CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help Needed

ghost rider 15 (new to grading comics)11960

Collector CarsonG private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Nice books - classic cover!!

A good resource is an Overstreet Grading Guide! (any of the 3? versions)

Both are nice books but have some issues that a press could fix. Both have indents/creases on the covers and some spine creases/ticks...they don't appear to be colour breaking on the black cover and it's hard to tell on the gold. Gold also appears to have a little spine roll

As is I would say 7 to 7.5? - assuming back covers are in similar condition

If they are non-colour breaking then a press could bring you into the 9++ area
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Ghost Rider #15
Glow in the Dark (Classic Cover)
2nd Printing

Spine roll, few non-color breaking spine bends, two color breaking spine bends, corners are still sharp, just needs to be pressed back into shape; and all indentations pressed out as well.

IMO, if you get it pressed/reshaped it would probably recieve a 8.5 to a 9.0 due to the two major spine bends that break color. Can't see the back cover; hopefully there are no color rubs. If the two major spine bends don't actually break color, then possibly a 9.2 to a 9.4

Ghost Rider #15
Glow in the Dark (Classic Cover)
1st Printing

Only see a few non-color breaking spine bends and a few indentations that can be pressed out. Corners look sharp except for the bottom right front cover. Can't see the back cover; hopefully there are no color rubs.

IMO, if you get it pressed/reshaped it would probably recieve a 9.4 give or take due to the bottom right corner.

BTW: Really nice comics for any collector.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
I really love this cover. Saddens me that spawn never got a glow in the dark
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I have a copy of the Overstreet grading guide if you want to borrow it. I could also show you some graded books which is also a good way to learn.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I love that series. Nice books. I’ve wondered how page whiteness is determined on books with black pages🧐
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector CarsonG private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips I have a digital copy myself but seeing some graded books is a great idea and I would appreciate that.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@CarsonG this is good learning experience/exercise. Just grab a few comics from your collection (like you been doing) grade them yourself first.

Write down the comic title & issue, then take notes on the condition. Then put down a grade of what you think it should be.

Next, take pics and upload them here for us to grade and see if your grading is getting closer to us veteran collectors grading.

See if you missed things, or under/over graded. It takes time to learn, but doing this will probably help cut that time down.
Post 8 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@CarsonG This guide could help you as well:
https://www.cbcscomics.com/comics-grading-scale
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
I think the 2nd print copy is in VF+ (8.5) and NM- (9.2) for the 1st print. You may want to take a look at this site https://www.comicbookgradingtool.com to help with what to look for when you grade your books. You can select various defects and it'll give you an estimated grade. I don't know how accurate the grades are but at least it gives you an idea of what it may be, as long as you're honest with the book's defect.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
I think the 2nd print copy is in VF+ (8.5) and NM- (9.2) for the 1st print. You may want to take a look at this site https://www.comicbookgradingtool.com to help with what to look for when you grade your books. You can select various defects and it'll give you an estimated grade. I don't know how accurate the grades are but at least it gives you an idea of what it may be, as long as you're honest with the book's defect.

OMG!! just had a look at that site - awesome!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE

OMG!! just had a look at that site - awesome!!

Checked my FF 150 CBCS 6.5 It’s pretty close. based on the graders notes I selected all options that were the same or similar to the notes. The grading tool shows me 7.0
Post 12 IP   flag post
Grading tool tells me my Jimmy Olsen 134 is a 4.0...I would have said 3 to 4 so I say a good tool!!!

Not bad since I don't think I paid more than $5 or $10 fur this in the early 90's
Post 13 IP   flag post
600440 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?