Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool: Part 311972

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
I know who Tito Ortiz is, I just don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
... Am I mistaken in that?

You are not mistaken (I know who he is)...what type of responses were you expecting?

I thought it was hilarious that the guy was running for city council. A man's got to eat I guess.
Post 426 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
This was sent to me and I thought I would share

Post 427 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Kelly Freas original oil (painted on burlap) for Ace double paperback cover...

Post 428 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I know we have some Labyrinth and Bowie fans here!!! There is a cool one shot in the October previews!!!!

Post 429 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Salacious Crumb: original 1983 back stock from the Kenner Jabba’s Palace play set.

Post 430 IP   flag post

PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
While sorting through a forgotten box of DC WAR COMICS I ran
across this 1973 ad for PASSAIC BOOK CENTERS "SUPER CATALOGUE".
Has anyone ever seen a copy?

(From GI COMBAT #160)

mm
Post 431 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
@martymann Have not seen that one, but got this one in a grab bag the other day.
Would have loved to gotten it back in 1997.

Post 432 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoes10
@martymann Have not seen that one, but got this one in a grab bag the other day.
Would have loved to gotten it back in 1997.

hey! I have one of those!
Post 433 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I know we have some Labyrinth and Bowie fans here!!! There is a cool one shot in the October previews!!!!

Yup! Thanks for the share.
Post 434 IP   flag post

Post 435 IP   flag post
Quote:

Funny, I have kind of an allergic reaction to the 9.2 grade. I feel like it shouldn't exist and I would rarely intentionally buy one. I thought it was personal to me though, I didn't realize it was a thing.
Post 436 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Funny, I have kind of an allergic reaction to the 9.2 grade. I feel like it shouldn't exist and I would rarely intentionally buy one. I thought it was personal to me though, I didn't realize it was a thing.

Alas, guess I lean more towards being Hobbesian than Calvinist...

Post 437 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica

@CatmanAmerica I know it must be deep, but you've left me standing in the shallow end of the pool. Please explain.
Post 438 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica

@CatmanAmerica I know it must be deep, but you've left me standing in the shallow end of the pool. Please explain.

It was just an opportunity to parlay the devilish Hobbesian viewpoint against strict Calvinist evangelism. I more closely identify with the Hobbes imaginary cat character who’d gladly take those worthless 9.2 eyesores off a disillusioned collector’s hands.

The problem with tossing out a mischievous allegory is that the point often ends up being either too obvious or so philosophically obscure that it gets bogged down in rhetorical quicksand. Alas, quicksand is often deep and not very forgiving.
Post 439 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
This gem showed up in my Facebook feed.

Post 440 IP   flag post
St. George and the Dragon...

Donato Giancola
Post 441 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user

Post 442 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
A couple years back I got super drunk at a benefit bowling party for my friend's sister who had a stroke. I forgot I bought some raffle tickets but won a Mark Hamill autographed photo. I guess I put it into storage when I got home and forgot about it until cleaning stuff out this past weekend.

Post 443 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
A couple years back I got super drunk

@Studley_Dudley I've become convinced that all of your coolest stories start with the same intro, lol. But it's a great attention grabber, it always makes me want to read on.
Post 444 IP   flag post
From 2012, Part I of Greg Sadowski's exhaustive biography on Basil Wolverton...

Excellent book, as is the recent second installment, Brain Bats of Venus!
Post 445 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user

Signed by Steranko, Perez, Weeks, Trimpe, Frenz, Nolan, McKone and Golden. This was done at the last Pittsburgh comic con a few years back. Miss that con. Always had great artists for signs and commissions.
Post 446 IP   flag post
Curiosity...

Post 447 IP   flag post
Having moved recently, this picture is my tiny little piece of the world that is all mine and nobody else can touch it. It's a cubby under the stairs, about 4 feet wide and 5 feet tall.
Here's the cool part: The open book and the case on the right are the complete Far Side Collection from 1980-1994. It was a Christmas present from my wife many years ago. I don't know why it ended up packed in the garage, but definitely was a pleasant surprise when we found it in the move. Each book must weight at least 10 pounds.

Post 448 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone ever seen a POPSICLE PETE FUN BOOK?

mm
Post 449 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
A couple years back I got super drunk

@Studley_Dudley I've become convinced that all of your coolest stories start with the same intro, lol. But it's a great attention grabber, it always makes me want to read on.

😆 In my defense, I had been back from Afghanistan for a few weeks and that was the first time I had seen a bunch of my friends. I don't drink much anymore unless I go to a football game or some other event.
Post 450 IP   flag post
Sketch: Winking dragon...

Post 451 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Finding a lot of awesome stuff I forgot I had as I am going through my storage....Thinning the collection out and selling it off. Found a short box with a very nice run of New Mutants. I'm thinking I probably should get the NM 98 graded before I sell it with the lot?

Post 452 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Saved these from the kids’ toy box years ago lol!

Post 453 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
Finding a lot of awesome stuff I forgot I had as I am going through my storage....Thinning the collection out and selling it off. Found a short box with a very nice run of New Mutants. I'm thinking I probably should get the NM 98 graded before I sell it with the lot?

How much?
Post 454 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash Well I am definitely sending the 98 off to be graded with some other books. It looks super clean. If you are still interested in the rest I will go through them and get the issue numbers, quantity, and conditions. I can send you a PM with that info
Post 455 IP   flag post
601333 999 30