Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Snyder "Justice League" to be Released in 202111971

COLLECTOR Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
If people wanted to see old comic stories rehashed by DC then maybe we’d get films that are good. Wonder Woman takes the tone and direction from what Perez did with the character in comics and mixes it with some of the original tone and hope found in Donner’s Superman film. The movie works because people want heroes that they can look up to and reflect what they have found in the comics of their youths. Jenkins gave us that. They don’t want a suicidal Batman, a moody, whinny Superman, or heroes that get twisted into Watchmenisk type characters. Why would a parent want to expose their child to that type of hero? That's why the MCU works and so far the DC film universe doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC



Why is the Predator in a DC film?
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
If people wanted to see old comic stories rehashed by DC then maybe we’d get films that are good. Wonder Woman takes the tone and direction from what Perez did with the character in comics and mixes it with some of the original tone and hope found in Donner’s Superman film. The movie works because people want heroes that they can look up to and reflect what they have found in the comics of their youths. Jenkins gave us that. They don’t want a suicidal Batman, a moody, whinny Superman, or heroes that get twisted into Watchmenisk type character. Why would a parent want to expose their child to that type of hero? That's why the MCU works and so far the DC film universe doesn't.

Wrong mentality.

TDKR is obviously for mature readers/audiences.

Serious and thought-provoking comic book movies are a breath of fresh air from the House of Mouse joke machine. I'm saying that as a fan of both companies and both cinematic universes.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Never heard of Uxas?
Post 128 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus

Wrong mentality.

TDKR is obviously for mature readers/audiences.

Serious and thought-provoking comic book movies are a breath of fresh air from the House of Mouse joke machine. I'm saying that as a fan of both companies and both cinematic universes.


No, a viewpoint or opinion that differs from your own and is just as valid.

Thought provoking? ROFLMAO. I've yet to see that from the DCEU movie. Please share with us how Suicide Squad was thought provoking.


Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus

Wrong mentality.

TDKR is obviously for mature readers/audiences.

Serious and thought-provoking comic book movies are a breath of fresh air from the House of Mouse joke machine. I'm saying that as a fan of both companies and both cinematic universes.


No, a viewpoint or opinion that differs from your own and is just as valid.

Thought provoking? ROFLMAO. I've yet to see that from the DCEU movie.

A viewpoint entrenched in an incorrect mindset? That's wrong, bud.

You wanna make it Marvel vs DC because you can't be intellectually critical of Worlds of DC in a vacuum.

If you didn't have preconceptions about WODC, you may be able to turn your brain on when you press play.

Suicide Squad is an exception to the rule. You already knew that, which is why you edited in.
Post 130 IP   flag post


Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
I can’t say what everyone else is thinking, but when I wish DC followed Marvel more, I only mean in a grand plan way.

The marvel movies mostly tied together pretty well delivering a pretty decent conclusion.

DC seemed to piecemeal things, and unfortunately, Snyder lost his kid which didn’t help continuity.

I think DC could do something similar with Darkseid, but I’m not sure I’d want them to, now.

I’d have to hear how DC ripped off Thanos, which would be irritating.

I’d like to see them reboot, and tie their movies together a little more.

I’d like to see the members of the justice league built up a little more than one movie.

That sounds easy, but in reality, getting actors to play a character for 10 years might not be as easy as I’d like it to be.

I’ll definitely watch the Snyder cut, and I’ll check out the new Batman (duh, it’s Batman!)

At the end of the day, I’m a comic fan so more movies is always good if they make them entertaining.
Post 131 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@theCapraAegagrus Might be "wrong" to you. However, that doesn't make you right or correct.

As I pointed out any movie, that 1) has the 2 biggest heroes in the DC Universe, and steals material from Miller that can't get over the billion dollar mark in a total comic fanboy marketplace must be considered a flop. To then go back to the same "director/writer/producer" and expect anything else is absurd. Someone at Warner Brothers final came to their senses and changed directions once it became clear what he was attempting to do.

BTW, please defend Sucker Punch and share with me how the guy you love who write, directed, and produced the movie gave us such a hot steamy pile of dog s--t? Did the entire movie seeing public miss the thought provoking masterpiece that you must see it as or do you also acknowledge it as a steamy pile of crap too?

All I can write that is positive about Synder is that he films movies in a way that can be visually striking.

The edit you referenced was an afterthought which doesn't make it any less valid. BTW, I edited this post too. I failed to put the @theCapraAegagrus in it.
Post 132 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Nice straw-man. This has nothing to do with Sucker Punch.

