Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

First appearance opinions12001

Collector JosephSMASH private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, I have a comic called Web of Scarlet Spider #3 and on the last page it has the first cameo appearance of Cyber Scarlet Spider. But I also have New Warriors #67, which is Cyber Scarlet Spider’s first FULL appearance. Would any of you peoples out there give me you opinion on which book you’d rather have. Not necessarily these specific books, but any books where you’d have to choose between 1st full appearance or 1st cameo appearance. Which one out of the two is technically more noteworthy?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@JosephSMASH almost always the first full appearances are worth more to the collectors in general. Only a few exclusions/exceptions.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I feel the 1st appearance, even if it's a 1 panel cameo, is the more important book to the history of a character. That doesn't mean it should be worth more, necessarily, but for these types of situations I try not to think with my bank account.

Till the day I die I will believe Hulk 180, X-Men Annual 14, and Amazing Spider-Man 299 are the 1st Appearances of Wolverine, Gambit, and Venom, and I will never have a problem with Hulk 181, X-Men 267, or ASM 300 being more valuable.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
And whenever possible, buy both
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
keep both as both are important
Post 5 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
180!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
180!

More fun comics #31
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
X-Men 267

I think it's Uncanny X-Men #266
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
X-Men 267

I think it's Uncanny X-Men #266

Correct. I knew it was 26something, and didn't have access to my scans.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
If you think about actually reading vs just owning comic books, the market from that perspective seems more rational and consistent. The book with the higher value is typically the one that more people feel compelled to read because of that new character. The one that is likely to get reprinted over and over again because of demand to read it, that's the one that has higher value. While Wolverine appears in the final page of Hulk 180, it's Hulk 181 that has been reprinted several times because it's more interesting to comic readers. I'm sure there is some exception to this that someone can point out.
Post 10 IP   flag post
597971 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?