Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Graded

New CBCS Slab Sneak-Peak Reviews!12191

I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Edge328 Agreed!! Looking forward to getting my hands on them.

Ive always loved the clean simple design of the CBCS label. The New label with the wrap around feature looks even better! It also looks as though the Black Font may be a bit Darker as well.

Much easier on the eye than the big clunky white box on the CGC label. I can't wait to get one in hand.
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector Edge328 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm anticipating and hoping that since the label is no longer part of the inner well that used to put pressure on it unevenly that the labels will no longer warp. (It's confirmed that it's separate from the inner sleeve on the new slabs).
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector Imad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge328
I'm anticipating and hoping that since the label is no longer part of the inner well that used to put pressure on it unevenly that the labels will no longer warp. (It's confirmed that it's separate from the inner sleeve on the new slabs).
Do you know if CBCS Canada is open?
Post 153 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imad
Do you know if CBCS Canada is open?

They're not yet and it could be a while from the sounds of it. I've been going through Big Country Comics in Manitoba for submissions for now.
Post 154 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a link to a video showcasing our new holder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YovBwHZlPeY
Post 155 IP   flag post

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock

Post 156 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock Awesome!!!!! CBCSs birthday gift to Canada.
Post 157 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Post 158 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock

Very nice! Big props for the subtle changes that enhance the label aesthetics without turning it into a billboard where comics become back seat passengers. The grade is more distinct, but perfectly in balance with the label design and the book is the center of interest as it should be (IMO).

Books actually look clearer in the case either by formula (the plastic or polished surfacing used in the new holder) or design (position of books inside the sealed holder). Also, going with the yellow label for both verified and witnessed signatures is well thought out and should get little or no flack from collectors.

Has anything been decided yet on a new pedigree label? Some folks over on the competitor’s forum nudged them in the direction of gold. They actually listened for once (shock!). Long term, gold or bronze would seem like an appropriate choice if CBCS has any inclinations along those lines. It’s unlikely the good folks at CGC can make the color gold proprietary.
Post 159 IP   flag post
Collector sLiver private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock Hi Steve, I have a few signed books I'd like to send in. I heard that you guys did away with the red labels, so if verified, signed books will now all get yellow labels... (?) Can you please confirm?
Post 160 IP   flag post
Yes it would be great to know if the VSP are yellow starting today with the new cases, or if that change will come later!
Post 161 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Nice review of the new holders...

Post 162 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster - Nice - especially the 10% off promo code!
Post 163 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Can we confirm when the promo code expires? I'm planning on spending way too much money and sending in a large submission soon.
Post 164 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Can we confirm when the promo code expires? I'm planning on spending way too much money and sending in a large submission soon.

I also wanted to know the expiration date on the code as I am located outside of the USA and it will take time for my order to arrive at CBCS!
Post 165 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@SpiderTim - The date you mail/ship it is what counts for a promotion, not the date when it arrives at CBCS. Then when it is entered into your Dashboard, the TAT clock starts to tick.
Post 166 IP   flag post
Collector sLiver private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

+1. Anyone know what the current promo code is for JULY? I’m planning on sending in a dozen books or so this week. 🤓🙏
Post 167 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@sLiver I'm planning on sending in at least 80 . My CD is maturing and I figured I can do better than a 1.2% ROI by investing in comics so I'm not renewing it. I also sent you a PM with the code, not sure what the forum rules are for posting them.
Post 168 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
I've always been rather neutral on labels and slab design. As long as the label provides the needed information and the slab (inner and outer) provide the needed protection I'm happy.

The general slabbed collector universe however appears to view the CGC Gen 2 holder as of higher quality. Solely because it is sealed all four sides and is a bit heavier/thicker.

So to the degree that the new CBCS slabs results in collectors viewing the slabs of the two companies as "equal" then I am pleased to see the new CBCS holder.

The only change that personally excites me is the switch away from the red label to yellow for verified signatures. Just as I 100% agree with a blue label on restored books with label text clearly noting restoration, so too do I like a yellow label for signatures. Read the label to see if it was witnessed or verified. The label should not immediately discourage a purchase or look. I have a few signed books I'll send in for reholdering just for the new label.
Post 169 IP   flag post
Post 170 IP   flag post
601245 170 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?