Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies Television

CW is going to start airing Swamp Thing.11910

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
It seems CW bought Swamp Thing from DC Universe. The article doesn't give a start date or if they are going to produce new episodes.

Post 1 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
How dare you post on this without news of season 2 @Jesse_O! Jk of course but don’t play with my emotions!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Seems promising for new episodes.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
I hope season two will happen I loved season one.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
According to that article the CW is going to be announcing their fall schedule this week. Maybe there will be more news then. I'm hoping there will be a second season!!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
If people watch it and it gets attention, it will come back.

Remember how family guy got canned...it had a great cult following and when Fox released the first few seasons on dvd and it immediately sold out they realized what a mistake they made...
Post 6 IP   flag post
I nursed the heck out of the second half of the episodes because I knew it got canceled. It looks like I’ll get first hand information here. Thanks everyone.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
So is DC streaming going to get shutdown soon?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
So is DC streaming going to get shutdown soon?

It’s only a rumor, but there was talk of the DC streaming service being absorbed by another some time ago.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@00slim

Looks like all of the new good stuff is going to hbo max. Doesn't give customers too much motivation to subscribe to a service that doesn't add anything new. Already too many streaming services as is.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Please no season 2....it will be heartbreaking because it will be with a CW budget.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Please no season 2....it will be heartbreaking because it will be with a CW budget.

I hope they do it like the first season. Wishful thinking probably.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I just picked these up today.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

lol, I'm imagining an incredible hulk Halloween costume with leaves and branches glued to it.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
What a waste of money signing up for DC universe service good lord what a sham
Post 15 IP   flag post
DC should just can all it's movies and TV....the TV shows are better than the movies but really how hard is it to be better than a DC movie?

Looks like people are getting burnt out on Hero movies anyway - or at least ones pushing agendas. DC was late to the game and they showed up needing equipment, a trainer and an explanation of what the game was!

Maybe try again in 5 or 10 years and do it proper....individual movies about characters we can care about that lead into a team movie vs some sort of group antagonist.

A better choice of characters too...I really like Flash...but their version was a whiney kid, and really lets look at Flash....not as good a detective as Batman and not as fast or equally fast as Superman...so if you have Bats and Sups on your team....why do you need Flash. If you have Superman or Wonder Woman you are in the Captain Marvel trap...you now have heroes who are so over powered that they can easily take anyone the others would have trouble with and if you have a bad guy who gives Supes/WW problems then the others are useless.....

Oh DC....why...just why???
Post 16 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Wow I paid for a year subscription and when I logged into DC Universe just now it said I do not have any active subscriptions....wow
Post 17 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Wow I paid for a year subscription and when I logged into DC Universe just now it said I do not have any active subscriptions....wow

Ouch. Amazing they started this service knowing full well they didn't have anywhere near enough content to keep people coming back each month.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Warner Bros. that’s why.

On CW I liked flash in the beginning. Got really tired of the Constant whining which seem to only get worse with every episode. Green Arrow was kind of cool at first; then I was like “ where is this going?” And all of the cross overs pissed me off. If you didn’t Watch Flash or SuperGirl the story was lost.
Post 19 IP   flag post
DC Sucks.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
DC Sucks.
I tend to agree, unfortunately Swamp Thing and John Constantine throw a wrench into my opinion on the matter.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@KatKomics
Not sure how op wonder woman is. I don't think she is bulletproof. I had this discussion on Facebook a while ago.
Post 22 IP   flag post
WW is a bit all over the place in the movies.

She can take a headbutt from Supes no problem but has difficulty fighting normal guys too? She can sometimes move faster than a bullet to run in front of a machine gun all while deflecting bullets with her bracelets but other times she walks slowly across no mans land and uses a shield for the bullets?? why?? why not just out run them or walk straight at them and deflect them??

That's all just more issues with stupid DC. Choose a characters powers, impose limits to them and stick to it....don't just change stuff cause the script needs it!!

Marvel really did get it right. Each character has a set of skills and powers that are great on their own and complement each other when in a team rather than over lapping...and the characters skills and powers didn't change based on what the script wanted them to do! Instead the characters found a way to overcome the obstacles using what was established as their skill/power range.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Fingers crossed for it getting an average audience score above the high bar set by Bat Woman, i.e., 13% on Rotten Tomatoes.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
DC Sucks.
I tend to agree, unfortunately Swamp Thing and John Constantine throw a wrench into my opinion on the matter.

I'll even add Doom Patrol...it's quirky but I liked the comic and the show was pretty good too!!

Seems like anything kind of good that DC does get cancelled though!!

My kid and I both enjoyed Shazam but it sounds like a follow up movie won't be until fall of 2022! that's about a year too late. My kid was 11 when it came out and will be 14 for the next....likely won't be interested by then, even at 13 he may have been on the fence but 14 is a whole other ball game.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Doom Patrol was great from the beginning, but that finale got super weird and I could barely finish it.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:

lol, I'm imagining an incredible hulk Halloween costume with leaves and branches glued to it.

Something that looks like this, maybe?

Post 27 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Quote:
Quote:

That would blow CW's budget for the entire year!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Marvel needs to bring The Toxic Avenger back!

Post 29 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Quote:
Quote:

That would blow CW's budget for the entire year!

On the costume alone.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601505 30 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?