Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector rick13336 private msg quote post Address this user
The 80 page Giant book ( sorry ) no pic has no stories written completely by Joye. You can verify by going to Smithsonian Institution, Deibner Library, There you will find a complete list of all she wrote except the comic strips. Joye is not doing well right now at almost 100, She spends a lot of time in bed. I am just a go between, don't ask me how I know. "Ask me no questions and I tell you no lies". If you do then no more updates, you can try and find some of the hundreds of people that received her autograph (only on her writings) at Comicon 2018. Good luck with that! She was agreed to sign for one hour and was still signing over two hours later. Lucky people.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector crystalphoto private msg quote post Address this user
??
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah....I don't get it either.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite, @crystalphoto, @GAC - Not sure the point either, but take a look at the Suspension Thread.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
I was warned about reading too much Lovecraft. Others at their peril.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@esaravo Yeah, I reported his two other threads. Basically the same title but it was an all caps yelling, threatening people trying to undermine his information on the subject with spamming and something harassment or something along those lines
Post 7 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user

Post 8 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 9 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user

Post 10 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I tried getting an autograph / story but if this guy is right, she may be too ill to ever do it.

=(
Post 11 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@dielinfinite, @crystalphoto, @GAC - Not sure the point either, but take a look at the Suspension Thread.

Well then, hello and goodbye, man of mystery.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Dude get the hell out of here
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I have some idea some of that was meant for a private message to me...although the entire thing about spamming and what not has me lost.
I am unaware of any hostility or issue there that would draw a warning so I am as lost as anyone else here
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
I have some idea some of that was meant for a private message to me

Yeah, I kind of knew right away from the thread title that it was meant for you. I suspect @rick13336 is not intending to spam, just unfamiliar with the details of communicating through a forum.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town that makes much more sense, maybe they can lift the suspension.
Post 16 IP   flag post
seems right..I know I was the one in the middle of the Joye Hummel thing originally, although I admit some of his comments are curious even to me.
Anyways wish him luck with it all, and hope he fares better than my attempt did...I admit I was quite deflated at the entire thing. Spent a ton of time, effort and money and appeared on the one yard line only to be halted. It was one of the more disappointing failures I have been a part of
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@Darkseid_of_town that makes much more sense, maybe they can lift the suspension.

We have met the monster and the monster is us! Poor guy, probably was just trying to get a message to @Darkseid_of_town who he knew was on the forum but had no idea what his forum name would be or how to reach him directly.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Well then I retract my comment if it was meant as a private message
Post 19 IP   flag post
It’s not like it was his first post or even his first thread. Having seen the threads that were deleted, I think the suspension was warranted.
Post 20 IP   flag post
To be fair here, I can also relate that he was messaging me as well....each message sent was done as an entirely different thread...its almost like he couldn't discern between messages and the forum proper...not sure.I am more than a little lost about the whole spamming comment etc,
I also saw the multiple threads opened all in caps and was confused as well. I don't blame you for having the posts moderated dielinfinite...it did come off pretty odd
Post 21 IP   flag post
601338 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?