Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool: Part 311972

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley

For what it's worth, a car is a major pain in the ass unless you can spend a lot of time and money in it.

You figure it wont rise in value like comics. You keep sinking money to make it look better or go faster. Insurance for something you barely drive. Constant worry because it has so much power you'll wrap it around a tree if you arent careful. Takes a shitload of space.

Granted a lot of the same arguments can be made about comics, but if it weren't for the sentimental aspects of the car, I'd prolly ditch it and get a nice comic.
Post 176 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Studley_Dudley

For what it's worth, a car is a major pain in the ass unless you can spend a lot of time and money in it.

You figure it wont rise in value like comics. You keep sinking money to make it look better or go faster. Insurance for something you barely drive. Constant worry because it has so much power you'll wrap it around a tree if you arent careful. Takes a shitload of space.

Granted a lot of the same arguments can be made about comics, but if it weren't for the sentimental aspects of the car, I'd prolly ditch it and get a nice comic.

If your having having fun and you walk away; it’s money well spent LOL.
Post 177 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash

I'll definitely walk away even if it wraps around a tree. It has a 6 point roll bar installed.

I kind of took the car to extremes. So it's not practical to use as a daily driver. But I will say that if you need an adrenaline rush, this car will definitely provide it...
Post 178 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
So yesterday I was walking with a friend in their neighborhood and saw a little green lizard scurry out from a shrub and into a crosswalk sign. I immediately recognized this was HIGHLY unusual as we do not have green lizards in VA. We basically only have Fence Lizards and Skinks. I was able to snap a couple of good photos and post it on iNaturalist. Today I got confirmation from the app and a fellow naturist which works with me for the county That this was indeed not a native species, but in fact a recently introduced species from Europe. Crazier still it has colonized locally and is recognized by the Va Herp Society as an introduced species. So for you VA residents I now introduce you to youR new backyard Lizard neighbor. The Italian Wall Lizard!

Post 179 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
@Noblebeast315 Nice! Love that app! I use it all the time when walking or biking along the C&O canal.
Post 180 IP   flag post

Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrie2tm
@Noblebeast315 Nice! Love that app! I use it all the time when walking or biking along the C&O canal.

The C & O is a wonderful Bike ride. The trails over there are super fun as well.
Post 181 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
I found this through Google one day. So no... This was not photoshopped.

Post 182 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@HulkSmash

I'll definitely walk away even if it wraps around a tree. It has a 6 point roll bar installed.

I kind of took the car to extremes. So it's not practical to use as a daily driver. But I will say that if you need an adrenaline rush, this car will definitely provide it...

If that car needs TOTAL restoration, what time span are we looking at.. 3-4 years? It would be very cool to post pics/videos of it's progression.

Sell some of that drek and get the party started! LOL
Post 183 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder

The car only needs minor stuff done. The paint still looks good. Very few dents if any. Interior is completely intact.

If I drove it more often it would be fine.

Did all the suspension, engine, transmission. Watts link, coil overs, 4 wheel disk brakes. Stainless steel braid plumbing for fuel. Holley efi. etc..etc....

The only things I want to do is get rid of the C4 Race tranny to a fully automatic. (Cant drive highway speeds with C4).

Possible supercharger in future. And AC wiring needs to be hooked up.(I live in FL, you gotta have AC) Aside from that the car is fully functional.

Post 184 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte I like the Notch back
Post 185 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash

As do I. In theory it was the fastest body style of the fox body Mustangs due to weight.

Thankfully it is also the most sought body style "IF" I ever decide to sell....
Post 186 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
My first car was a 1971 Ford Mustang, and I owned a 1965 for a while too. I don't know if I have any old pictures of either of those cars. Here's a picture I found online that resembles that 1971 'Stang. My last two "cars" have been F-150's.

Post 187 IP   flag post
My brother has a F150. They are nice trucks.

Have you seen the F150 2021 trucks ads? Fold down shifter, generator built in some models, truly flat reclining seats... awesome stuff being shoved into trucks.
Post 188 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
My first car was a 1971 Ford Mustang, and I owned a 1965 for a while too. I don't know if I have any old pictures of either of those cars. Here's a picture I found online that resembles that 1971 'Stang. My last two "cars" have been F-150's.

F-150’s here, last year my wife got a flex with the eco boost . That wagon has some pop.
Post 189 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Backyard deer.
Post 190 IP   flag post
Megadeth beer!

Post 191 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Got these as a bonus when I bought a few comics this weekend.

Post 192 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Super pumped right now. Just won this in an auction. It was worn by David Pastrnak at the team practice on the Day before the 2019 Winter Classic. I think this will complete my jersey collection (for now anyway). It's going to look great on the wall.

Post 193 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
For the record Neil Gaiman is my favorite comic book creator/writer when it comes to his non-superhero works. But when it comes to the other side, Denny O'Neil takes the top spot.

Post 194 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
Finished another frame. I like how this one is simple and doesn't take away from the book.

Post 195 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Im adamantly against exposing comics to light like this in general, but that frame and book together are just stunning...superb artwork
Post 196 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town Thanks.
Post 197 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Bought this book today. That's not the cool part.

A receipt from Bakerstreet Books from 1982 comes out when I go to swap bags and boards.

Post 198 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
This is in a small corner of my living room. It’s a combination of Christmas and birthday gifts. I feel like I still need a Batman Animated Adventures Batgirl to compete the look.

Post 199 IP   flag post
Happy 4th of July!

Post 200 IP   flag post
My latest frame design.
Never forget.

Post 201 IP   flag post

Post 202 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

(From LIBERTY Winter 1973)

mm
Post 203 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
There was a crawlfish in the middle of the road so I stopped and scooped him up. But before I released him in my neighbors pond, I stopped back home and showed my wife. She was still asleep when I showed her and she said, "Where the hell did you find a live lobster?" Haha. He was actually pretty big.

Post 204 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Something I found online

Post 205 IP   flag post
600759 999 30