Judging 1 thing by comparing it to another is wrong (especially when they're entirely different outside of what type of media they draw inspiration from). Mental gymnastics don't change that. It's like comparing your current GF to your ex. Sound fair? Nope. It's wrong.

WB was/is obviously wrong, since they released the BvS Snyder Cut, and are now doing the same - to an even larger scale - for Justice League. You miss this...?

Real fans want the real thing. Haters lost.
Post 133 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Hey, maybe the Snyder cut will improve the mess that is Justice League.

If DC gets its act together, great.

Imagine if they just worked on their quality control? What if they consistently made movies as good as Batman Begins & Dark Knight?

But I don’t think Snyder is the answer to getting things back on track.

What if we could get David Fincher to make a Batman movie?
Post 134 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@theCapraAegagrus I get it now. You are a Synder fan boy. If one can't acknowledge the mess that Sucker Punch is and was then one really can't be objective about anything the man produces. Any discussion becomes suspect.

The DCEU needs to be shifted to other creators while the direction needs to be given to someone that changes the tone. The edgy dark thing isn’t working. The best 2 DCEU films are more like MCU films, i.e. Wonder Woman and Shazam. Warner Brothers should take note of that.
Post 135 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I would think...maybe???....we could all agree that at least Snyder is better than the destroyer of souls...he who shall not be named...Michael Bay

oh...my poor, poor TMNT and Transformers...you deserved so much better..RIP
Post 136 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I would think...maybe???....we could all agree that at least Snyder is better than the destroyer of souls...he who shall not be named...Michael Bay

oh...my poor, poor TMNT and Transformers...you deserved so much better..RIP


I was actually going to compare the last act of Man of Steel to Transformers, but decided against it. I do think there are valid parallels, but still . . . it would be perceived as a low blow.
Post 137 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I would think...maybe???....we could all agree that at least Snyder is better than the destroyer of souls...he who shall not be named...Michael Bay

oh...my poor, poor TMNT and Transformers...you deserved so much better..RIP


I was actually going to compare the last act of Man of Steel to Transformers, but decided against it. I do think there are valid parallels, but still . . . it would be perceived as a low blow.


I'd call it a valid interpretation of the level work of both directors.
Post 138 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Hey, maybe the Snyder cut will improve the mess that is Justice League.

If DC gets its act together, great.

Imagine if they just worked on their quality control? What if they consistently made movies as good as Batman Begins & Dark Knight?

But I don’t think Snyder is the answer to getting things back on track.

What if we could get David Fincher to make a Batman movie?

He's the only person who has worked on Worlds of DC with anything you could call "a plan".
Post 139 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
@theCapraAegagrus I get it now. You are a Synder fan boy. If one can't acknowledge the mess that Sucker Punch is and was then one really can't be objective about anything the man produces. Any discussion becomes suspect.

The DCEU needs to be shifted to other creators while the direction needs to be given to someone that changes the tone. The edgy dark thing isn’t working. The best 2 DCEU films are more like MCU films, i.e. Wonder Woman and Shazam. Warner Brothers should take note of that.

Incorrect.
Post 140 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I would think...maybe???....we could all agree that at least Snyder is better than the destroyer of souls...he who shall not be named...Michael Bay

oh...my poor, poor TMNT and Transformers...you deserved so much better..RIP

The 1st Transformers wasn't completely awful.
Post 141 IP   flag post
Collector GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I'd love to see that as a review on a bluray...

"...not completely awful"
Post 142 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I'd love to see that as a review on a bluray...

"...not completely awful"
or " not as bad as his other films "
Post 143 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
@theCapraAegagrus I get it now. You are a Synder fan boy. If one can't acknowledge the mess that Sucker Punch is and was then one really can't be objective about anything the man produces. Any discussion becomes suspect.

The DCEU needs to be shifted to other creators while the direction needs to be given to someone that changes the tone. The edgy dark thing isn’t working. The best 2 DCEU films are more like MCU films, i.e. Wonder Woman and Shazam. Warner Brothers should take note of that.

Incorrect.


I don't know...dark films once in a while sure (I actually loved Watchmen)....but as a business model?? I know... that's one of the reasons I don't take my kid to see DC movies.

I guess mid 40's parents with pre-teens and disposable income aren't the target for their movies?? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I know we can't have Christopher Reeve or Linda Carter, but damned..do they need to make even the costumes darker??
Post 144 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Edgy/Dark doesn’t work for Superman. His Villains? Sure. But not Superman.

