Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Snyder "Justice League" to be Released in 202111971

PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
thanks for the lecture...but perhaps you should apply what you are preaching to yourself you know?
Also the insults are tiring..and were reported already...so knock it off, thanks.

I don't think that the mods will fall for the crying wolf game. Sorry not sorry.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think anyone will see insulting forum members as a game ...sorry not sorry
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
I don't think anyone will see insulting forum members as a game ...sorry not sorry

Discuss the topic instead of crying wolf, please.

If you're not here to contribute, there are plenty of other threads to get triggered by.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I agree, stop insulting and contribute something of value, thanks
Post 79 IP   flag post
Someone get this guy a dictionary for X-Mas. LOL.
Post 80 IP   flag post

Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
The passive aggression is strong in this thread.

I think all of the Snyder movies have some good parts and then fail to deliver in many others.

Man of Steel had some moments, but the fight scene and destruction of metropolis seemed over the top.

Batman versus Superman had some moments, but tried to do too much in one movie.

I won’t get into how the fight between the two was pretty unnecessary, but it was a fanboys dream to see it on screen for many.

Justice League is mostly a mess and I think it’s because it tried to break away from the foundation the other movies laid down.

I don’t remember who mentioned it, but even having that genetic score seemed to affect the experience.

I hope DC gets it together because the world needs a good justice league movie.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
The passive aggression is strong in this thread.
I think all of the Snyder movies have some good parts and then fail to deliver in many others.
Man of Steel had some moments, but the fight scene and destruction of metropolis seemed over the top.
Batman versus Superman had some moments, but tried to do too much in one movie.
I won’t get into how the fight between the two was pretty unnecessary, but it was a fanboys dream to see it on screen for many.
Justice League is mostly a mess and I think it’s because it tried to break away from the foundation the other movies laid down.
I don’t remember who mentioned it, but even having that generic score seemed to affect the experience.
I hope DC gets it together because the world needs a good justice league movie.

Post 82 IP   flag post
@theCapraAegagrus we’re you the one who mentioned the score and not using Junkie XL?

I don’t see that criticism often, but I think it’s an important one.

There was just something off about not hearing Superman or Batman’s theme during the movie.

I can’t speak for everyone, but I think it’s one of the reasons I didn’t care for it. I just didn’t feel a connection to the movie.

Having said all that, don’t bank on my opinion too much because I like age of ultranationalist better than avengers.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I find it hilarious that the Synder fanboys always get around to shouting about studio interference changing his movies. If that is the case then he has no backbone and won't fight for what he believes in or he enjoys seeing his work turned into what the studio thinks it should become. Either way, that isn't the makings of a great director.
Post 84 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
I find it hilarious that the Synder fanboys always get around to shouting about studio interference changing his movies. If that is the case then he has no backbone and won't fight for what he believes in or he enjoys seeing his work turned into what the studio thinks it should become. Either way, that isn't the makings of a great director.

Nice try, but, he gets Director's Cuts for a reason.

Studio is in charge. They literally fired him because he fought for Justice League.
Post 85 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Rediculous comment.
Post 86 IP   flag post
Quote:
@theCapraAegagrus we’re you the one who mentioned the score and not using Junkie XL?

I don’t see that criticism often, but I think it’s an important one.

There was just something off about not hearing Superman or Batman’s theme during the movie.

I can’t speak for everyone, but I think it’s one of the reasons I didn’t care for it. I just didn’t feel a connection to the movie.

Having said all that, don’t bank on my opinion too much because I like age of ultranationalist better than avengers.

Yes sir.

Wonder Woman's, too. Junkie XL apparently has scores for all of Aquaman, The Flash, and Cyborg as well. Music for The Big 3 is really good and will make Snyder's JL that much better.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
for me it's not about copying marvel but there are some things I think marvel did really well. Justice League basically introduced 3 of the 6 members in this film...that's rough. Maybe a 3.5hr cut would fill in the back story and make us care about Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg...but that is just plain wrong, that's not how story telling has worked since the invention of the written word (and probably before hand too!). I mean..fine...the way they portrayed Flash and Cyborg was pitiful at best and possibly they will never deserve their own movies....but at least introduce them in other characters movies as something other than a screen shot.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...why is Flash even in this thing??? Not a detective or critical thinker AT ALL like in the comics and only skill is running fast...but wait....Superman and Wonder Woman are equally fast (when the script tells them to be) and have super strength!! Flash is redundant.

