Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help Needed

Help with grading this Secret Wars #811897

Collector Kenjisan1967 private msg quote post Address this user
A long time friend gave me a box of books that he found in his old room at his mom's house that he wanted me to go through and point out anything of value. Most of the books are just readers, there are a few potential books, but this is the only good key. Overall it's a really tight book but the fading is obvious and because of the fading it has caused a discoloration to bleed through on the white spider logo of the costume and a discoloration where the distributors' ink was placed on the top of the book. What do you all think!?! Unfortunately his entire Secret Wars set is this way, including an ASM Annual #16.
Post 1 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
is that water damage on the left side of the Spidey emblem?
Post 2 IP   flag post
@GAC I don't believe it is, there was no paper damage that is usually associated with water.
Post 3 IP   flag post
To me it looks like the ink from the interior page at Thor's hair and the green square (distributor's ink?) caused the discoloration at the two locations
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
it's a pretty good copy...need to see front and back out of the bag but from what I can see maybe an 8.5
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Are you planning on getting it cleaned/pressed? Cause I think I can see a finger print between the words "Limited Series" at the top.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth It's not a finger print, on the first page there's a green square box. Somehow it caused a discoloration on the cover
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Kenjisan1967 got it. Thanks for clarifying.

From the front cover pics, looks like a 9.2 IMO. Nice looking book.
Post 8 IP   flag post
596798 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?