Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

Has this been tampered with? And does it look like a 9.6?12140

Collector 1975 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1 IP   flag post
The scratch looks like its on the comic itself not the case. Bought it on ebay and the man claims he bought it off someone else. https://www.ebay.com/itm/114246685097 is the link. Any expertise would be great thanks.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
That corner on the front alone, I'd say not a 9.6. It's all pretty rough looking imo.
Post 3 IP   flag post
If your talking about the bottom right corner its just the picture the bottom corners look good there looks like a small bend on top left but cant capture it. The upper and lower parts of the case look good its just the sides.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'm talking about what looks like the top right corner missing from the book cover.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Disregard. In the pics it looks like a piece missing. But looked at clear picture online. It's part of the cover.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks Frontier
Post 7 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Case looks good - has not been tampered. Those scuffs are part of the manufacture process.

Have you checked the graders notes? that scrape on the back looks like either on the case or the inner sleve. The notes will clear that up - free with CBCS just need to search the serial ##
Post 8 IP   flag post
Awesome I will look up the notes thank you.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Looks good to me, I think everyone has that same reaction with their first CBCS case. Fortunately new cases without that eyesore on the side are coming soon.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I think the issue isn't if the book looks like a 9.6 to us..its if it looks like it for you....follow your own instincts. For me the book does look right though
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like a 9.6 or 9.8 given the pics I seen. The case is normal. This is the older cases. Newer ones are coming out soon.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Not to be an alarmist, but why is there no heat seal across the CBCS emblem?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Not to be an alarmist, but why is there no heat seal across the CBCS emblem?

Old slab before heat seals were done for all slabs
Post 14 IP   flag post
600890 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?