Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

New here; question about Marvel stamps.12177

Collector EvolutionOfEvil private msg quote post Address this user
I’m new to CBCS’ grading procedures. I see that the grader’s notes are free to see for everyone, which is awesome! But I am wondering if anyone here knows if CBCS will mention missing Marvel stamps from a comic?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
99 percent sure the answer is yes. A missing MVS is a big deal, particularly in Hulk 181.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, the missing stamp is mentioned on the CBCS label. You can see an example here:

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/75551143_marvel-comics-incredible-hulk-181-cbcs-30
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thank you both for such quick responses and an awesome example.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@EvolutionOfEvil Welcome to the forum!!! Missing stamps are indeed noted.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
What @GAC said about welcome to the forum!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
What @CatCovers said about what @GAC said about welcome to the forum.
Post 7 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@EvolutionOfEvil Welcome to the forum!
Post 8 IP   flag post
I really appreciate the welcome, all. I look forward to reading, learning and helping others out in the forum.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@EvolutionOfEvil - Welcome to the forums, great to see an influx of new people over the last few weeks. Don't be shy, show us some books!
Post 10 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@EvolutionOfEvil Welcome!
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@EvolutionOfEvil Welcome to CBCS!

I recommend taking a look through the Newbie’s Guide. It’s got a lot of info about CBCS’ options and services
Post 12 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@EvolutionOfEvil Welcome to the forum!!! Missing stamps are indeed noted.
you can alway request information to be put on the label or in graders notes. They automatically included Marvel Stamp on a FF book for me; I think it pretty much standard for them to show with or without stamp.

BTW; aren’t all slabbed comics basically stamps anyway? JK

Welcome!
Post 13 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@EvolutionOfEvil welcome aboard, enough of the chitchat, let's see your comics
Post 14 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionOfEvil
I’m new to CBCS’ grading procedures. I see that the grader’s notes are free to see for everyone, which is awesome! But I am wondering if anyone here knows if CBCS will mention missing Marvel stamps from a comic?

@EvolutionOfEvil Based on your question, I think there is another question you might want to know the answer to before you send any missing MVS books in. The effect on the grade is beyond significant. Not sure what is the best grade you can hope for with a missing MVS, but I know it's very low.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionOfEvil

@EvolutionOfEvil Based on your question, I think there is another question you might want to know the answer to before you send any missing MVS books in. The effect on the grade is beyond significant. Not sure what is the best grade you can hope for with a missing MVS, but I know it's very low.

Almost certain that a missing MVS will grade CBCS 0.5 incomplete.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
Almost certain that a missing MVS will grade CBCS 0.5 incomplete.

That's what I was thinking as well. Not sure if @EvolutionOfEvil was aware of this, given the question about whether or not the missing MVS would show up on the label.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
The Hulk 181 I linked above is a 3.0 with missing stamp “incomplete”. Not sure if that’s the standard, but it’s at least one example that’s not a .5.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@KCBatmanFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBatmanFan
The Hulk 181 I linked above is a 3.0 with missing stamp “incomplete”. Not sure if that’s the standard, but it’s at least one example that’s not a .5.

Maybe CBCS 0.5 incomplete is only given when the story is affected? 🤔
Post 19 IP   flag post
Thanks guys. I was more asking because I’ve been watching a few different comics on different auction places and some of them have been CBCS as of late. I’ve been a collector for a bit now and probably have around 30 CGC verified comics but they grade differently in some cases (restored comics for example). I’m just starting to look at CBCS and just wanted an idea of where they stood on the policy of no stamps before I bid on something that would be worth far less than if it had it.
Post 20 IP   flag post
597876 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?