Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help Needed

New Teen Titans #111925

Collector Geohans private msg quote post Address this user
Still remember being excited about getting this from my subscription service almost 40 years ago.

Post 1 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
6.5/7.0
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
It looks pretty good, but it's kind of hard to any defects other than the crease under the top staple and the slightly curved bottom right corner. After zooming into the pictures I can see more issues on the spine. I think it's in VF (8.0).
Post 3 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like a couple of major creases on the top left front, which will also translate to the top right back, like it got bent over. That would make me think VF, but a good press might send it into the 9's. According to GPA, a 9.0 to 9.4 could be worth around $50-$80, so some room to work with.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
There are 6 colour breaking ticks on the 3rd picture alone.....don't think this gets near 9s.
Post 5 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
There are 6 colour breaking ticks on the 3rd picture alone.....don't think this gets near 9s.

That could be true, eyesight not what it once was. Easier to judge if comic is in hand. Maybe it could get the special pressing with "color-breaking tick removal". Yeah, that would fix it. There's quite an upcharge for that.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@chester15 lol! It's a white cover which makes colour breaking ticks even harder to see...with a press I think it could get an 8.0 but there does appear to be some issues.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with GAC.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Yes, but if you really NEED it to be in the mid-high 9's, you send it to a different grading company and enclose $50 extra.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@chester15 Ha! 👍
Post 10 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
The one DC series I really liked growing up.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

Ditto.

Well, I also liked their war themed comics.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

You're right. I couldn't zoom in to see the spine creases but they're there.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Does it look like a name was written on something that was placed on top of the cover and the reverse image is visible on the inside cover? It's in between the two lego boxes towards the spine.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Around the time this was published, I started buying comics in bulk for a few years. Mostly Marvel titles, 10 each of high profile titles, 5 of mid-popularity titles, 3 each of the also-rans. I saw in the solicitation that this was coming out. I ordered 25. Sold them all off over the years, a few at a time. One of my better purchases. Now let's talk about all the "losing lottery tickets".
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
Does it look like a name was written on something that was placed on top of the cover and the reverse image is visible on the inside cover? It's in between the two lego boxes towards the spine.

I see what you are referring to. Maybe someone wrote something on a paper on top of the comic, and then the ink from the splash page got transferred onto the inside front cover from the pressure of the pen tip. There doesn't seem to be anything on the front cover, opposite of where that writing is.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Geohans private msg quote post Address this user
You guys are good! Yes, it does appear to be the reverse image of some writing.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
This gets a solid 7.5 assuming no more than 8 allowable defects. I don't see this getting lower than the 7.5. For 40 years this book has less defects than me!! Nuff said.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Cop
This gets a solid 7.5 assuming no more than 8 allowable defects. I don't see this getting lower than the 7.5. For 40 years this book has less defects than me!! Nuff said.

It's hard to believe this book is 40 years old. I remember it being on the newsstand.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector ggovel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

Ditto.

Well, I also liked their war themed comics.

My DC purchases from the late 70's - early 80's included a lot of their horror books - Ghosts, House of Mystery, Unknown, etc.
Post 20 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Cop

It's hard to believe this book is 40 years old. I remember it being on the newsstand.

So do I! I also remember being blown away by DC Comics presents (1st appearance) and this comic. Such an innovative comic at the time as most people could not care about the Teen Titans for so many years until this reincarnation.
Post 21 IP   flag post
601328 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?