Even in Dark Knight III, which was incredibly traumatic, all He wanted to do was show his daughter humanity’s potential.
Post 145 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
@theCapraAegagrus I get it now. You are a Synder fan boy. If one can't acknowledge the mess that Sucker Punch is and was then one really can't be objective about anything the man produces. Any discussion becomes suspect.

The DCEU needs to be shifted to other creators while the direction needs to be given to someone that changes the tone. The edgy dark thing isn’t working. The best 2 DCEU films are more like MCU films, i.e. Wonder Woman and Shazam. Warner Brothers should take note of that.

Incorrect.


I don't know...dark films once in a while sure (I actually loved Watchmen)....but as a business model?? I know... that's one of the reasons I don't take my kid to see DC movies.

I guess mid 40's parents with pre-teens and disposable income aren't the target for their movies?? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I know we can't have Christopher Reeve or Linda Carter, but damned..do they need to make even the costumes darker??

Some people actually like movies that have meaning. Did you miss the part where BvS is heavily inspired by TDKR? Mature content. Not all comic books (and movies) are made for pre-teens. That's a good thing. It's Rated-R after all...
Post 146 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Edgy/Dark doesn’t work for Superman. His Villains? Sure. But not Superman.

Even in Dark Knight III, which was incredibly traumatic, all He wanted to do was show his daughter humanity’s potential.

Superman isn't "dark" in Worlds of DC. Not sure where you came up with this. Even after Bruce Wayne confronted him, he sees the news of people in trouble, and saves people. Struggling with the reaction of not living up to the "god" figure is not "dark" or "edgy". It's realistic. He can't save everyone and he has to find a way to live with it. Character development.
Post 147 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
BvS isn’t more mature. It’s heavy-handed. There’s a difference.

You liked the DCEU. Cool. But you continually imply that your taste is elevated over that of its critics. And that if people didn’t like it, they didn’t “get” it. Snyder laid everything out in the open. It wasn’t subtle.

I’m glad people enjoyed it. More comic book movie options is a good thing. I’m sure there are things we can agree on, BvS just isn’t one of them.
Post 148 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
You keep moving the goal posts because you're wrong. I'll just accept that the fans won and move on.
Post 149 IP   flag post
Collector CarsonG private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't seen the Justice Leauge movie yet. Not quite sure it was worth seeing from the reviews but if this re edit is any good I will most likely give it a watch.
Post 150 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
BvS isn’t more mature. It’s heavy-handed. There’s a difference.

You liked the DCEU. Cool. But you continually imply that your taste is elevated over that of its critics. And that if people didn’t like it, they didn’t “get” it. Snyder laid everything out in the open. It wasn’t subtle.
yep.. it was slapped over your face like a wet fish ...
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Edgy/Dark doesn’t work for Superman. His Villains? Sure. But not Superman.

Even in Dark Knight III, which was incredibly traumatic, all He wanted to do was show his daughter humanity’s potential.

Superman isn't "dark" in Worlds of DC. Not sure where you came up with this. Even after Bruce Wayne confronted him, he sees the news of people in trouble, and saves people. Struggling with the reaction of not living up to the "god" figure is not "dark" or "edgy". It's realistic. He can't save everyone and he has to find a way to live with it. Character development.


Both MoS & BvS are tonally Dark, dower. MoS is not uplifting in contrast. He does heroic things, people call him a hero, etc. but it’s not enough.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Both MoS & BvS are tonally Dark, dower. MoS is not uplifting in contrast. He does heroic things, people call him a hero, etc. but it’s not enough.

"Superman villains can be dark." "...But his movies can't have darkness." Do you realize what a contradiction that is...? Imagine Thanos not having 'dark' motivations and not committing genocide. LOL.

Your circular logic makes this a meaningless conversation. Obviously the "dark" works because BvS Ultimate Cut works, and the Snyder cut is coming. Haters lose.

MOS is in no way, shape, or form "dark" or "dower". Superman is constantly full of hope and motivation. Zod is the dark character. Ready to destroy a planet's inhabitants to rebuild his own. "If there's a chance that surrendering saves the people of Earth, shouldn't I take it?"

Some people just don't get it no matter how much evidence is presented. Have fun not having fun about such greatness.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsonG
I haven't seen the Justice Leauge movie yet. Not quite sure it was worth seeing from the reviews but if this re edit is any good I will most likely give it a watch.

You're lucky.

Snyder Cut will certainly be better - without question. How much better is yet to be known.
Post 154 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

Post 155 IP   flag post
310905 155 30
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.