Who knows...maybe the Snyder cut will make things a little better...I maintain that the best solution would have been a slow build to a team even against a worthy adversary.....don't even get me started on Steppenwolf and all the short comings there...John Kay should launch a law suit for defiling his bands good name!!!!!!
Post 88 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
for me it's not about copying marvel but there are some things I think marvel did really well. Justice League basically introduced 3 of the 6 members in this film...that's rough. Maybe a 3.5hr cut would fill in the back story and make us care about Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg...but that is just plain wrong, that's not how story telling has worked since the invention of the written word (and probably before hand too!). I mean..fine...the way they portrayed Flash and Cyborg was pitiful at best and possibly they will never deserve their own movies....but at least introduce them in other characters movies as something other than a screen shot.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...why is Flash even in this thing??? Not a detective or critical thinker AT ALL like in the comics and only skill is running fast...but wait....Superman and Wonder Woman are equally fast (when the script tells them to be) and have super strength!! Flash is redundant.

Who knows...maybe the Snyder cut will make things a little better...I maintain that the best solution would have been a slow build to a team even against a worthy adversary.....don't even get me started on Steppenwolf and all the short comings there...John Kay should launch a law suit for defiling his bands good name!!!!!!

Are you equally critical of both Spider-Man's and Black Panther's shoehorn into Civil War?

Of course the MCU has done a ton of s^&* 'right'. That doesn't mean that everyone should copy their formula. Hel, they copy their own formula and for me it's getting bland.

Ciarin Hinds (spelling?) was not happy with how Steppenwolf played out. He's been an avid supporter of the Snyder Cut from Day 1. What Whedon did was abominable. He (Joss) was on-record as saying that "Steppenwolf is the worst villain in comics".
Post 89 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

Rediculous comment.

Post 90 IP   flag post
Quote:

I think a good start would have been to introduce a Superman who is, well, more like the MCU's Steve Rogers/Captain America. Instead we got the "edgy", totally screwed-up, whiner, anguished, crybaby Superman that Synder gave us.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I think a good start would have been to introduce a Superman who is, well, more like the MCU's Steve Rogers/Captain America. Instead we got the "edgy", totally screwed-up, whiner, anguished, crybaby Superman that Synder gave us.

Ridiculous comment.
Post 92 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
Quote:

Ridiculous comment.

He’s not wrong. Superman, like Steve Rogers should portray hope and positivity. Superman’s anguish is that he can’t save everyone. He desperately wants to, but can’t. He should be a ray of light, no matter what. This should be the contrast between him & Batman. Despite his hardships, he’s positive. This should also be portrayed in the color palate of the film. Less grim angst.
Post 93 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

He’s not wrong. Superman, like Steve Rogers should portray hope and positivity. Superman’s anguish is that he can’t save everyone. He desperately wants to, but can’t. He should be a ray of light, no matter what. This should be the contrast between him & Batman. Despite his hardships, he’s positive. This should also be portrayed in the color palate of the film. Less grim angst.

Superman isn't magically perfect.

It's an origin story. Not "same old same old". Modern Superman, people. Character development.

He was pretty damn positive in Man of Steel. BvS portrayed his struggles. Justice League is to be the first glimpse of "The Perfect Boy Scout". They try to humanize him so you don't complain that he's pure OP with no character (Captain Marvel).
Post 94 IP   flag post
And Snyder’s refusal to honor what the character is, at his core, is the problem.
Post 95 IP   flag post
Quote:
And Snyder’s refusal to honor what the character is, at his core, is the problem.

That simply isn't correct.

Did you forget that "if god is all-powerful, than he cannot be all good" dialogue? Superman is all-good.
Post 96 IP   flag post
He didn’t portray him as hopeful or positive. Momentary commentary doesn’t fix the lack of personification.
Post 97 IP   flag post
Quote:
He didn’t portray him as hopeful or positive. Momentary commentary doesn’t fix the lack of personification.

Did. You. Even. Watch. Man of Steel...?

Because in the context of Worlds of DC, your comment makes no sense.

Are you one of those guys who thinks the always-cheerful never face adversity? 'Cause that's an unrealistic expectation of psyche. Sounds like you want a robotic Superman devoid of all personality. Captain Marvel must be more your style.

Superman is all-good in Worlds of DC. Full-stop. Facing adversity does not ultimately divert one from their natural inclinations. He killed the rest of his entire species to give the people of Earth a chance. He sacrificed his life to Doomsday to, again, save Earth. Took a nuke to the face in an attempt to kill him, too. Literally killed himself for Earth and you're still not satisfied. LOL.
Post 98 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:

Did. You. Even. Watch. Man of Steel...?

