Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSPComics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeQuestionsSignatures

Help confirm Todd McFarlane signature + Price?11908

Collector jotaro238 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all,
I recently acquired some Spawn comics(#1 Direct, #2 NSV) from a widow online. They were signed, ungraded and were damaged a bit in shipping, she didn't know what she was doing...[>.<] I want to see if the signatures look authentic to any of you and if you think I paid too much @ $130.54 for them? I'm thinking about requesting a small refund for them being damaged and maybe a lot more if the signatures don't look authentic to you all. I sincerely appreciate all of your time. I'm also thinking about having CBCS press, clean, grade them and authenticate the signatures if you all think they are worth it. From all my research it seems like these might be older 90's era signatures but I really don't know.
Thanks again!!

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Todd’s signature is relatively simple so it’s one where the tiny details really matter which I don’t really have time to examine right now but here are the two McFarlane signature I have slabbed. The one on your books more closely resembles the one on the ASM 300, where he doesn’t fully spell out his first name.

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
Oh...those do look real! A press should help them out. Great snag! Todd's signature doesn't really change too much.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I think the sigs look legit (fwiw), and $130 for both(?) isn't so bad in my opinion, if they're keepers.
Of course you're going by her word, but personally I'd be hesitant asking the widow of a comic collector for a partial refund, though I'm not saying it's right or wrong. That's an opinion based on a mental image of someone having to deal with thousands (or hundreds) of items she never understood. My wife is like this, and she has no interest in learning.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@BATMAN79. Great snag? Is that a good price($130.54 total)since they look real? If I request a small refund do you think the price of having them pressed is fair?
thanks again for your opinion!
Post 5 IP   flag post
@siggy That is Definitely on my mind...
Thinking about my own girlfriend/wife to be someday selling my collection of comic books and old Magic cards, I'd not want someone to give her a hard time/take advantage because she didn't know. I'm sure it's hard enough going through the stuff to sell it as it is. If you and everyone else thinks $130 is fair in the condition and that the sigs look authentic, then I have my answer. Thank you man.
Post 6 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I got a few of his sigs and they do look 100% real to me. I tend to look at the "Farlane" part first because this is where most fake sigs will show that they are fake, especially in the "AR and the E". There is not breakage in the last name in the case. If you'd like, then I can post a few books of mine that he signed to help out.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Looks real to me, with a good press you could be looking at 9.6 or better I don’t think I saw color breaking on the dings.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@justthatguy
Yeah that would be great!
Thanks!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Lol dude don’t dare ask for a refund from a widow. That’s bad karma man
Post 10 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I would not worry about the refund. If the signatures verify you got a great deal. If they don't, you got a bad deal. The $20-$30 refund really won't change any of this.
Post 11 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, I would not be requesting any sort of refund.
Post 12 IP   flag post
598013 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?