Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

What to do with slabs?12009

Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Do people crack open slabs to read books? Let’s say you bought a Graded book with an important and very good story (like ASM 300 And not crazy expensive) but there were not any reprints.

Getting re slabbed or not; Would you crack it to read it?
Post 1 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Digital copy
Post 2 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
trade paper back
Post 3 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Do people crack open slabs to read books? Let’s say you bought a Graded book with an important and very good story (like ASM 300 And not crazy expensive) but there were not any reprints.

Only if i was going to have pressed anyway for a higher grade.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
digital copy
Post 5 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
I use my slabs as TV trays when guests come over.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
I use my slabs as TV trays when guests come over.

Peking Duck served on Donald Duck #1?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector tonnage71 private msg quote post Address this user
Why pay premium for a slabbed book if you intend to crack and read? So many other options to read the stories these days...
Post 8 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

When the lock downs are over go to Barnes and Noble where they let you read their graphic novels for free.
Post 9 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Read?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonnage71
Why pay premium for a slabbed book if you intend to crack and read? So many other options to read the stories these days...
Im just curious if anyone does. I suppose it’s a question asked 20 years too late.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:

When the lock downs are over go to Barnes and Noble where they let you read their graphic novels for free.

I am guilty of that. The kids were looking for some books and I read the entire Infinty Gaunlet while waiting for them.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I would not.

I’d wait for Trade & Reprints.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Read?

@DrWatson Some believe that inside the comic books are pages with drawings and writing. I'm skeptical.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Read?

@DrWatson Some believe that inside the comic books are pages with drawings and writing. I'm skeptical.

I have heard the graders leave secret messages inside
Post 15 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I never crack a graded book unless it's for a resub. There's really no point. If you want ungraded, buy ungraded. The only caveat to that is if you want a restoration check.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
I crack slabs if low grade and i paid overstreet or lower AND there are no reprints.
Post 17 IP   flag post
600641 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?