Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Amspider private msg quote post Address this user
I was thinking of getting this book cleaned and pressed. Do you think it will bump up the grade?? I just bought it. I don’t have the graders notes. Thanks as always

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
How is the back cover?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Cool_Fool private msg quote post Address this user
For such a beauty of a book, I would spend the money and get the grader notes before letting ANYONE clean and press it, especially since it has 3 signatures. Great find.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Best I can do until it arrives. I will send more detailed pictures upon arrival. Thanks

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector JerrySS private msg quote post Address this user
Going to get this ASM 300 graded as well at some point. Maybe pressed too - I do have that small tear on the back bottom.

Post 5 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Unfortunately, you'll need the grader's notes before making that decision. Need to see what is a pressable defect or unpressable defect.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_Fool
For such a beauty of a book, I would spend the money and get the grader notes before letting ANYONE clean and press it, especially since it has 3 signatures. Great find.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Unfortunately, you'll need the grader's notes before making that decision. Need to see what is a pressable defect or unpressable defect.

100%.

Pay the $5-$10 for the notes from CGC, it will give the best indication of the possible benefits of Pressing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Here are the notes. Please let me know what you ALL think.

Post 8 IP   flag post
I also picked up this nugget
Here are the notes on this one

Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Light creasing MIGHT be helped by pressing. The other flaws won’t be helped by pressing.

Hard to say if it’s worth it.
Post 10 IP   flag post

Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
A clean and press definitely won't help with a press on those defects.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
No those grades with notes will not help much with pressing. Leave them alone. All unpressable defects.
Post 13 IP   flag post
601456 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?