Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Snyder "Justice League" to be Released in 202111971

You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
For the few, like myself, who might be interested...

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/zack-snyder-release-the-snyder-cut-justice-league-hbo-max-1234611928/
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
I'm interested. Just wondering why we have to wait even longer.
Post 2 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Frontier2Xterra Good question.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra

The general rule is follow the money. Most likely the timing is intended to help build buzz and momentum for something else that makes money...like another DC superhero movie.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller ...or HBO Max. But, yep, you're right.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra

The general rule is follow the money. Most likely the timing is intended to help build buzz and momentum for something else that makes money...like another DC superhero movie.

That execs will cut to pure trash and we'll have to wait years for the directors cut lol. Vicious cycle.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Is Hbo Max even going to have anything new upon release day?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
So, from what I remember, Snyder planned a 2 or 3 movie arc for his ‘Justice League’ movie.

His initial cut would be half, if not 1/3 his overall story.

Now, word is, they’re spending an additional 20 million to finalize this cut. So, as long as it’s a complete story, I’m semi-interested.

That said, I’m more interested in Whedon’s original 3 hour cut of ‘Avengers’.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty sure most DC movies are dead to me....maybe Shazam??? if they play their cards right and release it 5 years from now then no...
Post 9 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
DC movies are dead to me....maybe Shazam?

A year ago I took my 10 year old daughter to see a daytime matinee of Shazam. Last week I heard her in her room laughing...watching Shazam for the 3rd time. I definitely think the Marvel Family can be a special franchise if DC handles it right.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
DC movies are dead to me....maybe Shazam?

A year ago I took my 10 year old daughter to see a daytime matinee of Shazam. Last week I heard her in her room laughing...watching Shazam for the 3rd time. I definitely think the Marvel Family can be a special franchise if DC handles it right.

100% the only problem is they are taking too long between movies. My son really enjoyed Shazam but by the time they release more in that universe he will likely have aged out.
Almost like DC movies have no confidence in what they release so they don't have sequels already in production for a quick follow up.......now...most of their movies should maybe have never been released so I can see their surprise when one hits the mark!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Bring on the New Gods
Post 12 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm 100% sure that the Directors Cut will solve the poor acting and correct the abysmal CG
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Snyder's attempt to turn all the characters he touched after the Watchmen into the Watchmen didn't work for me. The moody, crybaby Superman that he birthed got tiresome after about 20 mins.

Can't wait to see his take on the "your mom is name Martha scene".

Post 14 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
HBO is putting the $20 million needed into finishing the VFX of his 3.5-hour cut. That's why it won't be released until 2021. They're re-assembling the entire original post-production team.

The good guys won, again. We, the fans, won. I wonder where all the "Snyder Cut doesn't exist and will never be released" naysayers are now?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Unless they redo the whole movie, i can't see a recut doing much good

One of the worst contemporary superhero movies out there ..
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
Unless they redo the whole movie, i can't see a recut doing much good

One of the worst contemporary superhero movies out there ..

Only about 30 mins of the theatrical cut was Zack Snyder material... Out of Snyder's 210 minute tape...

It's going to be entirely different.

You could still end up not liking it, but it'll be a completely new experience, and it'll be of the original vision.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
People who hate the JL movie I just don’t agree with. It was certainly better than things like Iron Man 2, Age of Ultron, etc.

Also, what has Zack Snyder done that is very good, other than 300? Watchmen was neat, but fairly soulless. Man of Steel was not good. His whole take on the DCU seems like a mistake. Hate saying that, as he’s a fan of comics.

Having said all that, I’ll be looking forward to seeing this.
Post 18 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Only about 30 mins of the theatrical cut was Zack Snyder material... Out of Snyder's 210 minute tape

I’m not sure where you’re getting that number. The producer of the film said about 80%-85% of the theatrical cut was Snyder’s work with the remainder being Whedon’s reshoots. Still a significant percentage.

I’ll watch this new cut if it gets released on video and I can pick it up for $10. I just don’t think Snyder is a good director. He’s at his best when he’s basically adapting material shot for shot like he did with 300 and Watchmen but I don’t think his more original work has been good and I can’t imagine this new cut will change that opinion, especially if the extended cut of Batman v Superman is anything to go by.
Post 19 IP   flag post
People that say that they want a Synder JLA cut tend to block out that he was the director and writer of Sucker Punch.

Post 20 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
He also directed the Watchmen and 300.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:
Only about 30 mins of the theatrical cut was Zack Snyder material... Out of Snyder's 210 minute tape

I’m not sure where you’re getting that number. The producer of the film said about 80%-85% of the theatrical cut was Snyder’s work with the remainder being Whedon’s reshoots. Still a significant percentage.

I’ll watch this new cut if it gets released on video and I can pick it up for $10. I just don’t think Snyder is a good director. He’s at his best when he’s basically adapting material shot for shot like he did with 300 and Watchmen but I don’t think his more original work has been good and I can’t imagine this new cut will change that opinion, especially if the extended cut of Batman v Superman is anything to go by.

clickable text

People that worked with Snyder on the movie and didn't recognize most of the theatrical cut. They've said that only 20-30% of the content was Snyder's. Principle photographers, assistant directors, etc. They didn't use Junkie XL's scores. Whedon wrote 80 pages of script. Heavy and expensive re-shoots. VFX were not crisp because Whedon changed the color tone that sets the stage for the VFX artists (can't remember what this is called, but for example, the end-movie Russia stuff was dark and bluish and Whedon changed it to purple/red/orange).

Tough for me to find the tweets when this movie is big news right now.
Post 22 IP   flag post
A movie that includes Darkseid, Vulko and more Mera, Iris West, Cyborg's mom (and history), all of the stuff that Snyder has teased on Vero, and all of the other stuff confirmed by his staffs is certainly going to contribute to an entirely different movie and experience.

A lot of the things wrong with JL are shoehorned heroes that we can't/don't empathize with, inconsistent tones, poor VFX, an unmemorable score, confusing motivation for Steppenwolf, no idea what the Mother Boxes are or how/why they work, and I could go on for awhile.

It's not the worst movie, but all of the things leaked that were cut from Snyder's vision paint the picture of a movie that just makes more sense.
Post 23 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I'll be watching this film for sure!
Post 24 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@theCapraAegagrus We’ll have to wait and see how it turns out, again, I am not optimistic based on Snyder’s past work
Post 25 IP   flag post
Post 26 IP   flag post
According to the youtube clip, Synder's vision is a suicidal Batman, and a tortured Cyborg who is haunted by the argument he had with his mother causing the vehicle crash that kills her, his lost “normal” life, and the death of his father. Sure sounds like an ultra fun movie.

No wonder Warner Brothers changed directions.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
😂 F U N !
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:

This sounds like it's going to be awesome!!!!! Can't wait for this cut!!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I like the way the characters and their motivations are fleshed out, which was one of the main complaints from the original movie
Post 30 IP   flag post
600893 169 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.