CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool: Part 311972

Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlord

This is a picture of my little man Star-Lord in the pokie after I caught him nibbling on a long box.

Crime: Hamburger theft
Time: 3-5 (minutes) in the clink. If he had a cup he would run it across the bars.

He looks like a repeat offender lol.
Post 526 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This is a picture of my little man Star-Lord in the pokie after I caught him nibbling on a long box.

Time: 3-5 (minutes) in the clink. If he had a cup he would run it across the bars.

Oh man thats classic @starlord, I won't get started.
Post 527 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@EbaySeller I'm very lucky, my wife and kids appreciate the same stuff I do. That's our basement, the rest of the house is "adult", the basement is where we can let our "hair down" and have innocent fun, comics, movies, video games, music, darts. My wife suggested we get the arcade cabinets.

@GAC do you throw darts just for fun or do you enter contests? Just asking because I love throwing darts.

Back in the 90s I would go to a local pub where I used to live and enter contests on Saturday nights. The pot luck contests weren't much $$$, but single contests I usually scored about $180-200 a week. I made Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday my practice nights at home throwing anywhere between 2,400-3,600 darts each night.
Post 528 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh man thats classic @starlord, I won't get started.

Do you think the animals know why they are actually being punished?
Post 529 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Nah, they dirty, they'll fatten up on treats and cuddles and do it again tomorrow. Hell, Heinz will sleep in my bed tonight, but you gotta try. Its like a kid, do they get it?????
Post 530 IP   flag post

I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Nah, they dirty, they'll fatten up on treats and cuddles and do it again tomorrow. Hell, Heinz will sleep in my bed tonight, but you gotta try. Its like a kid, do they get it?????

You're absolutely right!

Dogs are not stupid, and often (just like children), they will periodically test you and see how far they can push the boundaries.
Post 531 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 532 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I always thought it would be fun to suit a dog up as The Hamburgaler for Halloween. Because everyone knows that's exactly who they are at heart.
Post 533 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

Looks like something I would have tried to sneak into church when I was a kid.
Post 534 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@EbaySeller I'm very lucky, my wife and kids appreciate the same stuff I do. That's our basement, the rest of the house is "adult", the basement is where we can let our "hair down" and have innocent fun, comics, movies, video games, music, darts. My wife suggested we get the arcade cabinets.

@GAC do you throw darts just for fun or do you enter contests? Just asking because I love throwing darts.

Back in the 90s I would go to a local pub where I used to live and enter contests on Saturday nights. The pot luck contests weren't much $$$, but single contests I usually scored about $180-200 a week. I made Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday my practice nights at home throwing anywhere between 2,400-3,600 darts each night.

Wow!! For me, I throw darts for fun. In my younger days when I would frequent pubs with friends, we would always play. The stakes were usually individual pints or sometimes the entire nights' tab. In later years, fewer pints and still love throwing but not as serious as yourself. That's some dedication you got there!!
Post 535 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller They came out in 2014...

Post 536 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
@EbaySeller They came out in 2014...

I'd get Chaykin's "HC" on all 6. On the back, though. Even "HC" would cover too much of the art.

What is on the back, btw?
Post 537 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user

Crappy vinyl sticker on the fridge so I have to redo it. This is for the media room up stairs.
Post 538 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
This was given to me by one of my grown sons, he knows I love Speed Racer as much as I love any comic/cartoon character. I have a signed book by Peter Fernandez (the voice of Speed Racer in the original series)that was given to me by my daughter many hears ago.

Post 539 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
Off topic a bit, but this is my new typewriter. It is a 1969
Olivetti Valentine and I've wanted one for some time now. Beautiful machine with smooth actions.

Post 540 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Enjoyed the 1st arcade game so much I picked up another one today.

I made this "coffee table" using a drum kit stool and comic shipping supplies lol!! Some light, rigid cardboard, tape and printed comic art. it's about 19 inches x 19 inches. This will go beside the arcade players when they have beverages. It easily supports four full pints. It was fun to build.

Post 541 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Decided to make my son a submarine.

Post 542 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.cbr.com/batman-hush-jim-lee-bronze-statue/

Post 543 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
A few Hot Wheels Drag Buses from my collection

Post 544 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia

That right there is why we adore our little kids so much. When he starts to get to old for it let him take it into the bathtub for one final voyage.
Post 545 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:

That right there is why we adore our little kids so much. When he starts to get to old for it let him take it into the bathtub for one final voyage.

He is a handful but he gets it honest at least. Right now he likes to ride his submarine to "Germany". A voyage that starts in the dining room, goes the length of the hallway, and ends in my bedroom. My brother is stationed in Germany so my son likes to "visit". Ironically, my brother started his naval career on a submarine. He says the USS Logan looks to be a Typhoon class sub. 😉
Post 546 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Just got my latest subscription package from MCS. Without a doubt one of my favorite covers. Very cool to honor Chadwick Boseman and pay homage to his Marvel character. May you rest in peace Boseman.

Post 547 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC great freaking arcade. I enjoyed marvel vs capcom and X-men vs street fighter. The later games in the crossover series were meh.
Post 548 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I had no idea you were an engineer! good job!

Great pic!
Post 549 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

We have the PacMan machine, the sit down Star Wars machine, the Marvel Super Heroes machine, the 12 in one Deluxe Asteroids/Centiped machine, the Galaga machine, and the Final Fight machine. I just ordered a Space Invaders machine and we bought the Legends Ultimate Machine from Sam's Club as a Christmas gift for our son. It has Fix It Felix on it.

I was not happy that I missed out on getting the Outrun seated cabinet. We are looking forward to the release of the pinball machines.
Post 550 IP   flag post
@Towmater that is awesome!! these games are addictive as hell! I just picked this up today and set it up. I love the graphics on the cabinets...that's part of the enjoyment, they look great. I was a little annoyed my riser is the generic Arcade1up graphic instead of the Galaga graphic and I wish Galaga came with a lighted marquee.

I'd love to see pictures of your cabinets!

Post 551 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrie2tm
Off topic a bit, but this is my new typewriter. It is a 1969
Olivetti Valentine and I've wanted one for some time now. Beautiful machine with smooth actions.

Wow! I had no idea that some Typewriters had been designed with so much visual appeal in mind. It's like the Formula 1 of typewriters. Any idea what those sold for new in 1969?
Post 552 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
The company that my daughter works for is coming out with a DC-based clothing line tonight, so she had me talk to one of the editors at her company. I guess I am a comic book expert now, they couldn't print it if it wasn't true. lol

Use the link and click on the Super Friends picture for the story.

clickable text
Post 553 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 554 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller It is a beautiful design and I believe one is on display at the Museum of Modern Art. Not sure as to original cost, would certainly be interesting to know. I shall have to see if I can find any old ads for it.
Post 555 IP   flag post
597944 999 30