Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Book Verification12133

Collector Yoosh5492 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I have someone interested in buying one of my CBCS books. It has an older label and he wants to verify that its legit before purchasing. He said he has called and emailed CBCS 4 times in the last 3 weeks and still hasnt received a response. Any ideas how I get get this verified? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Post 1 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Yoosh5492 When you say verified...are you asking if it's a genuine CBCS graded book?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector cawummel private msg quote post Address this user
Have you tried using: https://www.cbcscomics.com/population-report/
Post 3 IP   flag post
@GAC Yes.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
its the old number system and wont be found in the Pop report.

I can say this is an old CBCS label, i have a few myself, if that's what you mean.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Yoosh5492 They can type the serial number into this tool. If it is a valid serial number (and not one of the books whose data was lost) it should come up with the book’s information (title, issue number, grade, label color, condition notes), which should all match the book you have in hand

EDIT: hmmmm, book doesn’t seem to show up for me but let me try different combinations. Like I said, it might be a book whose data was lost
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Send him to this site. Took me a second to see three different labels on various Batman books. At least yours doesn't have the rivets:

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?q=batman&cbcs=y

I may have misunderstood the post, does he think that label is illegitimate or does he just want to verify the certification #?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thanks. Unfortunately its not coming up in any of the reports.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityG
its the old number system and wont be found in the Pop report

Old invoice numbers are included in the population report but they have “00-“ added to the start.

This specific book is not included for some reason. My bet is that it was in the bunch of older data that was lost when they transitioned to the current system a few years ago
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
If you can't sell it, maybe your best bet is to have it sent in with other comics you plan on having graded for a reholder once the new cases come in. That way you'll get a new label and certification #.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
@Yoosh5492
@dielinfinite

my bad, yup they are, just checked an old label book
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
I would think that CBCS would want to offer to reslab the book for free.

I mean if this kind of thing would make the book unsellable, it isn't the clients fault that CBCS lost the serial number information. I can't imagine that this happens much and offering to reslab the book would be that much of a burden on CBCS. (imho)
Post 12 IP   flag post
Thanks for all you help. Its a shame that I might miss out on a sale because of this.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
If you can't sell it, maybe your best bet is to have it sent in with other comics you plan on having graded for a reholder once the new cases come in. That way you'll get a new label and certification #.

Reholders do not typically get new certification numbers. It’s just the old number on the new label. In fact you have to input the number into the submission form to order a reholder. Since this serial number isn’t working he might have to write it in on the invoice.

Hopefully, if they receive this book it would prompt them to rebuild the information in the system, if not then maybe they would issue a new certification number so that the book can be accounted for in the system

Post 14 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I'd suggest using the "report a problem" button (or whatever it is called) on the population report. Tell them it is missing.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O Done. Thanks.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoosh5492
Thanks for all you help. Its a shame that I might miss out on a sale because of this.

Sooooooooo...what ya askin'??? might be a few people here could take that off your hands..I for one trust that it's a real CBCS book!!!
Post 17 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe the book should be worth more than usual. It has a "secret identity".

Another comparison: remember when you had to pay a premium to have your phone number UNLISTED from the phone book? This book is the upgraded unlisted version.

I always thought that an unlisted phone number had to be a form of extortion. It was extortion if you told a liquor store owner that you WON'T firebomb his store if he paid a "protection" fee of X amount per week. How is this different: If you don't pay us, we will publish your telephone number.
Post 18 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

Sooooooooo...what ya askin'??? might be a few people here could take that off your hands..I for one trust that it's a real CBCS book!!!

My thinking exactly! 😄
Post 19 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

No kidding.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Thanks guys!! I sold it for $555 shipped pending this label issue. Let me know if anyone here is interested. I would just want to make sure the initial buyer wants to cancel.
Post 21 IP   flag post
597994 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?