Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Graded

New CBCS Slab Sneak-Peak Reviews!12191

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
I wanted to give the forum members an update on the new CBCS slabs. We asked a handful of comic related YouTube channels if they would like to get their hands on a sample of our new slab a few weeks before they go live. They all agreed and each one wull be doing reviews of the slab on their channels.

The samples were shipped to them this past Wednesday and should be starting to arrive in their hands any day now. Here are links to the channels that will be reviewing the new CBCS slab.

https://www.youtube.com/user/rsimmons1911/featured

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvQiE3gotzdWZY7TYYNKtBw/featured

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC31fEeAOTnfRgvGFwYJsFUA/featured

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTvv17vEHJbXjVG0ENE65oA/featured

I can't tell you how excited i am for everyone to start getting these in your hands. I know the wait was long, but i think you'll be quite happy with the product.

Keep an eye on those YouTube channels over the next few days and enjoy the sneak-peak of the new CBCS slab!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Will have to keep an eye out for their videos!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
The first review is in...
https://youtu.be/Ar-cqZkC050
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
Those new slabs look great! I hope my order gets delayed a little bit to make it in those!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
So all books moving forward will be in new slabs? Year long wait might be worth it
Post 6 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountie73
Those new slabs look great! I hope my order gets delayed a little bit to make it in those!

First time i've heard someone make this request. (lol)
Post 7 IP   flag post
@sportshort LOL, I know right! Maybe it will be a trend, but probably not.
Post 8 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I dont crack open books personally, but if these things are sonically sealed, if they ever need to be opened, say for adding a signature, can you do this without destroying the comic? Do you need specialty tools?

But overall the cases do seem very nice. As dumb as it sounds the label on top is one of the highlights for me.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Nice, just nice. No, wait. Clean, really clean. I am happy that the clips are gone. Labels look good. Ecstatic that the new cases will fit into my storage case as i didnt have any real size tolerance for anything larger.

When he said ”they are sonically sealed, I don’t know what that means”, I instantly imagined that the Steves have enlisted a bunch of hedgehogs to encase the comics.

For any of you who have not seen the video he spoke of, testing the grading by the separate companies on the same comic, it is very informative and well worth the short amount of time to watch it.

Cheers to you CBCS! I can hardly wait to get one in my hands.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Scifinator I agree completely. Great review and a real independent plus for CBCS. Watch both videos. His review of the slab and the grading of the three companies.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
I think the new case, label and all, looks great. Job well done. Does the heat seal still go through the label?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Edge328 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
I think the new case, label and all, looks great. Job well done. Does the heat seal still go through the label?

Nope! Nice and clean.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge328
Quote:

Nope! Nice and clean.

Ok but wasn't that a security feature? Seems strange they would've gotten rid of it. Especially after all the bitching and moaning it took to get it there in the first place.
Post 14 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I've got 2 submission in at CBCS right now...both are with Pressing...one was received in January 2020 and the other March 2020....am I guaranteed the new cases on these?
Post 15 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
....saw the first review...new cases look amazing!!!! I really hope my 2 submissions get the new cases!!
Post 16 IP   flag post
@GAC agree. Those cases look great!
Post 17 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
The new cases are beautiful and I'm sure even more stunning once in hand, compared to the video.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
The first review is in...
https://youtu.be/Ar-cqZkC050

I only had to watch half the video to see how much an improvement these new slabs will be. Those will be really exciting. Thank you for sharing Steve!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:

But you bring up a very valid point about the heat seal through the label...if the new cases don't have that, is it a little less secure or is it equally secure just differently secured?
Post 20 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountie73
@sportshort LOL, I know right! Maybe it will be a trend, but probably not.

what i should have said was "poof! done."
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge328
Quote:

Nope! Nice and clean.

Ok but wasn't that a security feature? Seems strange they would've gotten rid of it. Especially after all the bitching and moaning it took to get it there in the first place.

This is a legit observation that I'm hoping someone can comment on.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I've got 2 submission in at CBCS right now...both are with Pressing...one was received in January 2020 and the other March 2020....am I guaranteed the new cases on these?

Guaranteed is a big word. I would venture virtually assured. But then again, i think earlier in the month or late last month CBCS said once the make the grand unveiling/announcement, that would be when all submissions receive the new case. So, i my guess is they are night quite there yet, but pretty darn close.
Post 23 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

But you bring up a very valid point about the heat seal through the label...if the new cases don't have that, is it a little less secure or is it equally secure just differently secured?

I am guessing that they no longer need the tabs or the heat seals through the label because these new slabs are sealed by Sonic the Hedgehog. The old slabs could easily be pried apart/separated, the new ones look to be much tighter all the way around. Again, all guesses on my part, but I would think you would have to bust the slab to get the book out, so the clips and heat sealed label just aren't needed to show if the slab was tampered with.

So now what do I do with the 200+ old slabs?
Post 24 IP   flag post
@AndyRexia in one of the interviews, i think it was mentioned that security feature was no longer necessary and i am guessing that this is due to the new sonic sealing by the hedgehog crew.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

I am guessing that they no longer need the tabs or the heat seals through the label because these new slabs are sealed by Sonic the Hedgehog. The old slabs could easily be pried apart/separated, the new ones look to be much tighter all the way around. Again, all guesses on my part, but I would think you would have to bust the slab to get the book out, so the clips and heat sealed label just aren't needed to show if the slab was tampered with.

So now what do I do with the 200+ old slabs?

Thanks Ed! Ok, that makes sense but wasn't there a "breathability" concern that was being addressed? Maybe I'm confusing things....(lol!!...Sonic the hedgehog!) 🍻
Post 26 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Any chance that the new slabs will include magazine size?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Guaranteed is a big word. I would venture virtually assured. But then again, i think earlier in the month or late last month CBCS said once the make the grand unveiling/announcement, that would be when all submissions receive the new case. So, i my guess is they are night quite there yet, but pretty darn close.

Cool! Thanks! Can't wait for that official announcement!! Can"t be too far away I hope.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
In the youtube interview that Borock did on the 15th, he said the new cases were about 2 weeks out from being used. So, around July 1st is when we should expect to hear that they are being used.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Edge328 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
In the youtube interview that Borock did on the 15th, he said the new cases were about 2 weeks out from being used. So, around July 1st is when we should expect to hear that they are being used.

Where can I find the interview?

Edit: Found it, "Home of the NY Warriors" June 15th episode, just past the 6 minute mark.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601488 170 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?