Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

5 Random Questions......12119

Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
1. Commando - "I eat green berets for breakfast and right now I am very hungry!"
2. Dusty
3. Spawn 1 - still in awful condition and faded from leaving it in the sun when I was a kid.
4. In a long list of movies that should never be remade.
5. Even the slightist artistic ability.

Good call for #4... maybe I should stop pondering this.
Post 26 IP   flag post
@Bronte love Phantasm.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeast315
1) what was the first movie you remember ever seeing?
2) who was your favorite GI Joe character?
3) what comic book in your collection holds the most sentimental value and why?
4) If they made a remake (or sequel) to Jim Henson’s Labyrinth who would you have play David Bowie’s part (Antagonist), and who would you have play Jennifer Connelly’s part (Protagonist)?
5) what skill or talent do you not have that you wish you did have?

1) In theatre? Star Trek (original movie with V'ger) Second I remember was Airplane.
2) No Joes
3) X-men 137, 138 or 141, not sure which.
4) No opinion
5) Work ethic, I have a pretty keen eye for nuance, detail and quality, but no patience to put in the work myself. I've passed that lack of patience on to my son, but fortunately not my daughter.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
1) In theater, Silent Running. TV Movie, Willy Wonka
2) NA
3) Strange Tales 178
4) Never saw it, no interest. Jennifer Connelly might be the most beautiful actress ever, and I'm a huge Bowie music fan, but still no interest in seeing that movie.
5) Ability to put up with incompetence. It makes dealing with bureaucracy incredibly difficult.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
1) Star Wars is the first movie I remember seeing at the theatre. I am sure I saw some movies on TV before that. Maybe Old Yeller?

2) The first three Joes I got were Stalker, Snake Eyes and Zap. Stalker was probably the favorite. He was my field leader. Plus he had an M-32 “pulverizer” sub-machine gun.

3) Not sure. So many memories of so many comics. It would probably be an early ‘80s issue of X-men though.

4) I don’t know enough of today’s actors and actresses to offer an opinion. I agree that this movie should probably be left alone.

5) If I could draw sequential art at a professional level I think it would really have helped me making comics. I can barely manage stick figures! Also I would like to have a better intuitive understanding of people.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
1) Fantasia (rereleased theatrically by Disney)

2) My preference was a high draft number.

3) Weird Science-Fantasy #25 signed by Al Williamson.

4) If no one bettered Sean Connery as James Bond, why would anyone have confidence in recasting a sequel or remake of Labyrinth? (rhetorical answer)

5) Guitar GOD & vocalist (I'm neither)

Post 31 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
5 random answers

(1) The Brave Little Toaster
(2) The Robot Chicken version of Cobra Commander
(3) Absolute Carnage. Reminds me current comics are not that good.
(4) Joe Piscopo & Dolly Parton
(5) Raising ants from the dead
Post 32 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Hello all!
This is exactly how it sounds.
4) If they made a remake (or sequel) to Jim Henson’s Labyrinth who would you have play David Bowie’s part (Antagonist), and who would you have play Jennifer Connelly’s part (Protagonist)?

Buck Rogers In The 25th Century ... Drive In theater watching from the back of my parents Chevy station wagon

Not to familiar but Any Female Joe

Uncanny X-Men 94 - Only book I kept when I sold my original collection in high school

No preference on this one

Always wanted to learn how to play the piano
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
1) Fantasia
2) Mutt (with Junkyard, of course!)
3) Ka-Zar the Savage #1 - it was the first issue I bought with my OWN money as a kid
4) Not a fan, so I'm indifferent
5) Would love to draw like John Buscema or Dave Cockrum - I can't draw a stick figure

@brysb I never saw the movie Charlie, the Lonesome Cougar but it was the first book I read as a kid (that I read myself).
Post 34 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
1) E.T.
2)never watched/collected, Snake eyes was my friends fav
3)Eastman sketch or my brothers Ren n Stimpys
4)uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh, Kermit??????
5)animal tracking skills
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
I want to take by my original answer to number #5 and instead want to say that I wish I could play the piano like AJ Hickling.

If you guys have never heard him play or even heard of him before, he is a street performer, and writes his own music. I honestly haven't heard a better piano player yet. He's got tons of videos, but heres one below to get you guys started:

Post 36 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Hello all!
This is exactly how it sounds.

