Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Snyder "Justice League" to be Released in 202111971

Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
BvS isn’t more mature. It’s heavy-handed. There’s a difference.

You liked the DCEU. Cool. But you continually imply that your taste is elevated over that of its critics. And that if people didn’t like it, they didn’t “get” it. Snyder laid everything out in the open. It wasn’t subtle.
yep.. it was slapped over your face like a wet fish ...
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Edgy/Dark doesn’t work for Superman. His Villains? Sure. But not Superman.

Even in Dark Knight III, which was incredibly traumatic, all He wanted to do was show his daughter humanity’s potential.

Superman isn't "dark" in Worlds of DC. Not sure where you came up with this. Even after Bruce Wayne confronted him, he sees the news of people in trouble, and saves people. Struggling with the reaction of not living up to the "god" figure is not "dark" or "edgy". It's realistic. He can't save everyone and he has to find a way to live with it. Character development.


Both MoS & BvS are tonally Dark, dower. MoS is not uplifting in contrast. He does heroic things, people call him a hero, etc. but it’s not enough.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Both MoS & BvS are tonally Dark, dower. MoS is not uplifting in contrast. He does heroic things, people call him a hero, etc. but it’s not enough.

"Superman villains can be dark." "...But his movies can't have darkness." Do you realize what a contradiction that is...? Imagine Thanos not having 'dark' motivations and not committing genocide. LOL.

Your circular logic makes this a meaningless conversation. Obviously the "dark" works because BvS Ultimate Cut works, and the Snyder cut is coming. Haters lose.

MOS is in no way, shape, or form "dark" or "dower". Superman is constantly full of hope and motivation. Zod is the dark character. Ready to destroy a planet's inhabitants to rebuild his own. "If there's a chance that surrendering saves the people of Earth, shouldn't I take it?"

Some people just don't get it no matter how much evidence is presented. Have fun not having fun about such greatness.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsonG
I haven't seen the Justice Leauge movie yet. Not quite sure it was worth seeing from the reviews but if this re edit is any good I will most likely give it a watch.

You're lucky.

Snyder Cut will certainly be better - without question. How much better is yet to be known.
Post 154 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

Post 155 IP   flag post


Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
IF it will be better is also yet to be known..
Post 156 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
@theCapraAegagrus I get it now. You are a Synder fan boy. If one can't acknowledge the mess that Sucker Punch is and was then one really can't be objective about anything the man produces. Any discussion becomes suspect.

The DCEU needs to be shifted to other creators while the direction needs to be given to someone that changes the tone. The edgy dark thing isn’t working. The best 2 DCEU films are more like MCU films, i.e. Wonder Woman and Shazam. Warner Brothers should take note of that.

Incorrect.


I don't know...dark films once in a while sure (I actually loved Watchmen)....but as a business model?? I know... that's one of the reasons I don't take my kid to see DC movies.

I guess mid 40's parents with pre-teens and disposable income aren't the target for their movies?? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I know we can't have Christopher Reeve or Linda Carter, but damned..do they need to make even the costumes darker??

Some people actually like movies that have meaning. Did you miss the part where BvS is heavily inspired by TDKR? Mature content. Not all comic books (and movies) are made for pre-teens. That's a good thing. It's Rated-R after all...


Hey no.. I get it..not everything has to be for pre-teens and stuff can be dark and have meaning...just don't complain about reviews or box office afterwards....

And yes BvS was "inspired" by TDKR...Taco Bell is inspired my Mexican cuisine. BvS missed the mark completely if that was what it was going for (kind of a tragedy all on it's own)... -full points - Snyder cut may indeed be better..just 3 or 4 years too late -most have moved on.

We'll just have to agree to disagree....I'm not in my 20's anymore and am not looking for meaning from films (if I was I would suggest some Charlie Chaplin or even Marx Brothers..a lot of stuff there very poignant to the current economic and political environment)...I just want compelling stories with characters I can feel invested in/or not for 2 or 3 hours, maybe a murder mystery with a twist...
Post 157 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
You know what a really great superhero stand alone team movie was (with meaning even)...Mystery Men

They introduced all the character with backgrounds, motivations, limits on powers...gave them a goal that could only be achieved by working together as a team, all done with good writing and capable actors.

Think I'll go watch that!
Post 158 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
wow..had to re-watch BvS....so sorry Taco Bell....you are far and above the better of the two, at least you know your source material...I mean...you cause horrible diarrhea...but that can be cleaned up..not so with BvS
Post 159 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
at least taco bell comes with a bit of guilty pleasure before it repeats ..

Bvs is entirely unpleasant the whole time and just when you think its over you find out the diarrhea that follows (JLA) is not any better
Post 160 IP   flag post
Collector EbaySeller private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
And yes BvS was "inspired" by TDKR...Taco Bell is inspired my Mexican cuisine. BvS missed the mark completely if that was what it was going for


To me that was the most egregious thing about BvS. It cut the heart out of some legendary stories (TDKR, Death of Superman) and slapped them together. It felt so wasteful and gratuitous. Like watching a Chef create a dish by cutting the 8 oz filet out of two or three 20 pound Salmon and throwing the rest of the fish in the garbage can. I felt like BvS made it less likely that we will ever get a TDKR movie by using the best parts.
Post 161 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Hey no.. I get it..not everything has to be for pre-teens and stuff can be dark and have meaning...just don't complain about reviews or box office afterwards....

