Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern AgeQuestions

Regarding Grading price increases12003

Collector JosephSMASH private msg quote post Address this user
Okay this is my last post for today, but this is actually a question that I’ve never had to worry about because all the comics I’ve ever sent in have been either not worth much or were to beat up to be worth anything.

I just bought (minutes ago) a copy of Tales of the Teen Titans #44. It’s my second copy, but this one is in much better condition. If a key issue like that (1st Nightwing) were to get a high grade, would the base price of the book ($18) go high if it got like at 9.4 or higher? Because my other copy would probably get like a 4.0 or something. But I guess my question boils down to what SPECIFICALLY causes CBCS to charge more than the base price that it shows on the invoice (like they do with rarer books, like the Tales of the Teen Titans #44 that I mentioned earlier. Because I usually don’t like to spend more than $120 per set of books that I send in (which are usually three or four modern books). I just don’t want the price I’d be paying to skyrocket if it gets a high grade and I don’t want send it in to find out that I can’t afford it, but this is coming from someone who still has no idea what they are doing when they send in books) alright I’m done droning on. Thanks in advance everyone! I promise this is my last post for a while😂😂
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
for this particular book, I wouldn't worry about it
Post 2 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
The price wouldn't go up for that book. It's more when someone tries to pass off something like a VF copy of Giant Size X-Men #1 at a Consumer tier when it's clearly going to need a different, more expensive tier.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@JosephSMASH - Regarding New Teen Titans #44 - you would get placed in a higher priced tier if you a) list the value of your copy as greater than $250 or b) you select a higher tier because you want a faster turnaround time (for example - a 2-day modern). Since that book is valued at $200-250 in 9.8, you should not value it above $250 unless you think it will receive a 9.9 or 10 for a grade. If you think it will grade 9.4, the value is in the $80-100 range.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector JosephSMASH private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks everyone! I’ve been posting on the forum a lot today. All of you—especially if we talked on my previous posts today—have been a great help! I look forward to making more posts and conversing with you all in the future!!!👍
Post 5 IP   flag post
601308 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?