Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Out of their mind eBay sellers that don't listen.12035

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
I politely emailed this seller about his comic. I told him he's asking way too much for starters & second, his copy has Color Touch all around the edges and on the covers. I explained to him that no one is going to buy it at the price he's asking; especially if he doesn't disclose the Color Touch in in his listing.

The link below is the newly added relisted auction of the same comic. Nothing has changed even after I sent him the e-mail explaining the ramifications of not being honest about a Color Touched comic.

Maybe you guys can shoot him an email too?

Click or Touch here to go to auction.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
That’s what? A $5 book? 🙄
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like he just did it, too. There's a black ink spot on his thumb and there are black marks on the table, lol

Oh yeah, no returns. Better run far, far away from this one

He's looking to screw someone over, so I doubt sending him an email will do any good
Post 3 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Uhhh...that thing is a hunk of crap. Good luck to him selling that.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Here's another seller that's outta their mind.

Auction says "Pristine Condition" and trying to get 8x it's value...

Click or Touch here for the auction.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Pristine 2.5
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 Haha I know.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth

I submitted an offer for $1.00. Immediately declined😢
Post 8 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash Haha
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Ginosdad private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth I understand letting someone know about the color touch, but as for what he is asking, does it really matter?? I think it should only matter if you want the book. If it sells for what he’s asking, so be it. If not, it doesn’t sell..simple as that. I hope I didn’t open a can of worms here. Not meant as disrespect. I just think if it doesn’t affect you, why bother? Ok...let the ripping begin...lol!
Post 10 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I politely emailed this seller about his comic. I told him he's asking way too much for starters & second, his copy has Color Touch all around the edges and on the covers. I explained to him that no one is going to buy it at the price he's asking; especially if he doesn't disclose the Color Touch in in his listing.

The link below is the newly added relisted auction of the same comic. Nothing has changed even after I sent him the e-mail explaining the ramifications of not being honest about a Color Touched comic.

Maybe you guys can shoot him an email too?

Click or Touch here to go to auction.

Give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe it’s just mold along all the edges!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
maybe it's one of those rare EC "picture-frames"
Post 12 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Well it is in better condition than that first book! You have to look for positives.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Ginosdad Haha. I'm not gonna rip. I'm in the market to buy them though, but being that it's color touched, I told him he's asking way too much being that collectors aren't gonna spend that much on a now ruined comic.

I'm just being upfront & honest. Maybe he doesn't know much about comics? I don't know really; I was just trying to be helpful & also not waste my time when I'm shopping since this is now the second time I browsed the same exact auction and he still didn't take my advice.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginosdad
@GanaSoth I understand letting someone know about the color touch, but as for what he is asking, does it really matter?? I think it should only matter if you want the book. If it sells for what he’s asking, so be it. If not, it doesn’t sell..simple as that. I hope I didn’t open a can of worms here. Not meant as disrespect. I just think if it doesn’t affect you, why bother? Ok...let the ripping begin...lol!

There are those that will always stand up to dirtbags ((especially someone that still has black ink on his thumbnail from a recent extremely amateur color touch) that profit from shady business practices. I would suggest reporting the post. I think if you're experienced enough to notice these things you owe it to fellow collectors to do what's in your power to prevent them from overpaying for an item & contributing to the business of someone that has unethical practices. Would you look the other way at a crooked business in your neighborhood or would you let everyone you could know about it?
Post 15 IP   flag post
@flanders where’s the mic drop?! 👊🏻🖐🏻🎤
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Ginosdad private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth thanks!! @flanders I agree 100% with you. If they are trying to deceive the buyer in any way, by all means call them out! But I’ve put stuff up at times with a price that I knew was high. I never made anyone buy my item. It is always a choice. Hopping off this stupid soapbox I realized I was on. Sorry guys, again, no disrespect. Just discussion. This is what I appreciate about being here
Post 17 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Ginosdad nothing to be sorry for just a friendly discussion. I myself have several listings of comics (none restored/trimmed) that are far above market value. Some are preferably for my personal collection but if someone is willing to pay an outrageous price I'm willing to part with them.
Post 18 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
not denying the book is colour touched but do you think that's marker on his thumbnail? Odd place to get ink...looks more like its blood under his thumbnail from an injury.

The only issue with that listing from what I can see is the undisclosed colour touch. People can price their property at any amount they want. I'm with @Ginosdad on this.

It's totally cool to try and educate someone on pricing but if you don't know the person and you're doing this over the internet, it won't be perceived as friendly advice.
Post 19 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth ...but you are 100% correct....he's asking waaaaay too much! 🍻
Post 20 IP   flag post
Here's the original e-mail I sent the guy.
Notice the date of when the auction ended.
This auction has been relisted & nothing has changed & he still didn't mention the color touch in his listing.

Post 21 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
It's always the same. The person flying past you on the Interstate is a maniac and the person going too slow is a dumb ass.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user

Post 23 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
I love the description on the Vault 24: Pristine condition.

It says "There are no issues with this comic."

Followed by: "The spine is intact except for a pinhead size hole. There is a 3 millimeter tear on the bottom of page 5." Yeah, that all makes sense. Not to mention the spine roll, creases, tanning, etc.

In the photo, the top of the front cover sure looks "pink-ish" to me, like a faded red. But that cover is not red to my knowledge. The "other" #24 he refers to being sold by beardednerd1 looks green-black to me. Maybe I haven't seen enough of these to realize that it is legit fading, that's how it happens. And oh yeah, what about the fading in general, pristine fading.

And what happened to the April-May that is supposed to be under "No.24"? Some kind of blue-white-red marker??
Post 24 IP   flag post
@chester15 speaking of fading... Look at the difference in these two:

Post 25 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Wow. It went from a deep purple to a light green/grey. Or was it the other way around?? Maybe the top one was "colorized" to become the bottom one, like in the cinema.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Top one is the sun faded one.
Purple is the original color.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I was just kidding you, @GanaSoth. I knew it was purple first. But the faded copy has such a consistent tone to it, that it almost SEEMS like it could have been produced that way. Just an aside, but I think the 2 Keepers and the witch are the same guy/gal, different head covering.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
Looking closely at it there are a lot of differences between other online images of that issue and the picture in the listing. Do you suppose that is a reprint of some kind, or is the Canadian edition that different?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe it’s just mold along all the edges!

Can't be mold - it's pristine!!
Post 30 IP   flag post
601445 65 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?