Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

ASM #361 Tampered with?12162

Collector Chris977s private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys! Just made my first "big boy" purchase and picked up a signed Amazing Spider Man #361 by Mark Bagley in a 9.6. Upon receiving it I immediately noticed both of the sides were open. So like any logical human would do, I researched it and come to find out it's normal for these air pockets. But both sides are open a great deal. No other scratches or dents that I could find. What do you guys think? Is this normal?? If you need any more pictures feel free to ask. Thanks for any/all responses.

Edit: This is my first time owning a CBCS slab so I'm not familiar with how they're supposed to be.

Grader Notes

Post 1 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
@Chris977s Congratulations on the purchase and your first post Yes that is a normal thing so no worries
Post 2 IP   flag post
@MutantMania Phew! Thanks for the clear state of mind. Was worried a bit that it was tampered with and I spent a small fortune on something unauthentic lol. Thank you very much!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats great book
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats on the great book and great signature placement and appearance. A lot of signatures I see completely ruin the cover.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Chris977s. I second @MutantMania motion that this is normal so no worries. Otherwise, FedEx has been doing a lot of tampering to the comics that CBCS has shipped back to me. The big key is that heat seal mark that runs through the CBCS emblem on the top right corner.

Awesome book! Congrats!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Chris977s Yeah, it's the older CBCS cases. As long as the inner seal is still sealed you're good. The newer cases are due out any day now.

PS: very nice comic!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Sweet buy!

Is there always a gap or in the pic are you prying it open a bit to show us?

If its always open you could get it re-holdered to ease your mind. But ya it’s normal.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash Thanks! I was prying it a tad to show that it was easy to open. I will get it reholder once the new cases come out!
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Chris977s For a second I thought that was my book!

Post 10 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite Hahah, That's an awesome book!
Post 11 IP   flag post
597865 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?