wonder how much time is between the two sigs.
Post 11 IP   flag post
The DKIII sig is like a year old but ASM 375 is like 20 years old now so there's plenty of time for it to have changed.

I've had a similar conundrum with some Michael Turner signatures. All the pre-signed stuff from the early Witchblade days seems to have this signature

While all the witnessed signatures look like this

Still, there seems to be at least a little similarity in certain elements. My theory is that when he did the signings for Wizard or Diamond or whatever he may have had more time so his signature was more written out. He may have changed to the faster signature after hitting the convention scene where he was more pressured to do many signatures in a limited amount of time
Post 12 IP   flag post
I did not want anyone that helped and tried to I.D. the signature on AMS 375 for me, that I forgot, but thank-you. B. Nelson
Post 13 IP   flag post
I'm back, after all what everyone did, the signature shows up on DKIII, where's MURPHY?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector JLA555 private msg quote post Address this user
?
Post 15 IP   flag post
600889 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?