Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

Weekly Cover Contest #199 - MASKS12189

Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user

Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
@CatCovers Holy flurking snit! Is that your comic?!?!

Sadly no. I used to own one, though in worse shape than that.

Just a fan of the original Sandman, and his costume was the first thing that came to me when thinking of masks.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user

Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
@CatCovers Holy flurking snit! Is that your comic?!?!

Sadly no. I used to own one, though in worse shape than that.

Just a fan of the original Sandman, and his costume was the first thing that came to me when thinking of masks.

Me too! If I ever win the lottery that comic will be one of my first purchases.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user

Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 31 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I loved these comics and especially the covers. If you (or anyone) are a fan, I can hook you up with new-like copies of both issues, signed on the cover by Matt Wagner, with a COA, for only $10 bucks?

[My LCS back home did a special edition when this came out, and he recently found a bunch left over in the warehouse. As far as I can tell, the only thing different about the "special edition" is it is signed.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Nope, not at all. I am not making any statement with this title...

Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector peterc777 private msg quote post Address this user
[borrowed] ebay image

Post 33 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user

Post 34 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

I sold one of those in CGC 7.5
Post 35 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Okay folks, it's time to begin unmasking this weeks winner!

Voted
Post 36 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Voted
Post 37 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
I have spoken.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I feel a little lame for not at least participating this week by submitting my Avatar book:

and @martyman missed an opportunity to show his copy of another of my favorite covers:

Voting now.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I voted. Had to give full props to the V for Vendetta. It's not only a fine cover, art-wise, but it is also the issue where David Lloyd created the stylized Guy Fawkes mask, commonly seen at protests and such. How cool would it be to have created such a globally known symbol of anti-fascism and anti-authoritarianism?

Post 40 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
v-v-v-v-v-oted!
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
Wait for itttttt.......and VOTED!! 😂👍🏻
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector ShallaBal private msg quote post Address this user
Voted
Post 43 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Voted. This one was tough.
Post 44 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like I won, so I will post the new contest right now. Thanks for your votes!
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Looks like I won, so I will post the new contest right now. Thanks for your votes!

Congratulations, Ed. I really like that cover ... it was interesting to me how much it looks like the standard opening for James Bond films, even though it clearly came (years?) before it.
Post 46 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I was up and around numerous times beginning just after midnight and totally forgot about the contest.

Congratulations, Ed!
Post 47 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:

Congratulations, Ed. I really like that cover ... it was interesting to me how much it looks like the standard opening for James Bond films, even though it clearly came (years?) before it.

I thought the exact same thing. That's Lone Ranger issue #93 from 1956, and the first James Bond movie was released in 1962 (Dr. No).
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:

I thought the exact same thing. That's Lone Ranger issue #93 from 1956, and the first James Bond movie was released in 1962 (Dr. No).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD-YR-3KmyE
Post 49 IP   flag post
601333 49 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?