And yes BvS was "inspired" by TDKR...Taco Bell is inspired my Mexican cuisine. BvS missed the mark completely if that was what it was going for (kind of a tragedy all on it's own)... -full points - Snyder cut may indeed be better..just 3 or 4 years too late -most have moved on.

We'll just have to agree to disagree....I'm not in my 20's anymore and am not looking for meaning from films (if I was I would suggest some Charlie Chaplin or even Marx Brothers..a lot of stuff there very poignant to the current economic and political environment)...I just want compelling stories with characters I can feel invested in/or not for 2 or 3 hours, maybe a murder mystery with a twist...

Nope and nope.

The Ultimate Edition is a success.

If you're not looking for meaningful films, then why are you watching Worlds of DC...? It's been the same way since Day 1. It'd be like me complaining the MCU is a bunch of buddy-buddy gravity-less popcorn flicks while I continue to pay for them...

"I'm allergic to peanut butter, but I keep eating it." Doesn't mean peanut butter is bad.
Post 162 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
IF it will be better is also yet to be known..

Incorrect.
Post 163 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
This thing with the false dichotomy you are doing is rather annoying...You have basically attempted to argue that if someone doesn't agree with you they are wrong, and they also are ignorant and do not understand the movie or issue.
It is both insulting and rude, please stop it.
People are the by products of their own experiences and perceptions and everyone processes things differently and by different criteria.
Just because someone does not agree with you does not threaten your views, but by the same piece you need to allow others the right disagree or to view things differently.
The forum rules require that you respect others and their rights to their own opinions, and to express those views without harassment, thanks
Post 164 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
This thing with the false dichotomy you are doing is rather annoying...You have basically attempted to argue that if someone doesn't agree with you they are wrong, and they also are ignorant and do not understand the movie or issue.
It is both insulting and rude, please stop it.
People are the by products of their own experiences and perceptions and everyone processes things differently and by different criteria.
Just because someone does not agree with you does not threaten your views, but by the same piece you need to allow others the right disagree or to view things differently.
The forum rules require that you respect others and their rights to their own opinions, and to express those views without harassment, thanks


Well put, @Darkseid_of_town.

@theCapraAegagrus It’s your opinion BvS & MoS are “awesome” & solid portrayals of the characters. Cool.

In my experience, and I do have experience, having been a collector & comic book reader for about 25 years now, they are not.

The fact is, we disagree and that’s fine.

Moving on . . .
Post 165 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
This thing with the false dichotomy you are doing is rather annoying...You have basically attempted to argue that if someone doesn't agree with you they are wrong, and they also are ignorant and do not understand the movie or issue.
It is both insulting and rude, please stop it.
People are the by products of their own experiences and perceptions and everyone processes things differently and by different criteria.
Just because someone does not agree with you does not threaten your views, but by the same piece you need to allow others the right disagree or to view things differently.
The forum rules require that you respect others and their rights to their own opinions, and to express those views without harassment, thanks

Incorrect. There are aspects of the movie that are certainly not understood (or intentionally misrepresented) by some. Hence the goal posts being continually moved. There's a difference between saying "it doesn't work" and "I don't like it". It works. If you disagree, then you simply don't understand. Valid opinions must have some objective to stand on.

Being insulted is your own fault. I am not being rude. Stop crying wolf. Facts don't care about your feelings.
Post 166 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Well put, @Darkseid_of_town.

@theCapraAegagrus It’s your opinion BvS & MoS are “awesome” & solid portrayals of the characters. Cool.

In my experience, and I do have experience, having been a collector & comic book reader for about 25 years now, they are not.

The fact is, we disagree and that’s fine.

Moving on . . .

Not "well put", but that's besides the matter.

Your opinion is respected - when it's conveyed as such. Claiming things "don't work" has to have some objective basis. As I mentioned, the goal posts keep being moved when I point out where the faults in certain arguments lay.
Post 167 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
People have expressed why BvS & MoS “didn’t work”. The implication being, why it didn’t work for them. They aren’t wrong for saying that.

It isn’t the Batman or the Superman I know and love (though Batman was a little closer to the mark) but it worked for you. Great.
Post 168 IP   flag post
Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
People have expressed why BvS & MoS “didn’t work”. The implication being, why it didn’t work for them. They aren’t wrong for saying that.

It isn’t the Batman or the Superman I know and love (though Batman was a little closer to the mark) but it worked for you. Great.

They're wrong for the former, because it does work. Context matters. You have to quantify how/why it doesn't work "for you". That's where a form of objectivity has to support your argument. Psychobabble doesn't form a valid argument if you're looking to convince someone of a/your perception.

When your premise is, "not the Superman and/or Batman that I know and love", then your opinion is moot on these particular movies because it's a modern character development of Superman, and TDKR Batman. Those aren't their typical comic adaptations.

Close-minded perceptions don't matter. The movies were never going to hit home with you if you didn't give them a fair shake. It's fine to want one thing, but if that's all you're looking for, these were never going to be 'for you'. If they're not for you - then we can't take your criticism seriously.

To reiterate: If you aren't open-minded about Worlds of DC, it's unwise to attempt convincing someone that your opinion matters and/or is correct, because nothing the movie did was going to entertain you based on your own preconceptions.

There is nothing wrong with wanting only the Superman/Batman you know and love, either. Just don't watch these movies if that's all you're looking for. You're not going to be entertained and you're not going to fairly observe them.
Post 169 IP   flag post
318247 169 19
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.