Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Snyder "Justice League" to be Released in 202111971

PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
According to the youtube clip, Synder's vision is a suicidal Batman, and a tortured Cyborg who is haunted by the argument he had with his mother causing the vehicle crash that kills her, his lost “normal” life, and the death of his father. Sure sounds like an ultra fun movie.

No wonder Warner Brothers changed directions.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
😂 F U N !
Post 28 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus

This sounds like it's going to be awesome!!!!! Can't wait for this cut!!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I like the way the characters and their motivations are fleshed out, which was one of the main complaints from the original movie
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
What I’m wondering is, will this be the full story?

In the original press release, ‘Justice League’ was announced as a two part film.

clickable text

Now, when the film changed hands, or perhaps even before that, the plan was changed to make it a single film.

But, did Snyder film everything he needed? Is this 3 1/2 cut the full story he planned? If it ends on a cliffhanger for a part two that will never happen, what’s the point?

My expectations are low for this, but if it’s the whole story, I’ll at least pick it up on Blu-Ray when it’s $10 or less.
Post 31 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
My expectations are low for this, but if it’s the whole story, I’ll at least pick it up on Blu-Ray when it’s $10 or less.

Agreed. *Yawn*
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
What I’m wondering is, will this be the full story?

In the original press release, ‘Justice League’ was announced as a two part film.

clickable text

Now, when the film changed hands, or perhaps even before that, the plan was changed to make it a single film.

But, did Snyder film everything he needed? Is this 3 1/2 cut the full story he planned? If it ends on a cliffhanger for a part two that will never happen, what’s the point?

It will be the full Justice League story.

He filmed almost everything he needed for "Part 1". There will be minor re-shoots to complete this for HBO MAX. This was never intended to be filmed back-to-back like Infinity War and Endgame, though.

There is a sort of "cliffhanger" like there is at the end of The Avengers. A modern-day glimpse at Darkseid. This project could possibly bring Snyder back to complete Man of Steel 2 and Justice League 2. We all know that Worlds of DC could use an architect. At least Snyder had/has a plan, unlike WB.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Snyder still did Batman vs superman .. which is arguably worse than the cinema cut of justice league

At best I'll wait for it to appear on streaming service I already subscribe to ...
Post 34 IP   flag post
As it has been mentioned by others on social media:

If you want(ed) the Snyder Cut, do not pirate it. Sign up for HBO Max (or buy media) when it drops. If they don't see a meaningful financial reaction to this project, then they (studios) are not gonna care about fandom outcry. They need an incentive.

Funny thing is; Justice League is the only thing I've ever pirated myself. I wasn't gonna pay for the Theatrical Cut. LOL.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
Snyder still did Batman vs superman .. which is arguably worse than the cinema cut of justice league

Oh, it most certainly is. Again, JL was better than movies like Iron Man 2 and Age of Ultron.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy
Quote:

Oh, it most certainly is. Again, JL was better than movies like Iron Man 2 and Age of Ultron.

100% disagree.

BvS Ultimate Cut is awesome. JL, while not god-awful, doesn't touch it (or Age of Ultron).
Post 37 IP   flag post
The ultimate cute of BvS is watchable. That’s the highest compliment I can give it. They tried.

I didn’t like Iron Man 2 or Age of Ultron, but if i had to choose, I’d still choose one of those.
Post 38 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm with @theCapraAegagrus on this one but I understand that we are in a minority around here.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
The ultimate cute of BvS is watchable. That’s the highest compliment I can give it. They tried.

I didn’t like Iron Man 2 or Age of Ultron, but if i had to choose, I’d still choose one of those.

Oh, the Martha scene.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:

Oh, the Martha scene.

And any scene with Eisenberg. Yikes.

I believe he could play Luthor. Snyder just had to rein him in a bit. But he didn’t. . . for some reason.
Post 41 IP   flag post
1 scene does not ruin an entire movie.

As for Luthor, you do realize that he is Lex Luthor's son, right? Alexander. He eventually turns into (would have) a sort-of Lex you know/understand. But, screw character development for villains, right...?
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Disagree.. admittedly the movie was a bit silly and badly written before hitting that scene .. but that one scene totally obliterated any chance of redemption.

Was completely moronic. I literally laughed out loud and switched it off and came back a few weeks later to finish where I left off. But while finishing think got distracted with other more interesting things , like cleaning the cat litter
Post 43 IP   flag post
I’m saying he should have been better written and developed throughout the movie. Snyder had plans for him to be more menacing in other films? Cool.

