Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool: Part 311972

Collector Nelsconey private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsconey

My new homebrew experiment

I really enjoy sour stuff. What is that?

Gallon lemonade 3/4 bag Sour patch kids melted.
Some brewers yeast. 5 weeks for fermentation
10-12% Alcohol

Delicious
Post 676 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Quote:
Quote:
Love smoked foods. Favorite is beef ribs though....

Beef ribs and then eventually brisket are next on the menu.

My brother smokes a mean brisket, but he does "crutch" by using butcher paper. He uses a weber "bullet" I think its called. First time I saw him smear mustard on a brisket I was thinking how nasty that stuff was going to taste. I was WRONG

Brisket intimidates me. I admire anyone who can smoke it.

I use mustard on ribs to hold the rub on. My wife and son are not fans of mustard at all yet they never notice. Good stuff.
Post 677 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@AndyRexia

My brother's only failing in cooking is he wears himself out, and sometimes over sleeps and sometimes things get over cooked. I think I found a solution.

https://www.thermoworks.com/Smoke

I bought this gadget and was able to smoke some beef ribs on a gas grill. It turned out okay, but I have no idea what I'm doing compared to my brother. But the tool at least got the meat to where I wanted it in terms of tenderness. granted my home made rub was less than ideal.

My point is though that the tool makes monitoring the meat significantly easier. They came out with a longer range one that is prolly worth upgrading to.
Post 678 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I don't know if this qualifies as "cool" but I smoked some pork ribs today and just felt like sharing.

Definitely cool!!! Looks fantastic!!
Post 679 IP   flag post
Collector Cody private msg quote post Address this user

When I was a kid my best friend and I would save our allowances and wait for our chance to go to the next town over.
A local drugstore sold packs of these cards. We were never able to complete the set but we sure had fun collecting them.
Fast forward a few decades and as an adult I tracked down a few unopened boxes of cards and a binder with the official pages. Pretty sure the binder was a mail away offer. It was fun opening the packs again and completing the set after all this time.
Post 680 IP   flag post

@Bronte that meat thermometer looks awesome. I have one that I use when I smoke chicken and other meats but I've never used it on ribs. It takes all of the guess work out of it. Mine is not as fancy as the one you linked though I still like it. It does what I need it to. I miss having people over and cooking for them.
Post 681 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Where do you live? I'd be happy to have someone cook for me. I'll even buy the liquor. =)
Post 682 IP   flag post
Quote:
Where do you live? I'd be happy to have someone cook for me. I'll even buy the liquor. =)

North Carolina. If you need directions it's simple. Find the place where the tea is sweet and the tobacco is green in the field (although that's not true right at this moment).
Post 683 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Spanning five categories. Cap/Kirby/High Grade/35 cent variant/yellow cover.

Post 684 IP   flag post
Collector Nelsconey private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody

When I was a kid my best friend and I would save our allowances and wait for our chance to go to the next town over.
A local drugstore sold packs of these cards. We were never able to complete the set but we sure had fun collecting them.
Fast forward a few decades and as an adult I tracked down a few unopened boxes of cards and a binder with the official pages. Pretty sure the binder was a mail away offer. It was fun opening the packs again and completing the set after all this time.

This reminds of my Garbage Pail Kid collecting days.
Post 685 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Settling in to my new home with some friends.

Post 686 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsconey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody

This reminds of my Garbage Pail Kid collecting days.

Oh yeah those cards looked awesome. I wasn't allowed to buy them though lol. Did you finish the set?
Post 687 IP   flag post

All the Marvel Nintendo NES games and the Batman ones.
Post 688 IP   flag post
New flyease by Nike shoes

At first glance you might think who needs such a "lazy" shoe. However after foot surgery and having to wear a special foot insert, I have a velcro version that made wearing shoes much easier.
So, yes this is great for people with slight disabilities....

CNN: Nike made a hands-free shoe and you have to see it to believe it.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/01/business/nike-hands-free-shoe/index.html
Post 689 IP   flag post
Van halens eruption done with violin....

https://youtu.be/eTb0TQtVT6k
Post 690 IP   flag post
Keeping warm. Battery powered heated jacket.

Check this out at Amazon
Venustas Men's 3-in-1 Heated Jacket with Battery Pack 5V, Ski Jacket Winter Jacket with Removable Hood Waterproof https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07WYNMH5F/ref=cm_sw_r_u_apa_fabc_X9W0RYDMHZP8J75Q1EDX
Post 691 IP   flag post
Quote:
Keeping warm. Battery powered heated jacket.

Check this out at Amazon
Venustas Men's 3-in-1 Heated Jacket with Battery Pack 5V, Ski Jacket Winter Jacket with Removable Hood Waterproof https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07WYNMH5F/ref=cm_sw_r_u_apa_fabc_X9W0RYDMHZP8J75Q1EDX
I really hope you aren't wanting this. It cracks me up when fellas from down south think 65 is cold.
Post 692 IP   flag post
Lol

No I am unfortunately heavily insulated still. I just thought it was a nifty idea.

But yeah, jackets aren't required until 50
Post 693 IP   flag post
I hope I wasn't being rude, it just reminded me of a friends story from up here that lived in Texas for a while. He said whenever it hit 70 or below they broke out long pants and a hoody or flannel. They would bust his chops when he was sweating balls when it was 110 or when he was wearing shorts if it was 65.
Post 694 IP   flag post
Your going to have to try a lot harder to offend me to get me riled up.

Remember I live in Florida. Where the jokes and crazies are never ending
Post 695 IP   flag post
Quote:
Your going to have to try a lot harder to offend me to get me riled up.

Remember I live in Florida. Where the jokes and crazies are never ending
I saw a crazy headline out of PA. today that I read off to a coworker and said id believe this more if if said "Florida Man".
Post 696 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I hope I wasn't being rude, it just reminded me of a friends story from up here that lived in Texas for a while. He said whenever it hit 70 or below they broke out long pants and a hoody or flannel. They would bust his chops when he was sweating balls when it was 110 or when he was wearing shorts if it was 65.

All depends what climate your body is acclimated. I grew up in North West AR, and North East OK. When I moved to Dallas in 2008, and winter time hits,.. people here are bundled up, yet I'm out and about wearing a short sleeved shirt.
People look at me like I'm nuts.
Post 697 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know if this qualifies as cool but it's pretty fun for a comics, games and social beverage room. The LED string lights are new...the kids dig it.

Post 698 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Things were so simple...buy the PEP and get a pin.

mm
Post 699 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user

This is a sticker I am having made by Sticker Mule. I wanted to go with an EC Comics look and spent a good portion of the day designing it. I give away stickers with orders from my claim show, Saturdays at 5:00 on our YouTube channel and thought this would be pretty awesome.
Post 700 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Mountie73 - Very cool! The dragon looks like it could have been drawn by @CatmanAmerica.
Post 701 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

i thought it looked funny, my frenchie was sleeping on her paw, it looks like she's got some jacked up hill billy monstrous teeth
Post 702 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Yep, that's some serious Deliverance look there. Those little Frenchies and Boston terriers are just born to be adored.
Post 703 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Post 704 IP   flag post
Batman 251 homage by neal adams.

Post 705 IP   flag post
600811 999 30