Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Graded

New CBCS Slab Sneak-Peak Reviews!12191

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@poka

We are lucky body builder even flexed the case. When asked if it would scratch, I was expecting a coin to be pulled out. Apparently that would have been beyond the scope of the review... =(
Post 126 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
now i just wish one of the reviewers drop the new slab and see what happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@poka

We are lucky body builder even flexed the case. When asked if it would scratch, I was expecting a coin to be pulled out. Apparently that would have been beyond the scope of the review... =(

Yeah!!! I wanna see a product test like "Gotham Steel" or "Ginsu" just pound on it with a hammer or scratch it with a fork, maybe dip it in water!!! will it still cut a tomato after slicing through a can??
Post 127 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Can it be scratched? Really? It's plastic, not glass. 😂
Post 128 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts

It was asked in the regie (sp?) the body builder follow up video.

But truth be told I have plastic that has gotten scratched and i even bought buffing polish specifically for plastic to try and clear up some scratches. so it does happen.

Edit.
The plastic was a display case. Not a graded comic.
Post 129 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

Diamond scratches glass, plastic, you name it, but then I heard DC cut Diamond, so guess that kinda makes comics tougher than anything.
Post 130 IP   flag post

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

Diamond scratches glass, plastic, you name it, but then I heard DC cut Diamond, so guess that kinda makes comics tougher than anything.

Post 131 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica LOL!!!!
Post 132 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Has there been any other online reviews of the new slab?
Post 133 IP   flag post
NO?
Post 134 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Post 135 IP   flag post
I'm not sure if this one has been shared.

Edit, the first review got removed, so he did this one.
Post 136 IP   flag post
Going off the list that Ricketts posted to open this thread, we are still waiting on a review from Gem Mint on YouTube. The three so far have been Regie Collects, Simpleman and Economics in Comics
Post 137 IP   flag post
Collector Edge328 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm curious if the July 1st release is only for books that are received at CBCS on that day or later, or if it includes books that are already received at CBCS but aren't graded until on or after July 1?
Post 138 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge328
I'm curious if the July 1st release is only for books that are received at CBCS on that day or later, or if it includes books that are already received at CBCS but aren't graded until on or after July 1?

That is when they anticipate that they will start using the new cases to encapsulate. Some books that are already there will be getting the new slabs. It all depends where they are at in the queue.
Post 139 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
I am enjoying the looks of the new case, but I may be in the minority when I say this, I just wish the text on not only the main label but the top label would be centered. I like the grade on the left, the CBCS logo on the right and the title of the comic being in the center on the top of the main label but everything else needs to be centered. The indentation to the left side leaves too much empty space on the remainder of the main label. The back of the label is fine, the front just needs some tweaking and it would look so much cleaner if centered. The top label as well would look better if the title/grade was centered as well.

Just my two cents, overall this new case is a big winner in my book.
Post 140 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Looking at Simpleman's comics review I am now concerned about the holder being completely sealed. CBCS doesn't use microchamber paper inside the comic because previously the case could breath because it was open on the sides. Now that the new case is completely sealed won't that generate a problem with offgassing?
Post 141 IP   flag post
It's not completely sealed, there are air holes at the bottom.
Post 142 IP   flag post
Promo from Beckett.

Post 143 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O - Looks like that Action Comics #1 that Steve shared with us last week is featured at the end of this video (9.6 restored).
Post 144 IP   flag post
@esaravo good eyes and great memory!!! I think you are correct!
Post 145 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Jesse_O - Looks like that Action Comics #1 that Steve shared with us last week is featured at the end of this video (9.6 restored).

Clean wrap too. (snicker).
Post 146 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
That label, ugh.
Post 147 IP   flag post
I love the label. So simple and to the point.
Post 148 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Edge328 Agreed!! Looking forward to getting my hands on them.
Post 149 IP   flag post
Collector Imad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 150 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Edge328 Agreed!! Looking forward to getting my hands on them.

Ive always loved the clean simple design of the CBCS label. The New label with the wrap around feature looks even better! It also looks as though the Black Font may be a bit Darker as well.

Much easier on the eye than the big clunky white box on the CGC label. I can't wait to get one in hand.
Post 151 IP   flag post
I'm anticipating and hoping that since the label is no longer part of the inner well that used to put pressure on it unevenly that the labels will no longer warp. (It's confirmed that it's separate from the inner sleeve on the new slabs).
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector Imad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge328
I'm anticipating and hoping that since the label is no longer part of the inner well that used to put pressure on it unevenly that the labels will no longer warp. (It's confirmed that it's separate from the inner sleeve on the new slabs).
Do you know if CBCS Canada is open?
Post 153 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imad
Do you know if CBCS Canada is open?

They're not yet and it could be a while from the sounds of it. I've been going through Big Country Comics in Manitoba for submissions for now.
Post 154 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a link to a video showcasing our new holder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YovBwHZlPeY
Post 155 IP   flag post
600861 170 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?