It doesn’t change the fact that he brings down the movie in every scene he’s in.

There’s really no point in discussing it further. I have too many issues with the movie. I’m glad you found joy in it.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:
Disagree.. admittedly the movie was a bit silly and badly written before hitting that scene .. but that one scene totally obliterated any chance of redemption.

Was completely moronic. I literally laughed out loud and switched it off and came back a few weeks later to finish where I left off. But while finishing think got distracted with other more interesting things , like cleaning the cat litter

Not really. They set it up well. Apparently you don't understand it.

It's not perfect, but, it does make sense.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
I’m saying he should have been better written and developed throughout the movie. Snyder had plans for him to be more menacing in other films? Cool.

It doesn’t change the fact that he brings down the movie in every scene he’s in.

There’s really no point in discussing it further. I have too many issues with the movie. I’m glad you found joy in it.

The people who have problems with Lex's origin are likely the same as those who don't like Man of Steel. You may or may not be one of those viewers, but, the criticism is certainly identical.

Worlds of DC wasn't intended to be 'more of the same' stuff.

Superman's origin was intended to ground him in humanity, so the ideal that everyone 'should' strive towards would have compelling elements. "People hate what they don't understand."

Lex is the same. Do you empathize with a billionaire who blindly hates a powerful alien-god (like classic Luthor)? What about a guy who struggles with the idea of an all-powerful god who did nothing to help/save him? Motivations matter. He struggles with his own disturbed disillusioned philosophies. He's obviously no Thanos, and we're naturally inclined to divert from his mentality, but intended on making him relatable on some levels.

This all falls on deaf ears if you don't care, of course.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Let’s not degrade the discussion to personal insults. He was calling out the movie, not you as a person.
Post 47 IP   flag post
The scene set it up for Batman to be defeated by any super villain that utters the name Martha. At least that's what the "Synder mythos" taught everyone.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Let’s not degrade the discussion to personal insults. He was calling out the movie, not you as a person.

Lmfao how is that an "insult"...?
Post 49 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
The scene set it up for Batman to be defeated by any super villain that utters the name Martha. At least that's what the "Synder mythos" taught everyone.

Nope. It explicitly has to do with Superman's 'humanity'. It's a battle of ideologies. Superman isn't a villain. That's the whole point.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

The people who have problems with Lex's origin are likely the same as those who don't like Man of Steel. You may or may not be one of those viewers, but, the criticism is certainly identical.

Superman's origin was intended to ground him in humanity, so the ideal that everyone 'should' strive towards would have compelling elements. "People hate what they don't understand."

Lex is the same. Do you empathize with a billionaire who blindly hates a powerful alien-god (like classic Luthor)? What about a guy who struggles with the idea of an all-powerful god who did nothing to help/save him? Motivations matter. He struggles with his own disturbed disillusioned philosophies. He's obviously no Thanos, and we're naturally inclined to divert from his mentality, but intended on making him relatable on some levels.

His portrayal. The way he acted, was the problem, not his motivations.

And Man of Steel had a whole different set of issues. Mostly, a fight scene at the end that felt like a full half hour. And Superman being raised to be afraid.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Lmfao how is that an "insult"...?
When someone does not agree with a given viewpoint, implying they "don't understand it" is not only insulting, it is condescending.....I agree with Slim
Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town

When someone does not agree with a given viewpoint, implying they "don't understand it" is not only insulting, it is condescending.....I agree with Slim

There are no implications. S/he obviously does not understand it.

If you watch a movie about calculating a Goldilocks Zone, and you call the theory of hydrogen fusion "moronic", then you don't understand thermonuclear astrophysics.

It's not an insult. Don't cry wolf.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

His portrayal. The way he acted, was the problem, not his motivations.

And Man of Steel had a whole different set of issues. Mostly, a fight scene at the end that felt like a full half hour. And Superman being raised to be afraid.

That's fine.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town

There are no implications. S/he obviously does not understand it.

If you watch a movie about calculating a Goldilocks Zone, and you call the theory of hydrogen fusion "moronic", then you don't understand thermonuclear astrophysics.

It's not an insult. Don't cry wolf.

We’re talking about a movie that is quite simple & straightforward. Nothing as complicated as hydrogen fusion.

It was quite insulting.
Post 55 IP   flag post
601380 169 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.