Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Signature ASPComics Bronze AgeSignaturesSigning Opportunities

PUBLIC SIGNING WITH ROY THOMAS IN TEXAS, JUNE 13, 202012036

Collector GenuineCOA private msg quote post Address this user
ROY THOMAS wants to restart the con industry on June 13th, and Duncanville Bookstore in Texas is GROUND ZERO!

See details in the images below. There are a limited number of time slots available for this signing, so if you can attend, reserve your order for tickets at the link below, be for they sell out!
https://ticketing.con-jobs.com/e/roythomas-autograph

Signature witnessing for CBCS Comics grading will be available through Genuine COA. For on-site and send-in CBCS signature submissions, place your order at the following link.
http://tiny.cc/GCOA-CBCS

Thanks to The Roy Thomas Appreciation Board you can see a history of his work at the Roy Thomas Database linked below.
https://hero-envy.blogspot.com/…/the-roy-thomas-marvel-comi…

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector GrailComics private msg quote post Address this user
Shucks now how do I get to Texas in 2 weeks?! LOL
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I'm considering sending a book for Mr. Thomas to sign. This is what My Cart looks like, is this right? His sig is $15 is it not? Its adding a $45 charge for his sig.

Grading: $39
Sig: $45
Shipping:$33
Total: $117

Is this right?

Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
just saw that books must be recieved by June 8th....being in Canada and in a COVID19 world, I can't risk sending the book....too bad. My Avengers 57 would look good with a Roy Thomas sig.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrailComics
Shucks now how do I get to Texas in 2 weeks?! LOL

Even if you can't make it, we have been taking mail-in submissions for a few weeks. If you think you can get your books to us by June 8, you can place your order at the link in the original post and we can get them signed and submitted to CBCS.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
@GenuineCOA I’m trying to select Roy Thomas but it will not allow me to select anyone for part 2
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bige31
@GenuineCOA I’m trying to select Roy Thomas but it will not allow me to select anyone for part 2

@bige31 Seems to be working on this side in a Chrome browser. Try reloading the page or in another browser. If still having problems, please feel free to call at 817-473-9229 and we can help accomplish.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@GenuineCOA I'm considering sending a book for Mr. Thomas to sign. This is what My Cart looks like, is this right? His sig is $15 is it not? Its adding a $45 charge for his sig.

Is this right?

Most likely the cost is correct. Roy Thomas is charging $15 for his signature. Genuine COA is charging you something for gong to the event and getting the book signed for you. $30 is within the normal range for a signature facilitator to charge. This is also a small one day thing. So the money the facilitator makes from just one celebrity/creator signing has to make it worth their time and travel.

Most signature facilitators charge the most for the first book, then subsequent books signed by the same celebrity/creator for the same client is less per book as far as the facilitator fees go.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@GenuineCOA I'm considering sending a book for Mr. Thomas to sign. This is what My Cart looks like, is this right? His sig is $15 is it not? Its adding a $45 charge for his sig.

Is this right?

Most likely the cost is correct. Roy Thomas is charging $15 for his signature. Genuine COA is charging you something for gong to the event and getting the book signed for you. $30 is within the normal range for a signature facilitator to charge. This is also a small one day thing. So the money the facilitator makes from just one celebrity/creator signing has to make it worth their time and travel.

Most signature facilitators charge the most for the first book, then subsequent books signed by the same celebrity/creator for the same client is less per book as far as the facilitator fees go.

Yes!!, OK, that makes perfect sense then. That never even occurred to me. Thank you for explaining that to me!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Is this right?

@IronMan The $15 autograph fee is a special price that the Bookstore is charging to attendees that can be there in person. Since they are hosting Roy, they set that price for those that reserve a spot in line. We will be there to facilitate for the public signing, but our stack of books will go though the private signing outside the public signing. Roy typically charges $30 at a convention.
We encourage everyone that can go and get that special price,to do so, but for those that can't, we offer the mail-in option for our private signing.
Post 10 IP   flag post

Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
I’m seriously considering this...

Only an hour away, but June is always a busy month.
Post 12 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
June 13th or 16th? I hope it’s 16th.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@JustThatGuy June 13
Post 14 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@GenuineCOA the 16th was in the thread title, so I went ahead and corrected it to the 13th.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie

6hr drive for me. Why is Texas so damn big!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie

6hr drive for me. Why is Texas so damn big!

Holy cow!

Where are you? Amarillo?

It is a big damn state, that's for sure.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@Jabberwookie gulf coast. Portland
Post 18 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O Thanks for that Jesse. Sorry for the confusion.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
@Jabberwookie gulf coast. Portland

I'm in Austin. Pick me up on your up to Dallas!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Still time to get your tickets for tomorrow's signing with ROY THOMAS in Dunacanville TX! Don't miss the chance to get the autograph of this legend at this incredible price.

There are a limited number of time slots available for this signing, so if you can attend, reserve your order for tickets at the link below, be for they sell out!
https://ticketing.con-jobs.com/e/roythomas-autograph

Signature witnessing for CBCS Comics grading will be available through Genuine COA. For on-site CBCS signature submissions, place your order at the following link.
http://tiny.cc/GCOA-CBCS
Post 21 IP   flag post
600508 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?