Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool: Part 311972

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 151 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Brought this guy home on Saturday; he was wandering around the shop at work saying hi to everyone. Posted locally to See if anyone is looking for him. Super chill dog wouldn’t mind keeping him.

@HulkSmash Did anyone claim him yet? I hope you get to keep him, he looks like a sweetheart.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
A bumper sticker I am having made. Hopefully it all comes out nice

Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a cool comic I noticed on Heritage Auctions. Looks like tomorrow is now today.

Post 154 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Below are a few pics as to why I haven't been buying comics lately. I have been saving my pennies to purchase my grail car.

1978 Corvette Silver Anniversary.

Criteria....
Engine: 350 L-82
Transmission Automatic
Interior: NOT red

I have no intentions of keeping the car original... I am going to modify to my specs for me to enjoy.

Transmission: I will most likely drop the Turbo 350 and replace with a Turbo 400.
Exhaust: Edelbrock headers with either the Borla Atak or Flowmaster. Don't know yet.
Suspension: I have been researching the German made Gymkhana. Some vette owners swear by it, and some hate it. My intentions are to make the car handle like a go-kart, yet ride like a marshmallow.
(PS... I hate marshmallows. LOL)
Sound System: Will most certainly be upgraded.

Here are some pics....

Post 155 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder

Is there anyone who thinks red interior was a good idea?
Post 156 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Nice @Pre_Coder, but being a Ford guy I’m going to tell you @Bronte’s fox body would wax that thing! Congrats dude!
Post 157 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Pre_Coder

Maybe for the early Mustang owners. LOL
Post 158 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
@Pre_Coder

I like what you did there....
Post 159 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Quote:
@Pre_Coder

Actually I used to own a 1965 Mustang... white exterior with red interior.

I traded it for a 1978 Firebird Formula, almost identical to this one...

Post 160 IP   flag post
Collector circumstances private msg quote post Address this user
Are these cool?

Unopened DC 2-paks from the 1960s.

Superhero and romance.

Adventure Comics #376 is on the flip side of one of the superhero packs (not pictured).

Post 161 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by circumstances
Are these cool?

Um, yes... they are most definitely cool!
Post 162 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Pre_Coder

Man... you messed up.
Post 163 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Pre_Coder

Man... you messed up.

You're right, bro... I messed up.
Post 164 IP   flag post
Collector circumstances private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by circumstances
Are these cool?

Um, yes... they are most definitely cool!

Thanks! I think they are cool, but I wasn't sure about "post them in a show something cool thread" cool!
Post 165 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Brought this guy home on Saturday; he was wandering around the shop at work saying hi to everyone. Posted locally to See if anyone is looking for him. Super chill dog wouldn’t mind keeping him.

@HulkSmash Did anyone claim him yet? I hope you get to keep him, he looks like a sweetheart.
Nothin but crickets; it looks like we are keeping him. Lady from Animal control came and scanned him for a chip. She said he’s some kind of collie and under 1 year old. He’s going to be a big boy He’s already ~50 pounds. I think he’s a collie/lab mix. Yesterday I Got him a collar, leash, gravity Feed water Bowl (he drinks a lot), a stainless steel food bowl, and some toys because hes been chewing on the play house and the patio furniture ( not his fault; he was never trained; we’ll get there). He does fine inside but I’m Going to build him a dog house because he sheds like a mofo.
Post 166 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Pre_Coder

Man... you messed up.

You're right, bro... I messed up.
I'm just goofing with you, all I can see is the horribly designed thunderbird with a stang engine crammed in it.
Post 167 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I saw a Mustang with T tops one time. It looked so odd... Congrats on the Vette!
Post 168 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
I saw a Mustang with T tops one time. It looked so odd... Congrats on the Vette!

I'm not there yet.
Post 169 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not there yet.

Reading comprehension has been a struggle today. My bad.
Post 170 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Ya they look weird; especially the LX

Post 171 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Nice @Pre_Coder, but being a Ford guy I’m going to tell you @Bronte’s fox body would wax that thing! Congrats dude!

I only mentioned my car once. I'm surprised you or anyone noticed....

But currently the vette would totally wax my butt. My car sat so long it doesnt start. Buddy is going to remove the injectors today so I can have them cleaned. Hopefully that solves it.
Post 172 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Pre_Coder

this is my trans am. Go screaming chicken. We have a 67 mustang fastback gta 390. It's in need of a full restoration. My son went to wyotech and now is a lead painter at caliber collision. Can't wait to get started restoring it
Post 173 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
This is my design getting produced. What do you think?
My wife didn't understand it, but I still like it.

Post 174 IP   flag post
At one point, before they really became collector's items, I was in the market to purchase a 1990 IROC-Z Camaro with the 5.7L v8 and t-tops. Sometimes I think I would rather have a Camaro than box upon box of funny book dreck.
Post 175 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley

For what it's worth, a car is a major pain in the ass unless you can spend a lot of time and money in it.

You figure it wont rise in value like comics. You keep sinking money to make it look better or go faster. Insurance for something you barely drive. Constant worry because it has so much power you'll wrap it around a tree if you arent careful. Takes a shitload of space.

Granted a lot of the same arguments can be made about comics, but if it weren't for the sentimental aspects of the car, I'd prolly ditch it and get a nice comic.
Post 176 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Studley_Dudley

For what it's worth, a car is a major pain in the ass unless you can spend a lot of time and money in it.

You figure it wont rise in value like comics. You keep sinking money to make it look better or go faster. Insurance for something you barely drive. Constant worry because it has so much power you'll wrap it around a tree if you arent careful. Takes a shitload of space.

Granted a lot of the same arguments can be made about comics, but if it weren't for the sentimental aspects of the car, I'd prolly ditch it and get a nice comic.

If your having having fun and you walk away; it’s money well spent LOL.
Post 177 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash

I'll definitely walk away even if it wraps around a tree. It has a 6 point roll bar installed.

I kind of took the car to extremes. So it's not practical to use as a daily driver. But I will say that if you need an adrenaline rush, this car will definitely provide it...
Post 178 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
So yesterday I was walking with a friend in their neighborhood and saw a little green lizard scurry out from a shrub and into a crosswalk sign. I immediately recognized this was HIGHLY unusual as we do not have green lizards in VA. We basically only have Fence Lizards and Skinks. I was able to snap a couple of good photos and post it on iNaturalist. Today I got confirmation from the app and a fellow naturist which works with me for the county That this was indeed not a native species, but in fact a recently introduced species from Europe. Crazier still it has colonized locally and is recognized by the Va Herp Society as an introduced species. So for you VA residents I now introduce you to youR new backyard Lizard neighbor. The Italian Wall Lizard!

Post 179 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
@Noblebeast315 Nice! Love that app! I use it all the time when walking or biking along the C&O canal.
Post 180 IP   flag post
600671 999 30