Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

Deadpool #5 misprint11997

Collector JosephSMASH private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, I just had a question about a comic I have. It’s Deadpool #5 from the Marvel Now run. It’s part of the Dead Presidents arc FYI. But the problem with it is that the comic is made up of about half the pages a normal comic should be, which means there are entire segments of the issue missing. They weren’t removed or ripped out, they are just nonexistent. Also some of the pages are just printed upside down and it’s very strange. Does anybody have some sort of explanation for something like this? Also, does a misprint like this possibly have more value? I see people selling misprint comics online all the time, but I don’t know if they are worth more or less than a normal copy of the comics. Thanks in advance for your help!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector crystalphoto private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, Joseph, misprints can be worth more. Photos of your "error" would be nice, so we can see what we are discussing...
Post 2 IP   flag post
The first image shows how the comic is super thin (about 11 pages total) and the rest of the images show that there is entire segments of the comic that are right side up and then randomly some of them are printed upside down. It’s super strange and at first I was upset when i got it because I wasn’t able to read it, but now I’m super excited to get it graded!

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector crystalphoto private msg quote post Address this user
Joseph, your photos look interesting. Please understand that when I say "worth more", you will not be able to retire off of that book. More informed members will come along, and voice more informed decisions... I have seen some rare books go for over 1K, but that depends on how many were printed, how many misprints are reported, and how much demand for the book there is...YMMV.
And welcome aboard.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Oh okay. I just don’t really know what to think of this issue, because I couldn’t find anybody else online who has this same error on this book or any other book from this run of Deadpool. But I think I’m going to get it graded ASAP just incase it’s worth something in the future! Thanks for your advice and comments!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I'm wondering how high a book with missing pages can grade.

I suppose a label showing it isn't a manufactured error (made by a person) would be a plus, but otherwise I'm not sure what the advantage would be to send it in- Especially if they slam it for being incomplete.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Don't know who would possibly want an incomplete modern book, much less pay a premium for it? Certainly not I.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Don't know who would possibly want an incomplete modern book, much less pay a premium for it? Certainly not I.

Agree. I like error books IF I discover them in the wild myself, but I'd at least want the story there, upside down, backwards, or mixed.

And Copper Age or earlier. No interest in 'new' but that's me.
Post 8 IP   flag post
601274 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?