1.) Superman The Movie
2.) Cobra Commander
3.) Black Panther #5. The 1st comic I ever read. I remember exactly where I was when I read it. My 1st exposure to Jack Kirby.
4.) Benedict Cumberbatch and ???
5.) I wish I learned to play the piano.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
2) My preference was a high draft number.

OK Boomer, lol.
Post 38 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

1.) Superman The Movie
2.) Cobra Commander
3.) Black Panther #5. The 1st comic I ever read. I remember exactly where I was when I read it. My 1st exposure to Jack Kirby.
4.) Benedict Cumberbatch and ???
5.) I wish I learned to play the piano.

4.) and ??? In this day an age it would have to be the most popular non-binary teenager, whoever that is.

Maybe this being?

Post 39 IP   flag post
@flanders I thought we couldn't post images that incite violence or warrants alcohol/drug abuse?
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@flanders I thought we couldn't post images that incite violence or warrants alcohol/drug abuse?

@GanaSoth C'mon man, take a deep breath, put the bottle of Jack down, put the guns back in the safe. lol.
Post 41 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller Haha. It's just that pic he posted... so scary...
Post 42 IP   flag post
Yeah, in my opinion the look is intentionally obnoxious and provocative, but it has inspired me to make a choice for question #4. For both roles I choose the fabulous Johnny Weir

Post 43 IP   flag post
🤦🏻‍♂️ Think of what my next random five will breed. The possibility are endless!
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
4.) and ??? In this day an age it would have to be the most popular non-binary teenager, whoever that is.

Maybe this being?

@flanders As a big Sci-Fi fan I find it fascinating that even decades ago some writers of Dystopian Future Sci-Fi predicted that non-gender words like "citizen" or "comrade" would be the acceptable way of referring to those around us. Some even imagined required gender nuetral appearance with shaved heads and single-color jumpsuits.
Post 45 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller I already have the jumpsuit....ready when you are.
Post 46 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

In theaters? Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. On TV? TRON. Anything prior to 1983 tends to be a blur to me when it comes to how I saw what movie.

Quote:

Jinx. I never got into the comics way back then. But when it comes to the animated series she is a solid favorite for me.

Quote:

Street Fighter Legends: Ibuki #1 (cover C) (2010). This was one of two comics I wanted for a long time. And it is the main reason why I am trying to complete the set as we speak.

Quote:

John Legend as the antagonist, a new talent to play the protagonist. It is HARD for me to think of anybody else that could fill his shoes. Plus a new talent playing opposite of him would work, especially if they choose one that compliments the story.

Quote:

I would have said "Being able to play fighting games like a pro." but even that might be a challenge since the one I have is on the Nintendo Switch Lite. So...

I am going to say "The ability to get what I need done with the occasional help from others." This covers all of my weak points (communication, focus, etc.) while complimenting my strong points (analyzing, creativity, etc.).
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
1) Planet of the Apes or maybe Dracula.
2) Talking GI Joe w/Kung fu grip.
3) Right now it’s my Artgerm WW750 9.8 set. Why? Beautiful, new and shiny.
4) No opinion
5) Play piano better. I learned a few songs, but never stuck with it.
Post 48 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I love the Planet of the Apes films...all of them...1968 to the present. That very last scene from the '68 movie when the Statue of Libery comes into frame was freaking awesome to me as a kid!!!
Post 49 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
1) The earliest one I can identify is Great Balls of Fire from 1989. Saw it at the drive in; I was 5. There was another where someone got their ear cut getting knighted, don’t know what it’s called or if it’s older.
2) no favorite GI Joe character.
3)I’m not sentimental. I suppose my Sensational Spider-Man 0 I bought off the newsstand at the grocery store is a favorite.
4)I am indifferent, that movie is wicked crazy weird. I’d want to see a remake.
5)Salesmanship. I’m too blunt, honest, and inconsiderate of feelings to sell anything in person.
Post 50 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user

Saw this at 10 in a different country and I can't say I didn't have to change my undies.

1st comic I ever bought at a gas station after coming back on a fishing trip in Minnesota

'Nuff said

4 Definitely not John Cena or Sarah Jessica Parker because I just can't see John Cena and I want a human instead of.......................Hi there Mr. Ed.

5 Have the ability to cure any novel viruses for a profit. Payments will be in Comic Books.

Post 51 IP   flag post
600776 51 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?