Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern Age

CBCS First Blind Mail Call!!11999

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I received these today after submitting to a 3rd party presser. I'm amazed at most of the grades and wish I had photos of the comics before they were pressed to share.

I got this Wolverine 4 recently at MCS listed as an 8.0 Canadian Edition:

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Madman private msg quote post Address this user
Very nice slabs, congrats.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome congrats
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
care to share the name of the presser?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Oh wow, that Star Wars 42 is a home run. I think I remember when you bought those early in the Mandalorian season. I just cashed out my 9.6 last week to pay for other purchases.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim

Wasn't sure what the forum rules are about that, but it's Josh Avery/Averycomicpressing.com
Post 6 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome books congrats brother.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Oh wow, that Star Wars 42 is a home run. I think I remember when you bought those early in the Mandalorian season. I just cashed out my 9.6 last week to pay for other purchases.

Great memory, my $135 plus the additional cost for grading and pressing was definitely well spent.

Post 8 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders really cool books! Congrats!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I had the same experience with the Dazzler 23 I just got back. MCS listed it at a VF 8.0. I didn't even press it and it came back a 9.8. One of the few places I'll blindly buy a raw book from.
Post 10 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders Fantastic!!!! Awesome books!
Post 11 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I love it. Thanks for sharing @flanders.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:

Wasn't sure what the forum rules are about that, but it's Josh Avery/Averycomicpressing.com

Avery Comic Pressing is the bomb! His service is top notch!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
I had the same experience with the Dazzler 23 I just got back. MCS listed it at a VF 8.0. I didn't even press it and it came back a 9.8. One of the few places I'll blindly buy a raw book from.

Guess I'll start purchasing from MCS then!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

Guess I'll start purchasing from MCS then!

I know right!!! Never bought from them before but I might have to start looking at them!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders Very Nice.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders I can't believe that whole raw purchase turned out at 9.8. We're going to need you to give us the name of both the presser and the seller!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
@flanders I can't believe that whole raw purchase turned out at 9.8. We're going to need you to give us the name of both the presser and the seller!

He stated the pressing service is Avery Comic Pressing LLC, Josh is also my go to presser! He does great work and you can use his CGC and CBCS dealer accounts to submit your books saving you a lot of money!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Great books! Love the Star Wars 42. Josh is my go to presser also.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a bit of n00b when it comes to pressing books and I'm afraid of long turn around times, but I may submit a test book!
Post 20 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
I didn’t have very good luck with avery pressing.

I use dee pressing DeAngelo Long

One of the best.
Post 21 IP   flag post
600880 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?