Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPComics Modern AgeSignatures

Signature Series - Miller, Kubert, Janson,1193

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Last night on eBay a seller had a large number of DKIII Miller, Kubert, Janson, and Azzarello signature series books auctions end. Some of those books apparently came out of Frank Miller's personal collection (that's what the label stated). The prices ranged from $78.00 to $234.00.

Since I'm just starting to get an interest in this area of the hobby can anybody step in an advise what to look for when collecting SS books? Any help would be appreciated.

Link to the books I was looking at:
clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
That's an auction, so expect those prices to go up. Miller gets $150 these days for just his signature. My advice is buy only things that you love. If you buy because you think you can make money on it, you will probably be disappointed.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I'm surprised to see so many of those close at less than $100. They may just be recent copies of DKIII, but graded books alone are expensive enough much less copies signed by Miller, Janson, and Kubert.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector BluSkyComics private msg quote post Address this user
I am also getting into the CGC SS resale business myself just recently.
I've also inquired with those doing it for awhile. I've been told to get only high grade copies signed. Multiple sigs are more in demand. It is best to have a team to get a ton of signatures at a busy and packed Con. It's harder to sell signed books but more profitable.

Seems like common seems for the most part.
I do see some risk. I was eyeing a raw Spawn 227 sketch variant for $400. Then the same book slabbed CGC SS 9.8 signed by McFarlane sold for $420.

I am headed to LONG M Long Beach Comic Con this weekend with about 30-40 tagged for sigs. I'm prioritizing which ones should go to CGC, CBCS, or just the rsa book signed.

I guess I'm also trying to figure out a profitable CGC SS formula.

Good luck!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
I'm surprised to see so many of those close at less than $100. They may just be recent copies of DKIII, but graded books alone are expensive enough much less copies signed by Miller, Janson, and Kubert.

I thought it was weird too. If Miller gets $150.00 and it cost around $50.00 to have a comic slabbed and shipped that guy ended up getting jacked-up on some of those listings. Makes me wary of jumping feet first into a buying frenzy.

I did buy on of the books last night. Liked the cover, the signatures, and that it came out of Miller's private collection (whatever that means?).
Post 5 IP   flag post
597963 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?