Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
I just got the one pic and it is just the cover. Let's say the back is fine. What would you grade this based on the cover pic?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
6.5 - 7.0
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
8.0/8.5
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Post 4 IP   flag post
This is listed on a site as a 9.0. Definitely not seeing that especially without a picture of the back.
Post 5 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
theres no major defects with this cover....I'd say it's an 8.0. Its a pretty good copy (assuming the back is similar).
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with Moodswing. Based upon the number of allowable defects and the diminished cover gloss I would say your looking at a 8.5 - 9.0.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Doc_Cop

Not my grade, it was what was listed for the book.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Arinya private msg quote post Address this user
The looks really nice! I'd say 7.0 on the high end but probably closer to a 6.0? Those staples look like they are in an odd spot. This book usually stapled like that?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
I wish I could score Silver-Age books in this high of grade for 6.0 prices. I am strictly going by the Overstreet Guide for grading comics. I would say the seller is spot on.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I would put it around an 8.0, so in the 7.5 to 8.5 range. The staple placement is not ideal, but that doesn't count against the grade, but there's some small stress/tearing at bottom staple, impact damage to the bottom spine, and wear at both top and bottom of spine. A few ticks, but the corners look good. Do not forget that the back cover (and interior) all count towards the grade. DO NOT buy a comic just based on a cover picture from someone you haven't made several purchases from - ask for a picture of the back cover and centerfold - then you can see if there are any detached staples, page quality, etc.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@esaravo

No back picture available and can't contact the seller. Stupid comicconnect. I was going to make an offer but probably best to avoid.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
8.0, could go 9 depending on the graders previous evening.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene private msg quote post Address this user
Are there any grading dead giveaways? Like, "dog ear on front cover - will never be better than 8.0"?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
@esaravo

No back picture available and can't contact the seller. Stupid comicconnect. I was going to make an offer but probably best to avoid.

This, if they're claiming 9.0 and there's no way to see the back.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinya
The looks really nice! I'd say 7.0 on the high end but probably closer to a 6.0? Those staples look like they are in an odd spot. This book usually stapled like that?

It’s a print error. Not specifically this book, but I’ve seen plenty of books with similar placement. Either far forward or backward on the cover rather than on the spine.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
Post 17 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
don't know the staples, back cover, or detail of the spine. cannot give an accurate grade estimate
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
With what I see 7.5 but a cleaning would help this book, its pretty gooked up especially in the yellow lettering, imo
Post 19 IP   flag post
@timberghost

6.5? How did you come up with that?
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
7-7.5
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
It looks like a VF+(8.5) copy.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I've been hoarding this book but my copies are all 6.0-6.5 range. I see 7.5. max 8.0
Post 23 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Post 24 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
7.0/7.5
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector KMiracleman private msg quote post Address this user
6.0 - 7.0 there's quite a ding on the LRC and color break tics on the URC. I can see three small tears on the left edge too. It doesn't seem to look wrinkled so pressing would not help, but not seeing the back is enough to make me say "NO THANKS".
Post 26 IP   flag post
601378 26 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?