Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

CBCS Canada Update?12136

Collector SauceDog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imad
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
If by Import fees you mean Duty there should be no or extremely little Duty paid. Every submission for cbcs or cgc I've received I've never paid duty fees.
No I meant how much does FedEx charge for return?

This is what is shown on the last submission forms I have, but expect the prices to be slightly more as I think these are only the Canadian prices for having your books shipped back from the Oakville location - not from the states (can someone confirm?)
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Imad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceDog
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
If by Import fees you mean Duty there should be no or extremely little Duty paid. Every submission for cbcs or cgc I've received I've never paid duty fees.
No I meant how much does FedEx charge for return?

This is what is shown on the last submission forms I have, but expect the prices to be slightly more as I think these are only the Canadian prices for having your books shipped back from the Oakville location - not from the states (can someone confirm?)
Do you know the return cost from Dallas?
Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:
Do you know the return cost from Dallas?

No, as I said it depends on your location, total amount of items, and FMV of those items. CBCS doesn't say anywhere at this point what the rates are for Canadians doing this until you submit and they just bill you for it - I guess the only option is to contact them directly for a quote.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Steve replied to my email today. Order wasn't shipped out last week, but rather it was sent out today. He has no tracking numbers to share, apparently the guys doing the shipping didn't send those to him. Why we don't even get a courtesy email saying 'hey your order shipped today!' is beyond me (if I wasn't bugging Steve every day for a damn update I would not have even known the books are in the mail or where they might be)
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector TMAN1980 private msg quote post Address this user

Well, 369 days and my book is finally home.

Now, do I give this back up to get reholdered? I’m not rushing into sending this back to CBCS if I decide to go that route. After all, Steve Borock didn’t win any points by washing his hands of Canadians.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector nik private msg quote post Address this user
My Spawn 301 Virgin Variant/Manufacturing Error came in; 9.6. Thanks to Steve Paulus for getting it back to me
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector Imad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik
My Spawn 301 Virgin Variant/Manufacturing Error came in; 9.6. Thanks to Steve Paulus for getting it back to me
We can now ship to Oakville?Everything is okay?
Post 57 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
We can now ship to Oakville?Everything is okay?

I would say no until the border re-opens..so 6 months???

Graded books that were already returned to Oakville are now being sent back to their owners -and books being graded in Dallas will be directly shipped to their owners rather than to Oakville.

Anyone tried sending books to Oakville?? sounds like they will be received/signed for by the business CBCS shares the site with but I'm not certain they are making their way to the head office in Dallas!
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector nik private msg quote post Address this user
I will say this Steve Borock was helpful to me with info regarding my book. So I have no qualms with CBCS or anyone. Just have to be patient due to the situation that we are all in
Post 59 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics

6 months? You sure are the optimist....
Post 60 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@KatKomics

6 months? You sure are the optimist....

yeah....was reading an article and they said it could be at least that long...possibly mid to late 2021!!

I live and work close to the border, used to go over at lunch or after work sometimes to get groceries and of course comics at my mail service. Now however, friends/family and co workers are more than happy to leave the border closed - everyone sees the covid numbers and are just like...yeah...no need open anything up!!
Post 61 IP   flag post
598020 61 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?