Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool: Part 311972

Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
RI is in it's second heat wave of the summer. So here's what my summer project was to keep me, my family, and my comics cool. I installed ductless central air conditioning. I did get a little help from a few friends.

Very Nice Ed. Sorry that I am late to the show. I think it will be cheaper than the #2 fuel oil. I hope it is for you. The nice thing is you at least have a back up or supplementary heat source now.
Post 276 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

my nephew bought a wood working business, he made this for his kid. I thought it was pretty awesome. I told him I would post it here to see if anyone would be interested,he can customize anything. Told him to come up with a price, if anyone is interested let me know. He can make it appropriately 11"x19"x1/8" thick. It's all done with a laser.
Post 277 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Harold Lloyd lobby card for "Girl Shy" (1924)...

Post 278 IP   flag post

Post 279 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
my wife bought me a box of postcards years ago so I framed them.

Post 280 IP   flag post

Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Harold Lloyd lobby card for "Girl Shy" (1924)...

That’s cool. As a kid I enjoyed watching Lloyd on TCM with my dad.
Post 281 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Changing it up a bit...some action figures.

Post 282 IP   flag post

Post 283 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user

Post 284 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 285 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Scored this the other day, unfortunately it has to be up in the shop.
Post 286 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Ha! Original picture wouldn’t stay visible. All I could think it might be was the she hulk cover that was next to it in the red frame. Apparently exposed boobs on the bottom with fully covered nips is censored.
Post 287 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
And, no, i Will not be attempting a full run. If each was a different issue and story, maybe. But as is, really only want top characters from the original 12-backs and a few 21 backs.
Post 288 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Looking through numerous boxes today, I came across these two books. They appear to have been signed by the author, J.D. Calderon. I don't even remember picking them up. Anyone know anything about them and the signatures?

Post 289 IP   flag post
@esaravo I found these online for you to compare...clickable text

Post 290 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster - Thank you. I guess they aren't valuable and I will have to keep my day job for another 4 or 5 years.
Post 291 IP   flag post
Over the top William (Stage) Boyd (NOT the William Boyd known for Hopalong Cassidy) in a Chapter 5 lobby card from the infamous Lost City serial...

Post 292 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Taking pictures of some collectibles that belong to my Wife.

MICKEY MOUSE TEA SET from the 1930's.

mm
Post 293 IP   flag post
Collector Firehawk2069 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

Perfect timing on this post!
Post 294 IP   flag post

My Christmas ornaments for this year!
Post 295 IP   flag post
On August 14, 1945, President Harry S. Truman announced that Imperial Japan had surrendered unconditionally, ending World War II.
Post 296 IP   flag post

My granddaughter got me Nemo and Dory
Post 297 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster, Awesome!! you're granddaughter is great!
Post 298 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user

Upgraded my son's swing set today!
Post 299 IP   flag post
Randy California & Ed Cassidy signed concert tee from '93...

Post 300 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Randy California

@CatmanAmerica Not sure everyone knows the Randy California story. If I remember correctly I believe he sued for credit to Stairway to Heaven?
Post 301 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Randy California

@CatmanAmerica Not sure everyone knows the Randy California story. If I remember correctly I believe he sued for credit to Stairway to Heaven?

Actually, the estate sued on his heir's behalf. Randy died in 1997 saving his son from being swept away in a rip-current while they were swimming in the ocean off Hawaii. The wikipedia link has details...

clickable text

Here's a classic clip of I've Got A Line On You from the original SPIRIT and guests live in '84 that I came across on YouTube...

I saw Randy & Ed in a trio version of SPIRIT in a '93 performance locally. I'll see if there are YouTube videos from around that time to post the "What Are You Listenin' To" thread.
Post 302 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Billboard from a Radio/Outdoor campaign developed for GRAND UNION/
BIG STAR SUPERMARKETS featuring 20 different one minute spots
starring LT. TUNDRA in comical adventures promoting "MARCH IS
FROZEN FOOD MONTH".

mm
Post 303 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
A dear friend of mine just lost her pet. Although I am typically not an animal person it has affected me as well. This cat was very special indeed. Wasnt sure how to honor the pet's memory but came across a company that would etch a photograph onto a granite slab for you.

I had them create this. It came from Arizona to my house in FL in 2 days after they got my approval on the proof.

(The cat was a little wonky due to a rough life, so his eye looks a bit messed up)

Post 304 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte wow!!! That is a great thing to do for your friend!!! I'm sure she will love it!! I commend you for being a great friend!!!
Post 305 IP   flag post
601524 999 30