Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Catalog and price guide1212

Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
@DertyComix I have CLZ and it's great for modern books 2000+. The scanner has a hard time with older books. Anything from the older than 90s, I input by hand. The nice thing is that it connects to a database and it shows the cover for the book. The scanner is pretty flawless when it comes to newer moderns. You scan multiple books without having to push a button.

Here's what happens:
You activate the barcode scanner. You then scan your first book and the app saves it into a queue. The scanner stays active so you can have a stack of 50 books and scan it in about 10 minutes or less. Once you're done, you save it and it populates your library with the updates.

The other nice thing with CLZ is that it knows if the book is a variant and will match it to the correct variant cover. It will also alert you if you scan a book twice in case you screwed up.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector TheComicVault private msg quote post Address this user
Looking at ComicsMV.com the only thing I don't see are Annuals. Anyone else find them?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicVault
Looking at ComicsMV.com the only thing I don't see are Annuals. Anyone else find them?
I had no luck with annuals either. I even tried Avengers annual #10( 1st Rogue) and did not see any results. The sight does do a good job with books that are hot or selling frequently.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
CLZ work very well for cataloging but doesn't have a price guide. CPG does both but you have to keep in mind that they, like any other guide, aren't always going to be accurate. It is a guide and as such there are thousands of books to track and no one there has access to all sales everywhere.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector GradedKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
I'm always looking for a good price guide / organizer for my comics and I finally found a good one. I personally use GoCollect.com to catalog my graded comics and check on market trends. This site tracks sales of all graded comic that are sold on eBay, so it has solid sales numbers create an accurate guide. @BrianGreensnips @TheComicVault It also lists the annuals like Avengers Annual #10 . In fact, there is only one book in my collection that I haven't found listed on GoCollect so far, and I'm not sure why. I feel that it's much easier to read and more user friendly than comicsmv.com. It only costs $6 a month to use and has a wealth of information. You can test drive if for free if you want to check it out.

I've also tried out ZapKapow as well. It was ok as an organizer, but if you have a fairly large collection, it takes forever to input them all. I don't remember how accurate the price guide was or how up to date it is with the market trends.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
@GradedKeyComics i also use gocollect.com, i donlove that it is always updated with ebay sales. I did have some trouble finding some modern runs and variants that have bot been listed on the site. So at times it can be frustrating but it is rare that this happens.
Post 31 IP   flag post
600729 31 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?