Because in the context of Worlds of DC, your comment makes no sense.

Are you one of those guys who thinks the always-cheerful never face adversity? 'Cause that's an unrealistic expectation of psyche. Sounds like you want a robotic Superman devoid of all personality. Captain Marvel must be more your style.

Superman is all-good in Worlds of DC. Full-stop. Facing adversity does not ultimately divert one from their natural inclinations. He killed the rest of his entire species to give the people of Earth a chance. He sacrificed his life to Doomsday to, again, save Earth. Literally killed himself for Earth and you're still not satisfied. LOL.

Because the tone is all wrong.

Of course he needs emotion. But he shouldn’t be gloomy. It’s his overall portrayal that was off.

BvS & Man Of Steel are tonally similar. They should be a total contrast.
Post 99 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Sure...marvel hasn't been perfect...heaven forbid the whole premise of Black Panther is a bit stupid....but...by and large they get character development right...dont change the characters actions or motivations or even powers and abilities to suit plot points. Justice League was just the wrong movie at the wrong point in the development of a DC universe.

JL Bats finds WW and brings her back into action since WW I...and now we have a 1984 follow up??...inconsistent universe building....there 100% will be some BS plot tool to somehow make everyone in normal DC continuity forget about 1980's WW....wait for it

Dare i say they should have had 2 WW films before a team up flick?
Post 100 IP   flag post
Quote:
Sure...marvel hasn't been perfect...heaven forbid the whole premise of Black Panther is a bit stupid....but...by and large they get character development right...dont change the characters actions or motivations or even powers and abilities to suit plot points. Justice League was just the wrong movie at the wrong point in the development of a DC universe.

JL Bats finds WW and brings her back into action since WW I...and now we have a 1984 follow up??...inconsistent universe building....there 100% will be some BS plot tool to somehow make everyone in normal DC continuity forget about 1980's WW....wait for it

I disagree with your "wrong time" on JL.

Wonder Woman's 2nd prequel doesn't make sense. 100% agree on that one.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Quote:

Because the tone is all wrong.

Of course he needs emotion. But he shouldn’t be gloomy. It’s his overall portrayal that was off.

BvS & Man Of Steel are tonally similar. They should be a total contrast.

Post 102 IP   flag post
I think man of steel has aged better than BvS.

I think the thing people struggle with is the comparisons to the 1978 Superman.

In that movie, people were accepting of Superman, in awe of him and willing to follow his lead.

While Snyder missed opportunities in his movies, I think he was on the right track.

If an all powerful alien showed up on earth today, he’d be treated with a lot fear, suspicion and paranoia.

I think Jonathan Kent more or less states this when he’s basically telling Clark he should have let those kids die.

I think we want Christopher Reeves Superman, but that’s just not the world we live in.

And, just for the record, I seem to dislike most Snyder movies, but he’s also not the reverse Midas, either.

I’d like to check out his cut, but my expectations are not especially high.

I’d love to be surprised, though.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Quote:
I think man of steel has aged better than BvS.

I think the thing people struggle with is the comparisons to the 1978 Superman.

In that movie, people were accepting of Superman, in awe of him and willing to follow his lead.

While Snyder missed opportunities in his movies, I think he was on the right track.

If an all powerful alien showed up on earth today, he’d be treated with a lot fear, suspicion and paranoia.

I think Jonathan Kent more or less states this when he’s basically telling Clark he should have let those kids die.

I think we want Christopher Reeves Superman, but that’s just not the world we live in.

And, just for the record, I seem to dislike most Snyder movies, but he’s also not the reverse Midas, either.

I’d like to check out his cut, but my expectations are not especially high.

I’d love to be surprised, though.

Yes, it suffers from comparison. And I absolutely agree that the world at large would initially fear Superman.

It’s stuff like Pa Kent even suggesting he should have let kids die that does not ring true to the character.

He should be encouraging him to show the world his potential as well as our own. Letting Jonathan die the way he did was so wrong. Encouraging Superman to hide himself & be afraid was a disservice.

By the end of the movie, the world in general should be applauding him. Batman could still be suspicious of him after seeing the destruction Zod brought to earth. There’s still room for BvS with that adjustment.
Post 104 IP   flag post
@00slim

I agree with you on Pa Kent. That was one area that stuck out to me, and not in a good way.

But, him telling Clark that maybe he should have let them die, made sense to me.

I can see why it wouldn’t to you, though.

I just hope Cavill stays as Superman. I like him.
Post 105 IP   flag post
598062 169 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.