Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool: Part 311972

Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Listerine ad, circa 1942 (Astounding SF pulp)...

Post 776 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
Pup is getting big. (Still not 6mo yet) And he's becoming a chair thief.

aw I can't resist showing my 8 1/2 month old chocolate lab/pointer when I see other puppies lol, meet Solo!
Post 777 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica

Such a nice ad...now the worst!

mm
Post 778 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Harvey Comics bicentennial promo/ greeting card prototype from 1976. Warren Kremer art. May be the only known example.

Post 779 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
The synopsis for the production of Infinity Inc. #3 1984 with notes from Roy Thomas to Jerry Ordway. Interesting reading about how they plot the story and think ahead to future issues as well.

Not really any monetary value I imagine but interesting to see part of how the sausage is made. There are eleven pages in all of plotting.
Post 780 IP   flag post

To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Some cool comic pins and 25th Anniversary Hot Wheels case

Post 781 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Got this for my wife last Christmas.

Post 782 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Only one good print exists from this plate and my buddy owns it. I recently found the plate in a box. It was from a print class I took in which the assignment was to combine 2 prints from one artist. Naturally I chose Durer. Time to find someone that will run me a batch.

The left side of the plate is pieces of The Four Horsemen. Presently I don't remember the right side, I'll have to look around.

Edit: the right side is Battle of The Sea Gods which I did an ink of for my own giggles years before.
Post 783 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad - I would love to see the pics if you get them printed.
Post 784 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
@HeinzDad - I would love to see the pics if you get them printed.
I think I have a couple beaters hidden in another spot. Let me look around.
Post 785 IP   flag post
Ok, so I guess my friend has the only signed and numbered copy I know of of the five I did. Here are a couple proofs I ran I found. the last one is brown ink and it looks good enough to frame up but it has a big stain lower rightish.

Post 786 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 787 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica

Such a nice ad...now the worst!

mm

@martymann I like to sometimes use the internet to see what remains of history. According to the ad, the hair treatment company "Ward Laboratories" was at 1430 Broadway in New York. It seems that today there is a "Ward Textile Corp" at 1430 Broadway. Hard to imagine that company is still in the same spot all these years later, but also hard to imagine that much coincidence in the names.
Post 788 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia according to Dun & Bradstreet, Ward Textile Corp was founded in 1935 and incorporated in 1965. So, it could be they changed their name when they incorporated.

Post 789 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@martymann I like to sometimes use the internet to see what remains of history. According to the ad, the hair treatment company "Ward Laboratories" was at 1430 Broadway in New York. It seems that today there is a "Ward Textile Corp" at 1430 Broadway. Hard to imagine that company is still in the same spot all these years later, but also hard to imagine that much coincidence in the names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@EbayMafia according to Dun & Bradstreet, Ward Textile Corp was founded in 1935 and incorporated in 1965. So, it could be they changed their name when they incorporated. ]

@Jesse_O now I'm convinced that it's the same company. That's so cool, some little family business grinding it out in the same NYC office for 85 years. Looks like $3 million in revenues with 10 employees, so nobody is getting rich but somehow they've made it work for 85 years. Just grinding along.
Post 790 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Anakin went in for the the big snip yesterday and came in at 50lbs for a 6 month old. The weight / size comparison between pups is amusing / cool to me.

A 50lbs/6mo old Australian Shepherd / pit mix against a 92lbs/10yr German Shepherd / pit mix

Post 791 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
Anakin went in for the the big snip yesterday and came in at 50lbs for a 6 month old. The weight / size comparison between pups is amusing / cool to me.

A 50lbs/6mo old Australian Shepherd / pit mix against a 92lbs/10yr German Shepherd / pit mix

He looks like a dude who just lost his balls. Probably not gonna be so enthusiastic about car rides for a while now.
Post 792 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

one of the benefits in going into a homeowners backyard. Just bought this 73 international 4x4. All original 2nd owner. The body is beautiful, the truck had a small camper most of its life so the bed is in amazing shape. I'm having my mechanic go through the engine (345) and my son went to wyotech and was head painter at caliber collision so he is going to paint it. Can't wait to get this beauty back on the road
Post 793 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Found this pic on a Australian comic book website.
Pic of a Aussie artist from the 70s I think.

Check out the t-shirt he is wearing and the raw comic book in his hand 👍

Post 794 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Just a couple of the shelves in my office.

The Demogorgon hanging with some whiskey I got from a couple when I adopted a dog from them and named him Whiskey. The dragon with the die is only really interesting cause that 20 sided die is a die made from the ivory of a mammoth tusk. I love that thing. When I used to play D&D in person, I'd break that die out when I wanted to put a serious hurting on something, it always rolled amazingly for me.

The mimic there was made for me by a guy on a D&D related Facebook group a couple of years ago. It's an amazing piece of art and I use it to hold a bunch of old dice. Along with that you can see the Drizzt and Guenhwyvar funko pops. I got 2 sets of those pops just so I could take one out to pose and leave one in the box. I got stretch Armstrong for Christmas last year as a semi-joke. But he's hangin' as well!

Post 795 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
ebay system has SIKTC as "children's books" 😆
Post 796 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
1935 Flash Gordon pop-up book, with one of the interior pop-ups. One of my faves!

Post 797 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareComics
1935 Flash Gordon pop-up book, with one of the interior pop-ups. One of my faves!

That's awesome. Been a long time since I thought about how cool a good pop-up book is. Can you show the others?
Post 798 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia Sadly, I have no others available now. Glad you enjoyed this one, though!
Post 799 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 800 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotKeyComics
ebay system has SIKTC as "children's books" 😆

How else do you expect to lure them in?
Post 801 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I found this while searching for the "id this cover" game.

Of course, then I had to find the song!!

Post 802 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I found this while searching for the "id this cover" game.

Of course, then I had to find the song!!

they need to work that into a movie
Post 803 IP   flag post
This is my first major trade, 20 comics, 4 of them slabs, a Tiger Woods rookie graded 10 and a Bad Idea button all sent out today and insured for that one big grail...

Post 804 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@HotKeyComics

What is the grail?
Post 805 IP   flag post
600736 999 30